It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:48 am

My First Skin Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My First Skin Help

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 4th, 2021, 4:56 pm I have some animations that I would like to 'slowdown'. From my research it appears that increasing the value of Update should accomplish this. Value began as 1000. I tried 5000, 10000, 50000, these values have no effect whatsoever. All images are NNNNN x 333 pixels. I am probably doing/knowing something wrong.

fwiw - I have individual ini (variant) files for each animation. It was getting too tedious to change (comment/uncomment) code for each animation and this works great (see? I am learning this stuff, slowly). Perhaps it is possible to control this with mod section/s of code or add some unique (animation-relative) code in each ini file?
:confused:
There are 2 ways of animating something in Rainmeter (assuming proper iteration and all that):
- overall skin update rate based animation
- ActionTimer wait time based animation
Your research only showed the solution for the 1st way, but your code uses the 2nd way, that's why nothing happened. So, to slow down your animations, simply increase the wait times in the ActionTimer measures' ActionListN options. Since all those wait times should be #Wait#-like variables, as per my implementation, all you have to do is increase the value of the corresponding (if you have more, that is) Wait variable from [Variables]. If was previously set to 25, increasing it to 50 will slow down things to half the previous speed. No change to the skin's Update value is needed in your case, so you can set it back to what it originally was. ;-)
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: August 4th, 2021, 10:40 pm ... all you have to do is increase the value ...
yes, that did it -thx!!!
:17good
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

The 2 items indicated display the same sub-menu. Can one or the other be removed?
Attachments
2021-08-04_155622.png
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 4th, 2021, 10:58 pm The 2 items indicated display the same sub-menu. Can one or the other be removed?
I know - I also wondered the same thing, in some of my skins. The answer is no, unfortunately. :(
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: August 4th, 2021, 11:03 pm I know - I also wondered the same thing, in some of my skins. The answer is no, unfortunately. :(
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

New idea :

On some skins mouse hover displays box of info. E.G., on Silverazide's All CPU skin when the mouse is over the Intel logo a box with cpu info appears. On this skin is it possible to mouse hover over font and have box appear with font name displayed?

-thx
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

MourningStar wrote: August 10th, 2021, 9:48 pm New idea :

On some skins mouse hover displays box of info. E.G., on Silverazide's All CPU skin when the mouse is over the Intel logo a box with cpu info appears. On this skin is it possible to mouse hover over font and have box appear with font name displayed?

-thx
In my personal opinion, it is redundant, unless
  • You are making a show case of fonts and have no other way of showing font name other than this
  • You are making a settings menu with text different than the font name
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

death.crafter wrote: August 10th, 2021, 10:18 pm ... no other way of showing font name other than this ...
I'll take door number one
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

MourningStar wrote: August 10th, 2021, 10:27 pm I'll take door number one
You are making a show case of fonts...
You missed the key :rofl:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 10th, 2021, 9:48 pm New idea :

-thx
Couldn't just say tooltip instead of box? I was thinking what freakin' sort of box is that, and had to install SilverAzide's suite just to find out it's a tooltip... :lol:

So, just add something like:

Code: Select all

ToolTipTitle=Font Information
ToolTipIcon=PathToSome\Icon.ico
ToolTipText=[FontFace]
to the meter you want the tooltip displayed on hover (probably [Temperature]).