It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:32 pm

Rainmeter won't launch at all

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Texyrialed

Re: Rainmeter won't launch at all

Post by Texyrialed »

Hey mak_kawa,

I have ver 4.3.1 and the beta 4.4 installed at the moment. It's not launching again, and I still can't find the HardwareAcceleration
Texyrialed

Post by Texyrialed »

Balala and Alex88,

Thank you so much for the tip! I turned it on and when I restarted rainmeter it was working again!
I also found the skin that was causing the crashes. So I don't think there was something wrong with rainmeter itself, but the skin (Fountain of Colours).

Thank you everyone for helping me fix this crash :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Texyrialed wrote: August 19th, 2020, 11:14 pm I also found the skin that was causing the crashes. So I don't think there was something wrong with rainmeter itself, but the skin (Fountain of Colours).
Yes, in most cases a skin is guilty for this kind of issues.
Glad you found it.
saadms07_

Post by saadms07_ »

hey i do have a similar problem. i followed all the steps. changed from active=1 to active=0. but still rainmeter is not opening. i even tried to go to safe mode by holding ctrl to get the hardware acceleration thing which u guys said but nothing is happening. can someone help me asap ?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hmmm...
Do you see the Rainmeter icon in your notification area?
If you see the Rainmeter Icon, Rainmeter is running. Right-click that icon and click "Manage".
Click 'Open Log' and open the 'Version' tab. Click 'Copy to clipboard' and paste it here so we know what version you have.
rmversion.png
If you do not see the icon, or it disappears as soon as you move the mouse over it, then you have a skin that is crashing the program.
Note: If it crashes, you need the latest version to be able to start in 'Safe Mode' by holding 'Ctrl' when starting the program.
This will load the default illustro skins.
You can start loading other skins one-at-a-time, when the program crashes, you found your misbehaving skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saadms07_

Post by saadms07_ »

Rainmeter 4.4.0.3508 beta (64-bit)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

saadms07_ wrote: August 14th, 2021, 4:07 am hey i do have a similar problem. i followed all the steps. changed from active=1 to active=0. but still rainmeter is not opening. i even tried to go to safe mode by holding ctrl to get the hardware acceleration thing which u guys said but nothing is happening. can someone help me asap ?
The hardware acceleration has nothing to do with holding down CTRL when launching Rainmeter. If you can set on (or off) the hardware acceleration, Rainmeter is running. Also if you got the version of Rainmeter (as described above by eclectic-tech), also means Rainmeter is running.
So I suppose there is no skin loaded. If I am right, right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, go to Skins and in the opening submenu go to any config listed there and click any element in the submenu. The appropriate skin should open. Does it?
vinnytheface

Post by vinnytheface »

Alex88 wrote: August 18th, 2020, 7:36 am Another option is safe start mode, hold CTRL when launching Rain meter either from the Start Menu or File Explorer: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/#SafeStart, then this should pop up:
SafeStart.png

For hardware acceleration, can go into Manage Rainmeter, then Settings:
HardwareAcceleration.png
And it reminded me that I needed to turn on hardware acceleration for myself as well, was wondering why I had some peaks of higher temperatures.
[FontAwesome][/FontAwesome] :D :D :D

Alex88, you Legend! It worked straight away, after days of trying everything! THANK-YOU :D :D :D