It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:14 pm

More PSRM in this one. Trying to adapt two beta ideas into one

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

More PSRM in this one. Trying to adapt two beta ideas into one

Post by CodeCode »

So have another idea that I think PSRM can do better than other ways.

Concept skin 1 was a sort of hunked together code between a few of the big brains.

Concept skin 2 was also a chunked together skin with lots of ideas going into it - even I had some involvement.

#1 uses death.crafter's PSRM skills, and i have already built another skin based on that, now for round two...

I have managed to get the formatting looking how I would like. I am having trouble finding ideas to help me along, but I dont really know what I am looking for with ps1 commands.

#2 was a lot of people putting ideas into it. I kept the idea as it seemed all the others were not really interested in what I added to it - not much really just some visual formatting and some code.

Now the request comes in. I am again using PSRM to build a list of meters and measures, to effectively adapt to so many different pc setups etc. with the information being collected from a user system. Number of drives, their names labels etc and subfolders.

The reason for trying to do this, is of course to learn, but also get my idea into a working skin. The idea was to improve functionality by using containers to navigate the indexes of the pc storage list, find a file and even open it. The original idea for this was actually finally pretty buggy, since the skin could not read any number of drives there was a set count in the main measure. I have not been able to get past a few things.

I am getting mixed results with containers - definitely the way I'd like to go as I know it will like work - but mixed results based on my lack of understanding of PSRM commands.

The other thing is seems to be difficult is having multiple smaller meters in a larger container. This behaviour seems a good way to go, just am not sure how to do it/these ideas.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by CodeCode on October 10th, 2021, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: More PSRM in this one. Trying to adapt two beta ideas into one

Post by death.crafter »

Do you mean like a file explorer?

I think you have made that before. Using FileView haven't you?

And if you are trying to do it with PSRM, beleive me don't. It will be way too inefficient and slow.

Well I won't stop you from doing this but just so you know.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok. I will listen to common sense.

I have made a ton of progress, getting all of the containers working and scrolling. I am now stuck on the drive icons.

But I digress.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: October 10th, 2021, 4:42 am Ok. I will listen to common sense.

I have made a ton of progress, getting all of the containers working and scrolling. I am now stuck on the drive icons.

But I digress.
Lol, why did you remove the download link. I was gonna download it.

Anyway, you can't really get drive icons using powershell, so you either use your own, extract using file view or leave it blank.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: October 10th, 2021, 6:16 am Lol, why did you remove the download link. I was gonna download it.

Anyway, you can't really get drive icons using powershell, so you either use your own, extract using file view or leave it blank.
That version was kinda really lame, and I think I was just not trying enough.

This is what I have so far.
Titan Drives_1.3.1a.rmskin
The Config Name for this rmskin keeps changing so I can maintain the experiment History with clarity.

If anyone could take a look. This version is still an alpha since the followPath commands are not working. I did not include the failed attempt/s for this part of the skin, so as not to complicate and already fairly involved skin - for alpha testing and/or ideas to get the mPath commands working, it would be really cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

CodeCode wrote: October 10th, 2021, 9:06 am That version was kinda really lame, and I think I was just not trying enough.

This is what I have so far.

The Config Name for this rmskin keeps changing so I can maintain the experiment History with clarity.

If anyone could take a look. This version is still an alpha since the followPath commands are not working. I did not include the failed attempt/s for this part of the skin, so as not to complicate and already fairly involved skin - for alpha testing and/or ideas to get the mPath commands working, it would be really cool.
I edited the previous post by accident.
I am including the file here as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.