It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:24 pm

Alien v1.2.0

Skins that monitor system information
AliciaBrownSugar

Re: Alien v1.1.0

Post by AliciaBrownSugar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:18 pm Glad you are enjoying the skin and having fun tweaking it! :great:

If you REALLY want a cool desktop setup, get the matching Amplifi Alien router, too, LOL. I tried to make the skin look as close as possible to the real thing, but I could not get the network activity histogram running as smoothly. It's kind of expensive, but it has the most insanely over-the-top display of any router ever, LOL...
I do have a question... is there an option to display GPU info too? I really love your design and it'd be cool to have it show that in the same type of template as your Alien theme.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AliciaBrownSugar wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:36 pm I do have a question... is there an option to display GPU info too? I really love your design and it'd be cool to have it show that in the same type of template as your Alien theme.
I didn't add GPU info to this skin, but it is definitely doable. This would require using a third-party utility like HWiNFO, since Rainmeter (and Windows) can only query a limited amount of GPU info. This would add a lot of complexity to the skin (and to the configuration), so I skipped it for the v1.x version. If there is interest I can add it as an enhancement at some point.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
AliciaBrownSugar

SilverAzide wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:49 pm I didn't add GPU info to this skin, but it is definitely doable. This would require using a third-party utility like HWiNFO, since Rainmeter (and Windows) can only query a limited amount of GPU info. This would add a lot of complexity to the skin (and to the configuration), so I skipped it for the v1.x version. If there is interest I can add it as an enhancement at some point.
I could just use GPU Tweak to show it. It's already there. I could arrange it something like this:
Then add a background to my extra screen tying the two together or something. I can find something to go to the other side or just not put the extra gpu tweak box on the left. Maybe I'll do FPS or something. The extra screen hasn't even shipped yet so I don't know how it'll all look on the screen yet. Lol, I literally just bought the screen today off amazon.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

AliciaBrownSugar wrote: September 4th, 2021, 12:00 am I could just use GPU Tweak to show it. It's already there. I could arrange it something like this:
Then add a background to my extra screen tying the two together or something. I can find something to go to the other side or just not put the extra gpu tweak box on the left. Maybe I'll do FPS or something. The extra screen hasn't even shipped yet so I don't know how it'll all look on the screen yet. Lol, I literally just bought the screen today off amazon.
All the data shown in the Asus app in your screenshot is accessible from HWiNFO, which in turn means Rainmeter can get it and display it since Rainmeter can talk to HWiNFO. So it can be done and it's not super difficult either... it's actually more of a pain to build the configuration routine than it is to actually show the GPU info, LOL.
AliciaBrownSugar

SilverAzide wrote: September 4th, 2021, 12:12 am All the data shown in the Asus app in your screenshot is accessible from HWiNFO, which in turn means Rainmeter can get it and display it since Rainmeter can talk to HWiNFO. So it can be done and it's not super difficult either... it's actually more of a pain to build the configuration routine than it is to actually show the GPU info, LOL.
yeah, the area under the fan speed technically shows the GPU temp. I'd just need to find how to get the VRAM usage/CPU speed to show there too. Maybe when I'm less noobish I'll be able to figure it out. I found the colors, so I'm not thaaaattttt terrible at this. I just don't know the code stuff yet, haha.
moalongkichu

Post by moalongkichu »

I am totally new to Rainmeter as well as the forum here. I want to use this skin on my laptop running Windows 10, but the weather is not working. Can anyone who knows coding make the weather page/widget work in this? In case my location is important, it is in India. Thanks in advance.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Just look for the file WeatherComJSONVariables.inc, Open it and adapt the line starting with API-Key=... like follows:

old: APIKey=d522aa97197fd864d36b418f39ebb323
new: APIKey=21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3

As you may have already found out, you can set your location by first clicking on the icon at the bottom
SS #1.png
and then simply search for your location by clicking on "Search":
SS #2.png

Edit: i set a location in India:
SS #3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

moalongkichu wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 5:01 pm I am totally new to Rainmeter as well as the forum here. I want to use this skin on my laptop running Windows 10, but the weather is not working. Can anyone who knows coding make the weather page/widget work in this? In case my location is important, it is in India. Thanks in advance.
My apologies for not posting a fix for the weather.com API key change long ago. I'll update the skin as soon as I get a chance. In the meantime, ikarus1969 has described the fix perfectly. (Thanks!)
moalongkichu

Post by moalongkichu »

ikarus1969 wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 5:58 pm Just look for the file WeatherComJSONVariables.inc, Open it and adapt the line starting with API-Key=... like follows:

old: APIKey=d522aa97197fd864d36b418f39ebb323
new: APIKey=21d8a80b3d6b444998a80b3d6b1449d3

As you may have already found out, you can set your location by first clicking on the icon at the bottom
SS #1.png
and then simply search for your location by clicking on "Search":
SS #2.png

Edit: i set a location in India:
SS #3.png

My apologies for not posting a fix for the weather.com API key change long ago. I'll update the skin as soon as I get a chance. In the meantime, ikarus1969 has described the fix perfectly. (Thanks!)
I did not expect such a prompt response. I have made the suggested changes and now it is working perfectly. Thank you both very much.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Both of you: you're welcome :welcome:
Thank's to SilverAzide for contributing in the past (and ongoing) and - hopefully - moalongkichu for contributing in the future!
Have a good time with Rainmeter.