It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:36 am

I installed some weather widgets but the weather is not loading.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I installed some weather widgets but the weather is not loading.

Post by eclectic-tech »

GBR213Official wrote: September 29th, 2021, 10:50 pm I don't use DeviantArt because there are too many logo kids.
I even tried a different one and it still does not work.
Trying to search up Xenium skins also sends me to this page.
Your aversion to DA is understandable, but extremely limits what you will find in working weather skins... many have not been updated since the change to The Weather Channel feed last year.

Here is one of Xxenium's skins Windows10 Pro version you can download from here (hopefully Xxenium has no issues with this :???: ), it is similar to what you were looking at on the outdated VisualSkins site :phhht .
win10pro.png
windows_10_weather_pro__updated_23_mar_2021__by_xxenium_ddrva5m.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GBR213Official

Post by GBR213Official »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 30th, 2021, 12:01 am you can download from here (hopefully Xxenium has no issues with this :???: ), it is similar to what you were looking at on the outdated VisualSkins site :phhht .
win10pro.png
windows_10_weather_pro__updated_23_mar_2021__by_xxenium_ddrva5m.rmskin
It works! Thank you! But there is also a stocks/money viewer skin not working.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

GBR213Official wrote: September 29th, 2021, 10:50 pm I don't use DeviantArt because there are too many logo kids.
I even tried a different one and it still does not work.
Trying to search up Xenium skins also sends me to this page.
You can search for weather skins on the Share Your Creations > Weather forum here, but many of those will link to the pages on DeviantArt.

If you want help, you are going to have to state exactly which skins you are trying and where you got them from. Just saying "it doesn't work" is completely useless; no one can help you with only that information.

You also need to know that all weather skins that use weather.com for data, and were created before (roughly) August 2020, are broken and will not work. Skins that DarkSky for data will not work. Skins that use Forca, Yahoo and other sites that scrape HTML pages for data, may not work unless they are recent.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

GBR213Official wrote: September 30th, 2021, 8:57 am It works! Thank you! But there is also a stocks/money viewer skin not working.
Again, you need to state specifically which skin you are talking about and where you got it. No one can help you otherwise.
GBR213Official

Post by GBR213Official »

SilverAzide wrote: September 30th, 2021, 12:20 pm Again, you need to state specifically which skin you are talking about and where you got it. No one can help you otherwise.
Checking my history from 28 September, it was this: https://visualskins.com/skin/currency-markets
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

GBR213Official wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 1:17 am Checking my history from 28 September, it was this: https://visualskins.com/skin/currency-markets
As Eclectic-tech mentioned above, you might want to find another source of skins besides that visualskins.com site. Whoever put that site together just scraped a bunch of skins from DA and posted them, then appears to have lost interest and abandoned it years ago.

That Currency Markets skin is by Mordasius, and it broke a long time ago when the data source site started blocking Rainmeter skins from accessing their data. Mordasius fixed it several times since then to keep it current. You can find the current working version on DA: Currency Markets.

I know you don't like DA (neither do I, and a lot of people agree with you), but you might have to get over your dislike if you want to find working skins. Most skin authors post there as it is one of the better hosts, despite its suckiness and being overrun with crappy "art". The other place to find skins is here on the Rainmeter forums, but you won't find nearly as many as on DA and there is no thumbnail gallery to skim through.
GBR213Official

Post by GBR213Official »

SilverAzide wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 1:55 am It broke a long time ago when the data source site started blocking Rainmeter skins from accessing their data. You can find the current working version on DA.
DA??? Deviant Art? No thank you. That whole idea is so bloated. I don't want to make an account for that website. With the horrible artworks (exception for the BFB photo), and bloated coding, I don't think I'd join. :thumbdown:
Author Unknown wrote: I love the good times, not the bad times, likes to dance when the midnight bells time.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

GBR213Official wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 9:29 pm DA??? Deviant Art? No thank you. That whole idea is so bloated. I don't want to make an account for that website. With the horrible artworks (exception for the BFB photo), and bloated coding, I don't think I'd join. :thumbdown:
Well, that's your call, of course. Just be aware that you just eliminated the vast majority of available skins. So when you post things like "I installed some skin and it's not working", now you will know why and what the answer will be.

You have one good option remaining, the same one I and a lot of others used many years ago when we started looking at Rainmeter skins: If it's broke, fix it yourself. If you can't find something you want, build it yourself. Rainmeter is not hard to learn, it's all just simple text Windows .ini files, but you can get as fancy as you want, up to and including building your own plugins. If you get stuck, ask here on the forums and someone will probably be able to help.