It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:10 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
MourningStar

Re: Gadgets 7.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by MourningStar »

ok - i have updated both Rainmeter and this Gadgets suite. Regarding the two Weather Meter skins. While downloading or uploading, I notice that Pro shows no activity and all values are 0 and the non-Pro skin does show activity and values. Have I not done something correctly for the Pro skin to work?

(this behavior existed before the updates)

-thx
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:37 pm ok - i have updated both Rainmeter and this Gadgets suite. Regarding the two Weather Meter skins. While downloading or uploading, I notice that Pro shows no activity and all values are 0 and the non-Pro skin does show activity and values. Have I not done something correctly for the Pro skin to work?

(this behavior existed before the updates)

-thx
Yes, it sounds like you have not installed the NetMonitor service. Click the wrench icon in the upper right corner of the skin to open the Settings, then click the Install NetMonitor service link. Once the service is running, you should be good to go (you will probably need to refresh the skins, and make sure you have your interfaces selected in the Settings). You can click the gear icon to auto-configure, if needed.

More info here: HOW TO: Configure your Network Meter gadget.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:28 pm Yes, ...
All's good, thank you!

(btw, I meant 'Wireless' Meter, by your response you already knew that :oops: _ )

p.s. why a Pro AND a non-Pro?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:52 pm p.s. why a Pro AND a non-Pro?
Great, glad you got it working now! As far as Pro/non-Pro, some folks aren't comfortable installing Windows services, or they can't since it requires Admin permission. So the "pure Rainmeter" non-Pro skins are available for those folks who prefer them.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 27th, 2021, 10:43 pm Great, glad you got it working now! As far as Pro/non-Pro, some folks aren't comfortable installing Windows services, or they can't since it requires Admin permission. So the "pure Rainmeter" non-Pro skins are available for those folks who prefer them.
ok - what does the Pro have to offer over that of the non-Pro?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 28th, 2021, 12:02 am ok - what does the Pro have to offer over that of the non-Pro?
The advantages are described on the page I linked above, just a little higher up: INFO: Network statistics monitoring.

Besides the additional accuracy, the NetMonitor service watches the adapters even when Rainmeter isn't running, like when you boot your machine but don't log in right away, or when someone else logs in that doesn't use Rainmeter. The full readme is in the service installation folder, usually C:\Program Files\Gadgets\NetMonitor\NetMonitor_Readme.txt.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 28th, 2021, 12:46 amLet me know if you have any additional questions.
Thank you for a most informative and helpful reply. :thumbup:
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

MourningStar wrote: September 27th, 2021, 4:37 pm ok - i have updated both Rainmeter and this Gadgets suite. ..
hmmm, that ugly Intel logo resurfaced as a result. Before it was a simple replace the one icon. Now there's a sh!tload. Which one?!?!?

:17angry

edit : nevermind - resolved
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 29th, 2021, 1:22 am hmmm, that ugly Intel logo resurfaced as a result. Before it was a simple replace the one icon. Now there's a sh!tload. Which one?!?!?

edit : nevermind - resolved
LOL, I was wondering when you'd mention that! :D
I made an option just for you because I knew you'd want it. ;) Look for the measure [MeasureCPUIcon]; there's two of them, one commented-out, the other not. Uncomment the one you prefer, and comment-out the other one.

I debated making this a formal option, but I haven't so far. You'll probably still need your special PNG file, as I forgot to include it as an alternate. Make sure you name it "CPU_intel_generic.png".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 29th, 2021, 2:51 am I made an option just for you because I knew you'd want it.
ImageImageImage