It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 1:35 pm

Help.something has changed & not sure what!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Don27988

Help.something has changed & not sure what!

Post by Don27988 »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help me figure this out.basically i use the gamehub launcher 2 to open up gamehub with a controller or with keyboard using ctr+g.now usually I can turn on my pc and use either of those to bring it up.problem is now for about a week or two I have to click my mouse button on the desktop first for it to work.I have tried rolling back a couple of rainmeter versions but the issue still persists.any help would be appreciated.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help.something has changed & not sure what!

Post by jsmorley »

Don27988 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 11:10 am Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help me figure this out.basically i use the gamehub launcher 2 to open up gamehub with a controller or with keyboard using ctr+g.now usually I can turn on my pc and use either of those to bring it up.problem is now for about a week or two I have to click my mouse button on the desktop first for it to work.I have tried rolling back a couple of rainmeter versions but the issue still persists.any help would be appreciated.
Seems to me most likely you have some process, maybe something new you installed, that is now getting the initial focus when Windows first starts, and it is intercepting the CTRL-G keyboard sequence.

You might be able to figure this out by running this skin:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=28305&hilit=isfullscreen#p147499

And seeing what it says has focus when Windows first starts and before you touch anything.
Don27988

Post by Don27988 »

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

I haven’t installed anything new recently apart from windows updates etc so I wouldn’t be suprised if something there broke something.I have tried the plug-in you recommended and rebooted.

So after reboot before I click the mouse or anything it just says “Desktop”.it doesn’t say fullscreen or in focus or anything like that.that’s when I can’t bring up my gamehub.As soon as I click the mouse it changes to “Explorer.EXE Full screen and has focus”.And This is when I can now use my keyboard or controller to bring game hub up.

EDIT: after some further observations it seems razer central/cortex was the culprit after monitoring the plug-in you recommended further and a couple reboots later!thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it 🙏🏼
Last edited by Don27988 on August 1st, 2021, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Don27988 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 3:46 pm Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

I haven’t installed anything new recently apart from windows updates etc so I wouldn’t be suprised if something there broke something.I have tried the plug-in you recommended and rebooted.

So after reboot before I click the mouse or anything it just says “Desktop”.it doesn’t say fullscreen or in focus or anything like that.that’s when I can’t bring up my gamehub.As soon as I click the mouse it changes to “Explorer.EXE Full screen and has focus”.And This is when I can now use my keyboard or controller to bring game hub up.
That's kinda strange. I don't know why explorer.exe would ever be running in full screen mode. For me at least, the only time it resolves to explorer.exe is when I click on the taskbar, or when I'm in an actual explorer / file manager window. And it's never full screen.

Not really sure where to point you from here, sorry. Maybe someone else has run into this before.
Don27988

Post by Don27988 »

After some further monitoring of the plug-in you recommended and a couple reboots later I found the culprit thanks to you!The culprit was razer central/cortex,I stopped that from starting at startup and all is good now.I will probably just uninstall it.either way you fixed my issue!thank you very much,I really do appreciate it 🙏🏼
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Don27988 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 3:46 pmEDIT: after some further observations it seems razer central/cortex was the culprit after monitoring the plug-in you recommended further and a couple reboots later!thank you very much for your help I really appreciate it 🙏🏼
Razer Cortex: Game Booster improves your PC performance by managing and killing processes and apps you don't need while gaming
Personally I wouldn't want an application, no matter how much reputation it has, to do things behind my back... :confused:
When I install something, I always uncheck the "dead weight" (read: bloatware) from the package, even when doing it for drivers.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Don27988

Post by Don27988 »

Yeah I have got rid of that rubbish now.cant see any FPS difference without it.staying away from that from now on lol.thanks!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Don27988 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 4:50 pm Yeah I have got rid of that rubbish now.cant see any FPS difference without it.staying away from that from now on lol.thanks!
Excellent! Most of these additional "tools" are just marketing attempts to emphasize the utility / productivity of the main application anyway. There are some exceptions, of course, but as far as I know they're quire rare.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth