It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:43 am

Having Trouble With Some Measures Doing Folder Suff

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Having Trouble With Some Measures Doing Folder Suff

Post by CodeCode »

Hello.
I have a sort of basic skin that reads the rainmeter.ini, that was originally put together by Yamajac a while back.
I am trying to modify it to list only the [SectionNames].
Yamajac is a regexp master, and I cannot figure out how to get the intended [Sections] in the rainmeter.ini.
I also thought to add another function, that counts all of the .ini files in the Skins folder.
This code is totallu hacked up, but still basically works like Yamajac originally aimed for.
My Goals are to list the active configs in a list that can scroll up and down. To list the total amount of .ini files in the skins folder, and have the list be clickable as currently configured.
There is a huge amount of space to improve what I have right now, so if something is Kludged, please help me eliminate the bad code and get these functionalities working.

Thanks for any help.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
DefaultUpdateDivider=-1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[variables]
Spacing=18
MaxListings=15
StartY=39
Padding=22
Width=295

[MeasureUserName]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=USER_NAME
UpdateDivider=-1

[RainmeterSettings]
Measure=WebParser
URL=file://C:\Users\[&MeasureUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
CodePage=1200
RegExp=(?s)(.*)
UpdateDivider=5
UpdateRate=1
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeasure GetConfigName][!UpdateMeterGroup ShowIt][!Redraw]

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=#SKINSPATH#
Count=9

[mFileCount]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[mPath]
Type=FileCount

[GetConfigName]
Measure=String
String=[RainmeterSettings]
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#"

[ClickedConfig]
Measure=String
String=[GetConfigName]
MinValue=[GetMouseY]
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="(?s)([^\n]*?\n){0,[ClickedConfig:MinValue]}([^\n]*?)\n.*" : "\2"

[Header]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 0, 0, 300, 40, 8

[Title]
Meter=string
StringAlign=Left
Text="ACTIVE CONFIGS: [mFileCount]"
StringEffect=Border
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,255
Padding=15,3,120,20
X=0
Y=0
Fontcolor=210,170,90,255
Container=Header
StringStyle=Normal
SolidColor=5,5,5,200
FontSize=18
DynamicVariables=1

[Container]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 0, 0, 300, (#Spacing# * #MaxListings#+#Padding#), 12

[ClickVar]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 254, 4, 28, 28, 14 | Fill Color 0,0,0,100 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color 200,160,65,255
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Users\[&MeasureUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini"]

[Show]
Meter=string
Group=ShowIt
StringAlign=Left
text=[GetConfigName]
X=0
Padding=15,7,15,15
Y=45
W=295
Container=Container
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=12
FontColor=210,170,90,255
SolidColor=5,5,2,200
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y (([#CURRENTSECTION#:H]-#StartY#+[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]-#Padding#)<(#Spacing#*#MaxListings#+#Padding#)?[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]:([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]-#Spacing#))][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y ((([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]+#Spacing#)>#StartY#?#StartY#:([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]+#Spacing#)))][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
;Double-click the relevant config to access the ini file associated with it.
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetVariable MouseY "($MouseY$ / #Spacing#)"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Mousers][!EditSkin "[ClickedConfig]"][!UpdateMeasure "ClickedConfig"][!UpdateMeasure RainmeterSettings][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[GetMouseY]
Measure=Calc
Group=NoUpdate | Mousers
Disabled=1
Formula=(Ceil(#MouseY#) - 1) = -1 ? 0 : (Ceil(#MouseY#) - 1)
DynamicVariables=1

[NoUpdate]
Measure = Calc
OnUpdateAction = [!EnableMeasureGroup NoUpdate][!DisableMeasure NoUpdate]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Having Trouble With Some Measures Doing Folder Suff

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: September 9th, 2021, 4:47 pm My Goals are to list the active configs in a list that can scroll up and down. To list the total amount of .ini files in the skins folder, and have the list be clickable as currently configured.
There is a huge amount of space to improve what I have right now, so if something is Kludged, please help me eliminate the bad code and get these functionalities working.
Not sure what are waiting for, because the code works well. The only thing which is not shown properly is the number of active configs.
And one other thing which doesn't make too much sense is the fact that there is an UpdateRate=1 option set on the [RainmeterSettings] measure, but the whole skin has the Update set to Update=-1. Finally not a problem, just as said, doesn't make sense. However doesn't produce error.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: September 9th, 2021, 6:52 pm Not sure what are waiting for, because the code works well.
It does work. However, I am primarily having trouble with the [GetConfigName] Measure, in which I do not understand the regexp to correctly modify it so that the [ConfigNames] from the rainmeter.ini are not displayed in the full path. I would like it to only show the [ConfigName] and not the full path to the [ConfigName].

I also would like the scroll action to be more 'fitted' to the height of the string, rather than 'free scrolling' like it does. So the scroll action would more 'cleanly' go by a single line at a time, rather than the way it does in the existing code.

Sorry for not being clearer to start with, but I was worried that there would be many corrections needed, rather than someone saying 'it is great already'.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: September 10th, 2021, 1:29 am However, I am primarily having trouble with the [GetConfigName] Measure, in which I do not understand the regexp to correctly modify it so that the [ConfigNames] from the rainmeter.ini are not displayed in the full path. I would like it to only show the [ConfigName] and not the full path to the [ConfigName].
Let's start first with the above thing, the rest comes later.
Try the following modified Substitute on the [GetConfigName] measure: Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#","(.*)\\(.*)":"\2".
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Since you requested changes to your code, here are a few I would make:

Use the built-in variable to locate 'Rainmeter.ini'; "#SettingsPath#Rainmeter.ini" in both your Webparser URL and in your action to open the file when the circle is clicked.
This lets the skin find the file for both Standard and Portable installations and eliminates the need for a measure to find the USERNAME.

I do not see the point in counting the number of skin 'ini' files!? Your skin does not provide access to ALL skins, it only determines the ACTIVE ones and lists them. If you want to know how many 'ini' files, I might use the FolderInfo plugin. It is faster and uses less resources (see my code); on my system I have over 53,000 files, but only 12 active skins. You might use RegExpFilter to only count 'ini' files; I didn't in the screenshot :D

Edit: I added the line RegExpFilter=.*\.ini to the FolderInfo measure to only count 'ini' files; my total 'ini' is 6,266 files :o

I modified some of the spacing variable values so LeftMouseDoubleClick would open the correct skin in the editor.
Note I changed from LeftMouseUpAction and I re-arranged the order in which the bangs are executed with opening the file in the editor as the last action.

Here a screenshot:
active.png
And here is my mods to your code

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[variables]
Spacing=22
MaxListings=15
StartY=44
Padding=22
Width=295

[RainmeterSettings]
Measure=WebParser
URL=file://#SETTINGSPATH#Rainmeter.ini
CodePage=1200
RegExp=(?s)(.*)
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure GetConfigName][!UpdateMeasure GetConfigName][!UpdateMeterGroup ShowIt][!Redraw]

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FolderInfo
Folder="#SKINSPATH#"
IncludeSubFolders=1
InfoType=FileCount
RegExpFilter=.*\.ini

[GetConfigName]
Measure=String
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
;Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#","(.*)\\(.*)":"\2"
Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]":"\1","(?s)([^\n]*]).*":"\1","\[(.*?)]":"\1#CRLF#"
Disabled=1

[ClickedConfig]
Measure=String
String=[GetConfigName]
MinValue=[GetMouseY]
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1

[Header]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1

[Title]
Meter=string
MeasureName=mPath
StringAlign=Left
Text="CONFIGS: %1"
StringEffect=Border
Padding=15,6,120,20
X=0
Y=0
Fontcolor=210,170,90,255
Container=Header
StringStyle=Normal
SolidColor=5,5,5,200
FontSize=18
DynamicVariables=1

[Container]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 0, 0, 300, (#Spacing# * #MaxListings#+#Padding#)

