It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:53 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

dhmolson wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:56 am I downloaded it and it looks fine. Not as modern as ModernGadgets like you said but at least it doesn't crash Rainmeter. I do wish there were more customization options though. Any chance you could add the ability to only show overall CPU usage instead of showing the usage for every individual core on the CPU Meter skin?
No, but you can make this change yourself if you want. There are two approaches you can try: removing all core bars and removing all but one. The simplest is to remove all but one. The way to do this is to trick the CPU Meter into thinking you have a single core machine. However, the downside of this trick means you will not be able to properly monitor core temps or clock speeds. If you use HWiNFO, your temperature and clock speed will be for the first core only.

To do this, right-click the skin and select Edit skin. Find the measure [MeasureCPULogicalCores]. Change the Formula line to Formula=1. Next, find the meters [MeterBarCore1], [MeterPercentCore1], [MeterLineCore1] and change the MeasureName line to MeasureName=MeasureCPU.

The alternative is to just remove all the meters that show the bars (and not changing the core count). The skin height and positioning is calculated based on the number of cores, so you will need to change the formulas that reference the #TotalCores# variable (specifically #GridPosY#). This option is not too difficult and works better than the first option (the code to delete is all in one section). Most meters use relative positioning, so moving them should not affect the display in most cases.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadget in Windows 11

Post by SilverAzide »

philumax wrote: July 30th, 2021, 12:20 pm So far, it's working.
Thank you again, for this work.
See you.
This is great, thank you! :thumbup:
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Question : When I put the computer in sleep mode, does the All CPU Meter continue to function? I have observed that upon awake of the pc the meter shows that much activity has been going on. OR, does it display the activity just prior to the computer going to sleep? -thx
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: August 12th, 2021, 6:18 pm Question : When I put the computer in sleep mode, does the All CPU Meter continue to function? I have observed that upon awake of the pc the meter shows that much activity has been going on. OR, does it display the activity just prior to the computer going to sleep? -thx
I'm pretty sure (but not 100% sure) that Rainmeter (thus all skins) is basically paused when the machine is in sleep mode. So immediately on wake, I think what you are seeing in the graphs is what was taking place just before the machine went to sleep.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: August 12th, 2021, 7:14 pm I'm pretty sure (but not 100% sure) ...
-thx
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A major update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.0.0 - 2021-08-21
  • Corrected All CPU Meter regression issue where maximum fan speeds would not update.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) and non-uniform memory access (NUMA) architectures; now supports an unlimited number of CPUs or NUMA nodes.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support up to 64-core/128-thread processors (e.g., AMD EPYC, Threadripper PRO).
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to support hybrid processors (CPUs with both single-threaded and hyper-threaded cores; e.g., 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake).
  • Upgraded Calendar to LuaCalendar 6.0 with scaling enhancement by Eclectic-Tech. (Thanks ET!)
  • Corrected Weather Meter regression issue where skin would not properly snap on the right side when the scale factor was something other than 1.00.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to add Romanian translations. (Thanks Yincognito!)
  • Corrected Welcome gadget issue which did not display the Top Process Meter checkbox properly. (Thanks Yincognito!)
  • Enhanced ActiveNet plugin to add CpuLogicalCores to return the number of logical cores per CPU.
  • Enhanced ActiveNet plugin to add CpuLogicalCoreMap to return logical-to-physical core mapping.
  • Revised ActiveNet plugin to correct CpuThreadsPerCore for hybrid CPUs; this option is obsolete and should not be used.
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

Warning: LuaCalendar 5.0 event files (holidays) are not compatible with LuaCalendar 6.0.
Warning: After upgrading, you may need to re-select or reposition the Calendar or All CPU Meter.
Requires Rainmeter 4.4.0.3438 or later.

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Check this out...

All CPU Meter now automatically handles multi-processor (SMP) and NUMA architectures, no special configuration required, and no limit to the number of CPUs or nodes. Memory now is reported per CPU or NUMA node, when applicable. Also supports processors with up to 64 cores and 128 threads, as well as upcoming Intel hybrid processors (these CPUs have both single-threaded and hyperthreaded cores).

Here's an AMD Ryzen Threadripper (16 cores/32 threads), with 32 GB of RAM (total), running in NUMA mode:
CPUMeter700_NUMA.png
This machine is currently running a game on Node #1, while Node #0 is fairly idle. Nifty, eh? :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

i love the way you deal with colors. it makes it more fun. i came out of the time there was 486 machines. back then i know every thing. but these days i am total noob if it came with cpu and cores and threads.
baster1982

Post by baster1982 »

love your work ty!
little bug since end of last year "chronometer" show event countdown" stuck on 2021 and not update to 2022 O.O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

baster1982 wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 3:52 am love your work ty!
little bug since end of last year "chronometer" show event countdown" stuck on 2021 and not update to 2022 O.O
It's not really stuck. Since you upgraded, it kept all your settings. This event setting is controlled by you. To change it to 2022 (or anything you want), click the little wrench icon on the clock, and in the Settings, click "Configure chime and alarms...". On the Alarm Settings, change the Event Name and time to anything you want!

(If you install a fresh copy, it will be set to 1/1/2022. ;-) )