It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:23 pm

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Mordasius

Re: Market Prices

Post by Mordasius »

Alternatively you could take a look at the "My Portfolio" skin which may be closer to doing what you want.
Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

@Mordasius
Hi there, I wrote a reply on DA and you asked me too reply here concerning adding more companies to the Financial Markets and My portfolio Value skins.

I'd like to add 4 more to each skin, I don't suppose there's a way that the skin would adapt to how many companies we add into the "Edit Markets" file?

I have tried editing the Hight and width, however, as you may guess, that doesn't work as the skin expands but adding more companies doesn't appear :? lol.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Alienmoon wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 9:11 am @Mordasius
Hi there, I wrote a reply on DA and you asked me too reply here concerning adding more companies to the Financial Markets and My portfolio Value skins.
Okay. I'm working on a version of MyPortfolio that shows the total value of your investments as well as the change for the day. I'll get on to your request soonish and post something here when I'm done.
Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

Mordasius wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 11:37 pm Okay. I'm working on a version of MyPortfolio that shows the total value of your investments as well as the change for the day. I'll get on to your request soonish and post something here when I'm done.
Thanks very much @Mordasius, It's a shame the old windows 7 widgets, or were they called Gadgets?, aren't available anymore, as I had hope to find one to fill the right hand side of my screen, somewhat like the windows 10 notification bar, as I don't use the notification bar in windows 10.

I don't suppose there's a Rainmaker skin that can do this that contains the markets at the top half and Portfolio in the bottom half? :sly:

Looking to add all my stocks you see, as at the moment we can only pick 8 markets.

Hoping the New Windows 11 widgets can do this.

again, Thank you.

P.S do you have a way to donate?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

@HackitZ - on MyPortfolio skin posted on DA wrote:
quick question, lets say i have 1 stock of apple. i bought it at 110.00, is there a way to have the skin show my gains losses based on what i paid?
Portfolio-draft-1.jpg
The screenshot above is a Portfolio skin that shows the gain/losses today and overall since you bought the stock. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for? Do you need today's gain loss or just the overall gain/loss?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Alienmoon wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:08 am ....It's a shame the old windows 7 widgets, or were they called Gadgets?, aren't available anymore, as I had hope to find one to fill the right hand side of my screen, somewhat like the windows 10 notification bar, as I don't use the notification bar in windows 10.

I don't suppose there's a Rainmaker skin that can do this that contains the markets at the top half and Portfolio in the bottom half? :sly:
I just occured to me that perhaps you should take a look at Gadgets Additions 4.3.1 by Dudebaker (https://www.deviantart.com/dudebaker/art/Gadgets-Additions-4-3-1-734942129 ). That has a Stocks skin which shows as a sidebar. It is very easy to config and add as many or as few stocks as you need.
Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

Mordasius wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 9:49 am Portfolio-draft-1.jpg

The screenshot above is a Portfolio skin that shows the gain/losses today and overall since you bought the stock. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for? Do you need today's gain loss or just the overall gain/loss?
Loving that skin with the invested, price, Todays gains and losses + overall gains losses, it perfect!

Is this a new skin you are working on? or is this already available for download?

if you release this version, will adding a larger portfolio be easy?

I'll have a look at those gadgets, though they don't look as appealing as rainmaker.

Thanks
Last edited by Alienmoon on August 5th, 2021, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Alienmoon wrote: August 4th, 2021, 8:25 am Is this a new skin you are working on? or is this already available for download?
if you release this version, will adding a larger portfolio be easy?
It is a conversion of a skin I've been using with FT data for years. I'm just going to make it easier to change the number of stocks being tracked as I doubt very few people have exactly eight. I'll post it here and on DA when I'm done.
Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

Mordasius wrote: August 5th, 2021, 1:15 am It is a conversion of a skin I've been using with FT data for years. I'm just going to make it easier to change the number of stocks being tracked as I doubt very few people have exactly eight. I'll post it here and on DA when I'm done.
:D Awesome news mate, the invested, price, todays gains and losses + overall gains losses are what I've been looking for and I guess people will have a varied number of stocks, mine for example as been increasing during the lockdown and and still growing, I'm currently reaching 22, nothing big mind you, mainly start ups and renewables.

again, thank you :thumbup:
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

MyPortfolio-2.jpg
Alienmoon wrote: August 4th, 2021, 8:25 am is this already available for download? will adding a larger portfolio be easy?
You can add as many stocks as you want by changing the 'NumberOfStocks' variable in the same place as you enter the symbols, prices and holdings. You are only limited by the height of your display.

I've attached an .rmskin of the latest version below. You can also find it posted on Deviant Art
MyPortfolioValue_111121.rmskin
(20.62 KiB) Downloaded 1309 times
Last edited by Mordasius on November 24th, 2021, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.