[ClickVar]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 260, 10, 20, 20, 10 | Fill Color 0,0,0,100 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color 200,160,65,255
LeftMouseUpAction=["#SETTINGSPATH#Rainmeter.ini"]

[Show]
Meter=string
Group=ShowIt
StringAlign=Left
text=[GetConfigName]
X=0
Padding=15,7,15,15
Y=45
W=295
Container=Container
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=12
FontColor=210,170,90,255
SolidColor=5,5,2,200
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y (([#CURRENTSECTION#:H]-#StartY#+[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]-#Padding#)<(#Spacing#*#MaxListings#+#Padding#)?[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]:([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]-#Spacing#))][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y ((([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]+#Spacing#)>#StartY#?#StartY#:([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]+#Spacing#)))][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!SetVariable MouseY "($MouseY$ / #Spacing#)"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Mousers][!UpdateMeasure "ClickedConfig"][!UpdateMeasure RainmeterSettings][!EditSkin "[ClickedConfig]"]
DynamicVariables=1

[GetMouseY]
Measure=Calc
Group=NoUpdate | Mousers
Disabled=1
DynamicVariables=1

[NoUpdate]
Measure = Calc
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2021, 11:39 am Let's start first with the above thing, the rest comes later.
Try the following modified Substitute on the [GetConfigName] measure: Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#","(.*)\\(.*)":"\2".
Wow. I can honestly say, that is excellence in both effort and achievement. It is exact.
I wish there was a reverse engineering program that explained how any sequence worked.

Thank You! :great:
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 11th, 2021, 3:31 am Since you requested changes to your code, here are a few I would make:

Use the built-in variable to locate 'Rainmeter.ini'; "#SettingsPath#Rainmeter.ini" in both your Webparser URL and in your action to open the file when the circle is clicked.
This lets the skin find the file for both Standard and Portable installations and eliminates the need for a measure to find the USERNAME.

I do not see the point in counting the number of skin 'ini' files!? Your skin does not provide access to ALL skins, it only determines the ACTIVE ones and lists them. If you want to know how many 'ini' files, I might use the FolderInfo plugin. It is faster and uses less resources (see my code); on my system I have over 53,000 files, but only 12 active skins. You might use RegExpFilter to only count 'ini' files; I didn't in the screenshot :D

Edit: I added the line RegExpFilter=.*\.ini to the FolderInfo measure to only count 'ini' files; my total 'ini' is 6,266 files :o

I modified some of the spacing variable values so LeftMouseDoubleClick would open the correct skin in the editor.
Note I changed from LeftMouseUpAction and I re-arranged the order in which the bangs are executed with opening the file in the editor as the last action.

And here is my mods to your code

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[variables]
Spacing=22
MaxListings=15
StartY=44
Padding=22
Width=295

[RainmeterSettings]
Measure=WebParser
CodePage=1200
RegExp=(?s)(.*)
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasure GetConfigName][!UpdateMeasure GetConfigName][!UpdateMeterGroup ShowIt][!Redraw]

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FolderInfo
Folder="#SKINSPATH#"
IncludeSubFolders=1
InfoType=FileCount
RegExpFilter=.*\.ini

[GetConfigName]
Measure=String
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
;Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#","(.*)\\(.*)":"\2"
Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]":"\1","(?s)([^\n]*]).*":"\1","\[(.*?)]":"\1#CRLF#"
Disabled=1

[ClickedConfig]
Measure=String
String=[GetConfigName]
MinValue=[GetMouseY]
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1

[Header]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1

[Title]
Meter=string
MeasureName=mPath
StringAlign=Left
Text="CONFIGS: %1"
StringEffect=Border
Padding=15,6,120,20
X=0
Y=0
Fontcolor=210,170,90,255
Container=Header
StringStyle=Normal
SolidColor=5,5,5,200
FontSize=18
DynamicVariables=1

[Container]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 0, 0, 300, (#Spacing# * #MaxListings#+#Padding#)

[ClickVar]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 260, 10, 20, 20, 10 | Fill Color 0,0,0,100 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color 200,160,65,255

