It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:20 am

Rotational + scaling transformation matrix

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jax

Rotational + scaling transformation matrix

Post by Jax »

Hello! I am currently trying to create an animation by rotating an image around it's center. There is a guide from the docs, but it seems to use the rotator meter and the image size cannot be dynamically changed. Is there a way to do this with transformation matrix on a image meter? Thanks :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rotational + scaling transformation matrix

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yes, you can do this using an image meter (you can resize the image using W & H) and add a TransformationMatrix to the image meter.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=250
SkinWidth=((SQRT((#ImageWidth#**2)+(#ImageHeight#**2)))+(#XOffset#*0.5))
SkinHeight=((SQRT((#ImageWidth#**2)+(#ImageHeight#**2)))+(#YOffset#*0.5))

[Variables]
ImageWidth=160
ImageHeight=160
XOffset=40
YOffset=40
RotationCenterX=(#ImageWidth#*0.5+#XOffset#)
RotationCenterY=(#ImageHeight#*0.5+#YOffset#)
Angle=[loop1]

[Loop1]
Measure=Loop
StartValue=0
EndValue=345
Increment=15
LoopCount=0
InvertMeasure=0

[Image]
Meter=Image
X=#XOffset#
Y=#YOffset#
W=#ImageWidth#
H=#ImageHeight#
SolidColor=247,47,47,200
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
TransformationMatrix=(Cos(Rad(#Angle#)));(-Sin(Rad(#Angle#)));(Sin(Rad(#Angle#)));(Cos(Rad(#Angle#)));(#RotationCenterX#-#RotationCenterX#*Cos(Rad(#Angle#))-#RotationCenterY#*Sin(Rad(#Angle#)));(#RotationCenterY#+#RotationCenterX#*Sin(Rad(#Angle#))-#RotationCenterY#*Cos(Rad(#Angle#)))
rotateTM.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jax wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:45 am There is a guide from the docs, but it seems to use the rotator meter and the image size cannot be dynamically changed.
It can be, using the same TransformationMatrix. If eclectic-tech's solution doesn't meat your needs and you would like to see how such a TransformationMatrix can be used to resize a Rotator meter, please let me know.
Jax

Post by Jax »

Thanks eclectic-tech for your solution! This helped me out a lot :D

balala wrote: August 12th, 2021, 11:12 am It can be, using the same TransformationMatrix. If eclectic-tech's solution doesn't meat your needs and you would like to see how such a TransformationMatrix can be used to resize a Rotator meter, please let me know.
Rotator meter's flexibility for me is a bit low, so I won't be using that. Thanks for the offer though balala :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jax wrote: August 12th, 2021, 1:35 pm Rotator meter's flexibility for me is a bit low, so I won't be using that. Thanks for the offer though balala :great:
As you wish. You're welcome.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

eclectic-tech wrote: August 12th, 2021, 3:46 am
I am really a noob at tm.

So, isn't tm relative to meter position?
from the Realm of Death
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

death.crafter wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:58 am I am really a noob at tm.

So, isn't tm relative to meter position?
I'm no expert on TM either. but the answer to your question is 'yes', it is relative to 1 fixed point in the meter defined by Tx and Ty values. By default it is the upper left corner.
Have a look at these TM examples: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=29750&p=153848&hilit=scaling#p153841 they scale from the upper left corner or from the center point.

Correction: Balala is right, the TM is relative to 0,0 position in the SKIN (in configs with only 1 meter, that is the same point).
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

eclectic-tech wrote: August 28th, 2021, 1:54 pm I'm no expert on TM either. but the answer to your question is 'yes', it is relative to 1 fixed point in the meter defined by Tx and Ty values. By default it is the upper left corner.
Have a look at these TM examples: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=29750&p=153848&hilit=scaling#p153841 they scale from the upper left corner or from the center point.
Ack! I wish I would have seen that TM post 4 years ago! It should be pinned at the top of the forum, if not for the examples then for the Invader Zim reference.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:58 am So, isn't tm relative to meter position?
Actually not:
Every transformation you do will always be relative to the origin. That's the point with coordinates (0,0).
See the What the heck is Rainmeter doing?! section of the Transformation Matrix Guide.