It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:02 am

Skin Help: Placing Bar Meter over Image Meter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ProfessorCryogen

Skin Help: Placing Bar Meter over Image Meter

Post by ProfessorCryogen »

Good day.

I am very new to Rainmeter and editing an existing skin (Lines3) to match my wallpaper. I tried just changing the RGB values of bars but got inconsistent results as shown below.
Screenshot 2021-08-26 164450.png
I'd like to make the "Phase of Sol" element resemble the "Futurescape Power" and "Warsat Network" element, as per the static brown bar not showing through the dynamic yellow bar.

Attached below is the code that makes the "Phase of Sol" asset. I thank all who read this in advance.
timehor.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin Help: Placing Bar Meter over Image Meter

Post by SilverAzide »

ProfessorCryogen wrote: August 26th, 2021, 3:48 pm Good day.

I am very new to Rainmeter and editing an existing skin (Lines3) to match my wallpaper. I tried just changing the RGB values of bars but got inconsistent results as shown below.

I'd like to make the "Phase of Sol" element resemble the "Futurescape Power" and "Warsat Network" element, as per the static brown bar not showing through the dynamic yellow bar.

Attached below is the code that makes the "Phase of Sol" asset. I thank all who read this in advance.
I didn't look too closely at this, but I did want to mention that Rainmeter processes the meters in the order they appear in the file. So if you want that yellow bar to be on top of the brown bar, the meter that displays the brown bar has to appear in your .ini file before the meter that displays the yellow bar. That way Rainmeter will draw the brown bar first, then the yellow bar on top of it.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

SilverAzide wrote: August 26th, 2021, 4:03 pm I didn't look too closely at this, but I did want to mention that Rainmeter processes the meters in the order they appear in the file. So if you want that yellow bar to be on top of the brown bar, the meter that displays the brown bar has to appear in your .ini file before the meter that displays the yellow bar. That way Rainmeter will draw the brown bar first, then the yellow bar on top of it.
There are several meters using one of two colors. #ColorBar# meters need to go after the #ColorBrown# meters.
Be sure to ctrlx then ctrlv so you do not end up with duplicate meters.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
ProfessorCryogen

Post by ProfessorCryogen »

SilverAzide wrote: August 26th, 2021, 4:03 pm I didn't look too closely at this, but I did want to mention that Rainmeter processes the meters in the order they appear in the file. So if you want that yellow bar to be on top of the brown bar, the meter that displays the brown bar has to appear in your .ini file before the meter that displays the yellow bar. That way Rainmeter will draw the brown bar first, then the yellow bar on top of it.
Hello again,

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I've moved the meters around accordingly and gotten the desired result. :D
Screenshot 2021-08-27 134655.png
I wish I just came to the forums sooner instead of fiddling around uselessly. Thanks once again. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

ProfessorCryogen wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:48 pm I wish I just came to the forums sooner instead of fiddling around uselessly.
But... that's how you learn ;)
- MuLab -