Re: Simple countdown timer

Post by sl23 »

If you're sure? I got totally lost as to who did what tbh! O.O :lol:
- MuLab -
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 1:54 pm Excellent! :great: You can even put death.crafter first, if you like, since it's his version of the code you're using. :lol:
I think the credits should be listed alphabetically; that way no one feels more or less important... ;-)
Of course 'balala' will almost always be first... maybe I should change my handle to _eclectic-tech :sly:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry I forgot there was one icon used for the Chime.
Here's the latest package...
ClockTimer_2021.8.3.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

:lol: balala did let me use his skin initially and provided plenty of support, so only fair he comes first... this time :p
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 2:23 pm If you're sure? I got totally lost as to who did what tbh! O.O :lol:
LOL. In the end, we all did something, it was just a joke about the order or who did what. ;-)
eclectic-tech wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 2:43 pm I think the credits should be listed alphabetically; that way no one feels more or less important... ;-)
Of course 'balala' will almost always be first... maybe I should change my handle to _eclectic-tech :sly:
Believe it or not, I was actually going to place that idea above as well. :D For me it doesn't really matter, but it's true it all starts with balala... I will reserve my role of making formulas longer than they should be, in any code, though, and I want full credit for that - I bet even jsmorley would agree. :lol:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:32 pm I will reserve my role of making formulas longer than they should be, in any code, though, and I want full credit for that - I bet even jsmorley would agree. :lol:
Yincognito: The Author of Long Long Formulas
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 3:59 pm Yincognito: The Author of Long Long Formulas
I'm getting a syntax error for the above - you forgot a 3rd "Long", it should be The Author of Long Long Long Formulas. See, I just upgraded myself, now I can even make phrases longer... :sly:
...and I'm not even mentioning regexes. Oh well, those are long by default anyway, so nevermind. :D
P.S. Joking aside, it's amazing what a slightly longer formula can do. It actually saves you from writing code 10 times longer than that formula or the length difference compared to its previous version.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 2:44 pm Sorry I forgot there was one icon used for the Chime.
Here's the latest package...
ClockTimer_2021.8.3.rmskin
Okay, everything is throwing me off.

The hide/show patterns are irregular which makes things inaccessible. I don't know how to turn on or off the timer. Settings button just shows the action chooser buttons. When the timer starts, it shows 00:00 00 and then starts the count. :confused:

Does this work fine for you?
from the Realm of Death
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 4:12 pm I'm getting a syntax error for the above - you forgot a 3rd "Long", it should be The Author of Long Long Long Formulas. See, I just upgraded myself, now I can even make phrases longer... :sly:
...and I'm not even mentioning regexes. Oh well, those are long by default anyway, so nevermind. :D
P.S. Joking aside, it's amazing what a slightly longer formula can do. It actually saves you from writing code 10 times longer than that formula or the length difference compared to its previous version.
LMAO. True tho. It shortens the code. And sometimes they are the only option. If not, that's where I come in... :oops:
...making a big ass script for simple things, which you claim can be done in native Rainmeter. :rofl:
from the Realm of Death
sl23

Post by sl23 »

death.crafter wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 4:44 pm Okay, everything is throwing me off.

The hide/show patterns are irregular which makes things inaccessible. I don't know how to turn on or off the timer. Settings button just shows the action chooser buttons. When the timer starts, it shows 00:00 00 and then starts the count. :confused:

Does this work fine for you?
Yeah all seems ok here. Not sure what the issue is?
Edit: I see the problem. I'll work on it. But I think it's the sort of thing that needs a formula! :lol:
- MuLab -