It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:26 am

Rainmeter not showing any values for CPU Usage & GPU Meter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
tweek

Rainmeter not showing any values for CPU Usage & GPU Meter

Post by tweek »

Since updating to Rainmeter 4.5.3 Friday, my GPU Meter is no longer showing values for GPU0 from HWINFO. Also no values from CPU for temp or voltage.

I have the latest HWINFO installed - 7.10-4540 as well as latest ModernGadgets - 1.8.1

Anyone else seeing this or have a fix?

Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter not showing any values for CPU Usage & GPU Meter

Post by SilverAzide »

tweek wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:34 pm Since updating to Rainmeter 4.5.3 Friday, my GPU Meter is no longer showing values for GPU0 from HWINFO. Also no values from CPU for temp or voltage.

I have the latest HWINFO installed - 7.10-4540 as well as latest ModernGadgets - 1.8.1

Anyone else seeing this or have a fix?

Thanks!
Did you follow raiguard's instructions for mapping your HWiNFO sensor indexes? They aren't the same as before.

HWiNFO Configuration
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
tweek

Post by tweek »

I had not seen the updates on this page. I will try this out tomorrow. Thank you!!
tweek

Post by tweek »

Followed new 5 day old updated instructions. Matched up all the Index numbers in the HWiNFOSettings.inc file, did the refresh and all is displaying once again.

Thank you SilverAzide for the tip on the updated instructions!
tweek

Post by tweek »

Ok, when I reboot, all the settings revert! Do I have to edit the HWiNFOSettings.inc file after EVERY reboot????
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

tweek wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:10 pm Ok, when I reboot, all the settings revert! Do I have to edit the HWiNFOSettings.inc file after EVERY reboot????
Definitely not. How is it possible for settings to be reverted? All the settings are in a file, is it somehow being wiped out? Is HWiNFO running?
tweek

Post by tweek »

SilverAzide wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:24 pm Definitely not. How is it possible for settings to be reverted? All the settings are in a file, is it somehow being wiped out? Is HWiNFO running?
I had to open the HWiNFOSettings.inc file (all the index numbers were still in the file), save it, then refresh Rainmeter. Very odd indeed. I will try another reboot and see what happens.
tweek

Post by tweek »

SilverAzide wrote: September 29th, 2021, 4:24 pm Definitely not. How is it possible for settings to be reverted? All the settings are in a file, is it somehow being wiped out? Is HWiNFO running?
On every reboot I need to open the HWiNFO Sensors window in order to get GPU and CPU info to fully show up. A bit odd, but workable.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

tweek wrote: September 30th, 2021, 2:50 pm On every reboot I need to open the HWiNFO Sensors window in order to get GPU and CPU info to fully show up. A bit odd, but workable.
I'm not sure I understand. The HWiNFO sensors panel has always been a requirement to be open. It can be minimized to the system tray, but it must always be present and running. It's never worked any other way; all third-party monitors have this same requirement (SpeedFan, CoreTemp, Afterburner, etc.).
tweek

Post by tweek »

SilverAzide wrote: September 30th, 2021, 7:41 pm I'm not sure I understand. The HWiNFO sensors panel has always been a requirement to be open. It can be minimized to the system tray, but it must always be present and running. It's never worked any other way; all third-party monitors have this same requirement (SpeedFan, CoreTemp, Afterburner, etc.).
Interesting... I have never had the Sensors panel open (or open and minimized) before in order to see GPU and CPU information. Now I briefly open the Sensors window, and I can close it and Rainmeter continues to show information the remainder of the day until I reboot. I have always opened and minimized on startup HWiNFO, but have never needed to check the "Show Sensors on Startup" box.

Not a big deal at all, just noting the change I have encountered.