It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:19 pm

Rainmeter using 2GB RAM!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
sl23

Rainmeter using 2GB RAM!

Post by sl23 »

Is that normal? When my pc starts up, Rainmeter is using around 6MB RAM. But it slowly creeps up to around the 2GB mark and I don't know why. CPU usage starts at around 3% and goes up to around 7-10%.

If I unload skins it makes very little impact. Except when I unload the Mic monitor skin, then the CPU usage drops bk to around 3-4%. But the RAM stays at the 2GB mark.

Any ideas what's going? Is it an app issue or a skin issue?
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter using 2GB RAM!

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 9:43 am Is that normal? When my pc starts up, Rainmeter is using around 6MB RAM. But it slowly creeps up to around the 2GB mark and I don't know why. CPU usage starts at around 3% and goes up to around 7-10%.

If I unload skins it makes very little impact. Except when I unload the Mic monitor skin, then the CPU usage drops bk to around 3-4%. But the RAM stays at the 2GB mark.

Any ideas what's going? Is it an app issue or a skin issue?
Most probably a faulty plugin, or wrong use of plugin.

Usually a never ending faulty loop causes these kind of things. Check if you got some in any of your scripts, or any plugin that you use.

Also, I would imagine you are using PowershellRM for this mic skin.

If so, check the update function of that skin. It is probably making some mistakes there. And I have noticed in C# plugins that (require devs attention) they really aren't unloaded even if you unload all the skins that use them. If you want to delete or replace that plugin you'll have to quit Rainmeter first.

Lastly, pack up the config in focus, including all the plugins that are used.
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Ok thanks, I'll check later. I think it's likely the Mic skins plugin, but I'll confirm it later.
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:47 am Ok thanks, I'll check later. I think it's likely the Mic skins plugin, but I'll confirm it later.
What Mic skin is and what plugins does it use?
sl23

Post by sl23 »

As I suspected, removing the "AudioDeviceCmdlets.dll" Addon for the Mic skin has returned RAM usage to 65.5MB and CPU usage to 8%.
Unloading the Mic skin reduced CPU usage further to 5%.

Who wrote this plugin? Is there anyway to let the author know?

@balala: This is the skin and addon used in my Rounded and RoundedMini suites.
Last edited by sl23 on October 7th, 2021, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 5:43 pm @balala: This is the skin and addon used in my Rounded and RoundedMini suites.
I don't know that addon. But you probably will have to find another solution or a fix to this issue.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Is there another way to control this device without using this DLL file?
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 8:24 pm Is there another way to control this device without using this DLL file?
Which device? Which DLL file (or plugin) exactly? And additionally initially you were talking about an addon. Now the issue is caused by a plugin or by an addon? In any case a download link would be nice.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

As mentioned above, the device to be controlled is the System Mic, and the DLL is the AudioDeviceCmdlets.dll. :D
- MuLab -
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 5:43 pm As I suspected, removing the "AudioDeviceCmdlets.dll" Addon for the Mic skin has returned RAM usage to 65.5MB and CPU usage to 8%.
Unloading the Mic skin reduced CPU usage further to 5%.

Who wrote this plugin? Is there anyway to let the author know?

@balala: This is the skin and addon used in my Rounded and RoundedMini suites.
... I don't think AudioDeviceCmdlets is the problem here cause I use it with my skins. I will check your mic skin tomorrow to see if there is something wrong with that.

@balala: The "add-on" in question here is a powershell module by frgnca. You can find it in GitHub.
from the Realm of Death