It is currently April 18th, 2024, 10:50 pm

Custom [Strike]Skin[\Strike] Context Menu

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Custom [Strike]Skin[\Strike] Context Menu

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: August 9th, 2021, 10:12 pmNow it stays inside WORKAREA and you can have cool icons too.

Also it's more dynamic than ever.
I just tested it and it works as it should - good job! :great:
Out of curiosity, it stays on screen even if the main menu is extended, or just the submenus?

death.crafter wrote: August 10th, 2021, 5:25 am1. I can't do that. It will just make the formulas used more complex. I am happy as long as it stays inside the workarea lol. That alone gave me hell. I am not saying it's hard, just that I don't want to make it more complex as it is.

2. That's something cannot be done. If you leave the meter to use the submenu... poof. But it goes poof when you leave the submenu. And I don't want to show it on mouse over since I can't dismiss on mouse over. Also staying inside the workarea comes with a cost. :(

Nope, animation is not, but you can incorporate it if you want to. In the lua look for lines with: ContextOption'..i..'Background and do what you want to do there. P.S. the height of submenus are stored as SubcontextNHeight variable. You can use that for limits.
And I thought my native Rainmeter custom tooltips were a bit too complex - was trying to defend and emphasize the advantages of my approach with both jsmorley and balala at the time... :lol:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: August 10th, 2021, 10:13 am I just tested it and it works as it should - good job! :great:
Out of curiosity, it stays on screen even if the main menu is extended, or just the submenus?
Didn't get you? You can't extend main menu :confused:
Yincognito wrote: August 10th, 2021, 10:13 am
And I thought my native Rainmeter custom tooltips were a bit too complex - was trying to defend and emphasize the advantages of my approach with both jsmorley and balala at the time... :lol:
Lol
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: August 10th, 2021, 10:34 am Didn't get you? You can't extend main menu :confused:
Ah, ok. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth