It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:50 pm

Turn on and off skins on other paths

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Nilvarno

Turn on and off skins on other paths

Post by Nilvarno »

Hi everyone, still after many years of rainmeter i understand that i understand nothing of it, so, help! xD
I need to create a button that turns on and off skins of others, so in different paths. The skin folder is in S:\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins, one of those i need in particular, for example, is in S:\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Weather\Weather.ini and it's a skin where two different buttons turn it on and off. What should i write? Thanks

Edit: thing is, when i set "Toggle" it works, but !ShowConfig and !HideConfig never do, what am i doing wrong?
Edit2: I'm so sorry and so dumb, i got, it's !ActivateConfig and !DeactivateConfig... Sorry to have made a trash post...
CodeCode

Re: Turn on and off skins on other paths

Post by CodeCode »

Please post your code, either in .rmskin or copy paste into this forum using <>...</> brackets
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Nilvarno wrote: September 12th, 2021, 5:34 pm Edit: thing is, when i set "Toggle" it works, but !ShowConfig and !HideConfig never do, what am i doing wrong?
Edit2: I'm so sorry and so dumb, i got, it's !ActivateConfig and !DeactivateConfig... Sorry to have made a trash post...
So have you got it working?
Even if you have, note two things:
  • The !ShowConfig / !HideConfig bangs don't exist. They correctly are !Show / !Hide or maybe !ShowFade / HideFade.
  • The !ActivateConfig / !DeactivateConfig bangs and !Show / !Hide are doing different things: as their names say, the !ActivateConfig and !DeactivateConfig are activating and deactivating a skin, while !Show and !Hide can be used only on activated configs / skins, to show or hide them. A hidden skin is still running, just doesn1t have visual elements (as you probably figured it out, it is hidden).
sl23

Post by sl23 »

I'm just about to release a skin loader as part of my Rounded suite if you're interested. Although it's meant for use with that suite, I've designed it to be changed by the user to be used with any skin. Feel free to change it however you want.

I should have it online for download this evening UK time. That's in about 6 to 8 hours :D
- MuLab -