It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:26 pm

UsageMonitor Plugin Bug

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
roughnecks

UsageMonitor Plugin Bug

Post by roughnecks »

Hello,

I'm currently using the UsageMonitor plugin to get CPU and GPU usage.. While CPU looks alright, my GPU value can go up to 170%, so I don't believe that's good.

Code: Select all

[MeasureGPU]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Alias=GPU
Index=0
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

[meterValueGPU]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleRightText
X=200
Y=0r
W=190
H=14
Text="[measureGPU:0]%"
DynamicVariables=1
That's the code I'm using, anything wrong?
Thanks
Last edited by roughnecks on August 31st, 2021, 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: UsageMonitor Plugin Bug

Post by SilverAzide »

Uh, what's the deal with the code tags not working...? :confused: (Sorry roughnecks, this is nothing you did wrong as far as I can tell.)
roughnecks

Post by roughnecks »

I asked myself the same question after I clicked "Submit" :Whistle
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

roughnecks wrote: August 31st, 2021, 7:52 pm Hello,

I'm currently using the UsageMonitor plugin to get CPU and GPU usage.. While CPU looks alright, my GPU value can go up to 170%, so I don't believe that's good.

That's the code I'm using, anything wrong?
Thanks
Nothing wrong with your code exactly. The issue is that Windows' "Desktop Window Manager" app is interfering with the process. For GPU usage, add the following line to your MeasureGPU measure: Blacklist="_Total|Idle|dwm". Some of those may not be 100% needed, but add "dwm" at least.
roughnecks

Post by roughnecks »

SilverAzide wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:17 pm Nothing wrong with your code exactly. The issue is that Windows' "Display Window Manager" app is interfering with the process. For GPU usage, add the following line to your MeasureGPU measure: Blacklist="_Total|Idle|dwm". Some of those may not be 100% needed, but add "dwm" at least.
I just added Blacklist="dwm" first and Blacklist="_Total|Idle|dwm" afterwards, refreshed my skin but no changes.
While only playing a game it goes over 100%, like 107 or so, but if I start recording/streaming with OBS it jumps to 170% and more. :confused:

Oh, and I had BBCODES disabled :-)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

roughnecks wrote: August 31st, 2021, 8:28 pm I just added Blacklist="dwm" first and Blacklist="_Total|Idle|dwm" afterwards, refreshed my skin but no changes.
While only playing a game it goes over 100%, like 107 or so, but if I start recording/streaming with OBS it jumps to 170% and more. :confused:

Oh, and I had BBCODES disabled :-)
Hm, I'm not sure then. The UsageMonitor plugin is pulling directly from the Windows performance counters database. DWM tends to get double-counted because Windows excludes it in it's own reporting, so you have to exclude it too or else your numbers will be thrown off. But I don't know the answer to your OBS issue, I've seen numerous posts about weird behavior from this app, so I'm out of ideas. :confused: Sorry I couldn't help.
roughnecks

Post by roughnecks »

No problems, thanks anyway. Maybe someone else can chime in.. :thumbup:
roughnecks

Post by roughnecks »

@SilverAzide:

I changed plugin and am now using HWiNFO; when just playing I have 80% GPU usage, while also recording I have 85%.. So far so good.