It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:04 pm

Gamehub launch with hotkey

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Venom

Gamehub launch with hotkey

Post by Venom »

I d like to launch Gamehub 2 with a hotkey

It used to work but now it doesnt anymore and i cant seem to figure out how I can change it again.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gamehub launch with hotkey

Post by balala »

Venom wrote: September 9th, 2021, 7:04 pm I d like to launch Gamehub 2 with a hotkey
First what Gamehub 2 is, because I don't know? Secondly, I suppose you'd like to do this through a Rainmeter skin, right? Which skin you want to add this feature to?
Venom

Post by Venom »

balala wrote: September 9th, 2021, 7:32 pm First what Gamehub 2 is, because I don't know? Secondly, I suppose you'd like to do this through a Rainmeter skin, right? Which skin you want to add this feature to?
GameHUB 2 is the skin
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Venom wrote: September 9th, 2021, 7:38 pm GameHUB 2 is the skin
So, let's see if I understand exactly what you want: would you like to activate the skin when you hit a key combination? Am I right?
If I am, what is the exact path of the skin in cause (starting from the Skins folder)? Its name is not enough.
Venom

Post by Venom »

balala wrote: September 9th, 2021, 7:45 pm So, let's see if I understand exactly what you want: would you like to activate the skin when you hit a key combination? Am I right?
If I am, what is the exact path of the skin in cause (starting from the Skins folder)? Its name is not enough.
Exactly

where can i find the path?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Venom wrote: September 9th, 2021, 8:48 pm where can i find the path?
You have to find the path of the .ini file, which you click to activate the skin.
Is the skin this one? I suppose it is. If I'm right, the path of GameHUB.ini (it is placed into the root config - in this case the root config name is GameHUB 2, this being the folder included into the Skins folder, which contains the GameHUB.ini skin file and in different subfolders, some other skins as well) is Skins\GameHUB 2\GameHUB.ini. Accordingly you can activate the skin with the [!ActivateConfig "GameHUB 2" "GameHUB.ini"] bang. See that I marked with red the name of the config and with green the name of the skin.
To do this with a key combination, first please confirm if I indeed am right.
Venom

Post by Venom »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2021, 9:41 am You have to find the path of the .ini file, which you click to activate the skin.
Is the skin this one? I suppose it is. If I'm right, the path of GameHUB.ini (it is placed into the root config - in this case the root config name is GameHUB 2, this being the folder included into the Skins folder, which contains the GameHUB.ini skin file and in different subfolders, some other skins as well) is Skins\GameHUB 2\GameHUB.ini. Accordingly you can activate the skin with the [!ActivateConfig "GameHUB 2" "GameHUB.ini"] bang. See that I marked with red the name of the config and with green the name of the skin.
To do this with a key combination, first please confirm if I indeed am right.
Thats the one. here is what it says when i open it.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=[!CommandMeasure Load activate_config(F2)]

[Metadata]
Name=Game Drawer 2
Author=FinchNelson
Information=Game Launcher inspired with Spectrum theme, made by personal challenge
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=Spectrum 4

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Settings.inc
@Include2=#@#Active.inc
SoundStart=menu.wav

[Background]
meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=1
H=1
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
DynamicVariables=1

[Load]
Measure=Script
ScriptFile=#@#Script\loader.lua
Layout=#@#User\#filelayout#
Last edited by balala on September 10th, 2021, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Venom wrote: September 10th, 2021, 1:22 pm Thats the one. here is what it says when i open it.
Alright. In order to can use a key combination to activate the skin, you need two things:
  • The HotKey plugin has to be installed on your system (see below).
  • A skin which is running continuously (might be even in "background", so with no visible elements), which acts when the appropriate key combination is hit.
Let's start with the plugin.
  1. Do you have it installed? To check, right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, and click About. In the opening About Rainmeter dialog, click the Plugins tab (the third). Check to see if there is a HotKey.dll element in the External plugins part of the list. If it is there, the plugin is installed and can be used. Otherwise follow the next step.
  2. If the plugin is not installed you have to install it. For this go here and download the attached HotKey_1.0.0.12.rmskin skin installer. This package contains a sample skin and the plugin itself. Accordingly when you run this installer, two things are installed: the HotKey config (into the Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder) and the appropriate version of the plugin (the x86 or x64 version, depending on your OS), into the appropriate folder. When Rainmeter restarts, the plugin can be used.
You can take a look to the just installed HotKey skin, but this might be only optional. I recommend to do this, but finally it's not absolutely necessary.
Have you succeeded with all this? If you did, the next step will be to create a skin which will activate the skin when you hit the associated key combination. So did you install the plugin?
Venom

Post by Venom »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2021, 6:52 pm Alright. In order to can use a key combination to activate the skin, you need two things:
  • The HotKey plugin has to be installed on your system (see below).
  • A skin which is running continuously (might be even in "background", so with no visible elements), which acts when the appropriate key combination is hit.
Let's start with the plugin.
  1. Do you have it installed? To check, right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, and click About. In the opening About Rainmeter dialog, click the Plugins tab (the third). Check to see if there is a HotKey.dll element in the External plugins part of the list. If it is there, the plugin is installed and can be used. Otherwise follow the next step.
  2. If the plugin is not installed you have to install it. For this go here and download the attached HotKey_1.0.0.12.rmskin skin installer. This package contains a sample skin and the plugin itself. Accordingly when you run this installer, two things are installed: the HotKey config (into the Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder) and the appropriate version of the plugin (the x86 or x64 version, depending on your OS), into the appropriate folder. When Rainmeter restarts, the plugin can be used.
You can take a look to the just installed HotKey skin, but this might be only optional. I recommend to do this, but finally it's not absolutely necessary.
Have you succeeded with all this? If you did, the next step will be to create a skin which will activate the skin when you hit the associated key combination. So did you install the plugin?
yes the hotkey plugin is installed
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Venom wrote: September 10th, 2021, 11:25 pm yes the hotkey plugin is installed
Alright, then it's quite easy to achieve what you want. Here is an example, please try it out:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[MeasureActivate]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=CTRL G
KeyDownAction=[!ActivateConfig "GameHUB 2" "GameHUB.ini"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterPI]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=Toggle GameHUB 2
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "GameHUB 2" "GameHUB.ini"]
This skin shows a Toggle GameHUB 2 string. For now you can either click this string or hit the Ctrl-G key combination to activate the skin. The key combination can easily be changed to (almost) whatever you want. What key combination would you want to use?
Later if needed we can eliminate the visual element (the Toggle GameHUB 2 string). Do you want this?