[Show]
Meter=string
Group=ShowIt
StringAlign=Left
text=[GetConfigName]
X=0
Padding=15,7,15,15
Y=45
W=295
Container=Container
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=12
FontColor=210,170,90,255
SolidColor=5,5,2,200
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!SetVariable MouseY "($MouseY$ / #Spacing#)"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Mousers][!UpdateMeasure "ClickedConfig"][!UpdateMeasure RainmeterSettings][!EditSkin "[ClickedConfig]"]
DynamicVariables=1

[GetMouseY]
Measure=Calc
Group=NoUpdate | Mousers
Disabled=1
DynamicVariables=1

[NoUpdate]
Measure = Calc
Really sensible changes. Thanks ET.

I also have way more in rainmeter than i actually use. But i do use quite a lot all at once.

Being able to have both active total, and existing total might help an end user manage their rainmeter better. GIven that with some reservation, most rainmeter users have a library or even a collection, to keep track of.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello.
SO I made the changes. But it seems to have lost the function of opening the ini files.

I cant see what would be different between original and current codes.

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[variables]
Spacing=22
MaxListings=15
StartY=44
Padding=22
Width=295

[RainmeterSettings]
Measure=WebParser
CodePage=1200
RegExp=(?s)(.*)
UpdateDivider=5
UpdateRate=1

[mPath]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FolderInfo
Folder="#SKINSPATH#"
IncludeSubFolders=1
InfoType=FileCount
RegExpFilter=.*\.ini

[GetConfigName]
Measure=String
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]" : "\1", "(?s)([^\n]*]).*" : "\1", "\[(.*?)]" : "\1#CRLF#","(.*)\\(.*)":"\2"
;Substitute="(?s).*?(\[[^\n]*?\])..Active=[^0]":"\1","(?s)([^\n]*]).*":"\1","\[(.*?)]":"\1#CRLF#"
Disabled=1

[ClickedConfig]
Measure=String
String=[GetConfigNamePath]
MinValue=[GetMouseY]
DynamicVariables=1
RegExpSubstitute=1

[Header]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 0, 0, 320, 40, 8

[Title]
Meter=string
StringAlign=Left
Text="ACTIVE CONFIGS: [mPath:]"
StringEffect=Border
Padding=15,3,120,20
X=0
Y=0
Fontcolor=210,170,90,255
Container=Header
StringStyle=Normal
SolidColor=0,0,0,220
FontSize=18
DynamicVariables=1

[Container]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 0, 45, 320, (#Spacing# * #MaxListings#+#Padding#), 12

[ClickVar]
Meter=Shape
DynamicVariables=1
Shape=Rectangle 280, 4, 28, 28, 14 | Fill Color 0,0,0,220 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color 200,160,65,255

[Show]
Meter=string
Group=ShowIt
StringAlign=Left
text=[GetConfigName]
X=0
Padding=15,7,15,15
Y=45
W=295
Container=Container
FontFace=Segoe UI
FontSize=12
FontColor=210,170,90,255
SolidColor=0,0,0,220
DynamicVariables=1

[GetMouseY]
Measure=Calc
Group=NoUpdate | Mousers
Disabled=1
DynamicVariables=1

[NoUpdate]
Measure = Calc
EDIT: My reckoning is that somehow the modified Substitute= seems to have created an offset, and with only that changed the center area seems to respond to mouse clicks - in effect only responding with opening a file in that area.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: September 11th, 2021, 4:30 am I can honestly say, that is excellence in both effort and achievement. It is exact.
I'm glad if you like it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 11th, 2021, 3:31 am Edit: I added the line RegExpFilter=.*\.ini to the FolderInfo measure to only count 'ini' files; my total 'ini' is 6,266 files :o
Unfortunately this is not quite a valuable information. Two things here:
  • Why to count the number of .ini files? Counting the loaded skins yes, but counting all existing .ini files, well, I believe this is not quite useful.
  • Even if you did this, the number of .ini files is not the number of configs, so the skin doesn't provide correctly this information.
Hope you don't mind I told this, didn't want to hurt you, just wanted to say my opinion.