It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:26 pm

I'm having an !UpdateMeter Bang issue ....

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I'm having an !UpdateMeter Bang issue ....

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm This is good advice and I did initiate the UTF-16 LE using Notepad++, which brings up - when using a right-click on text line in Notepad++ while in a .inc file you get { ??? } for toggle single line comment, while in a .ini file to toggle off you use the semi-colon ; - that's why I use those, Notepad++ suggest it so, so I do it that way. :)
In Notepad++ the UTF-16 LE encoding is named UCS-2 LE BOM and is available in the Encoding menu.
Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 5:20 pm Now I need to self-teach me how to get the removable drive.ini to refresh after entering the drive letter. :)
Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm Do you know where I need to go in the documentation section to find how I can refresh the removable drive.ini after the drive letter is entered into the textbox? :) TY
It (in fact both, the RDD Test\Removable Disk\Removable Disk.ini and the RDD Test\Settings\Settings.ini) is (are) refreshed in such a case. This is caused by the [!Refresh *] bang of the Command1 option of the [MeasureInput1] measure.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

balala wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:10 pm In Notepad++ the UTF-16 LE encoding is named UCS-2 LE BOM and is available in the Encoding menu.

It (in fact both, the RDD Test\Removable Disk\Removable Disk.ini and the RDD Test\Settings\Settings.ini) is (are) refreshed in such a case. This is caused by the [!Refresh *] bang of the Command1 option of the [MeasureInput1] measure.
The RDD Test skin is only part of the entire Star Trek skin. I only wanted the Settings Window to refresh (which I have now, TY electic-tech) and now I'd like to get the Removable Drive.ini to refresh with the Settings Window. Using [!Refresh *] updates the entire Star Trek skin, that's what I want to avoid.
(I'm on a learning curve here, but I'll figure it out eventually.)

I'm thinking at this point it could be a GroupSkin bang or a config skin refresh something or the other ...

Or it's not possible at all! :) -
Someone said, "Your thinking too much, so I thought more."
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:29 pm Using [!Refresh *] updates the entire Star Trek skin, that's what I want to avoid.
No, in fact this refreshes all activated skins.
Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:29 pm The RDD Test skin is only part of the entire Star Trek skin. I only wanted the Settings Window to refresh (which I have now, TY electic-tech) and now I'd like to get the Removable Drive.ini to refresh with the Settings Window.
You can add the Config parameter to the !Refresh bang, in which case only the skin belonging to the named config will be refreshed.
A fairly common mistake here is what you add as Config. For instance in this case you should add this: [!Refresh "RDD Test\Removable Disk"]. No need to add the name of the .ini file (don't add [!Refresh "RDD Test\Removable Disk\Removable Disk.ini"]). note instead the quotes, which in this case are absolutely needed, because the name of the config contains a space. Without the quotes, the bang doesn't work.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm This is good advice and I did initiate the UTF-16 LE using Notepad++, which brings up - when using a right-click on text line in Notepad++ while in a .inc file you get { ??? } for toggle single line comment, while in a .ini file to toggle off you use the semi-colon ; - that's why I use those, Notepad++ suggest it so, so I do it that way. :)
I use CTRL + Q to toggle line comments. It works with selections as well - very easy to do.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

Yincognito wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:46 pm I use CTRL + Q to toggle line comments. It works with selections as well - very easy to do.
That's cool, I'll do that, TY :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:28 pm That's cool, I'll do that, TY :)
I believe they work properly if you also have RainLexer installed (if you don't already, that is), so that the file is detected as a "Rainmeter skin file" and the syntax is properly colored:
RainLexer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

balala wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:45 pm No, in fact this refreshes all activated skins.

You can add the Config parameter to the !Refresh bang, in which case only the skin belonging to the named config will be refreshed.
A fairly common mistake here is what you add as Config. For instance in this case you should add this: [!Refresh "RDD Test\Removable Disk"]. No need to add the name of the .ini file (don't add [!Refresh "RDD Test\Removable Disk\Removable Disk.ini"]). note instead the quotes, which in this case are absolutely needed, because the name of the config contains a space. Without the quotes, the bang doesn't work.
That doesn't work. Here's how I added it:

Code: Select all

Command1=[!SetVariable RDD1 "$UserInput$"][!WriteKeyValue Variables RDD1 "[MeasureInput1]" "#@#ST-TNG-E\Inks\ST-TNG-E.inc"][!Refresh "RDD Test\Removable Disk\Removable Disk"][!Refresh]
I'll get back to ya. :)
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

Yincognito wrote: July 29th, 2021, 9:38 pm I believe they work properly if you also have RainLexer installed (if you don't already, that is), so that the file is detected as a "Rainmeter skin file" and the syntax is properly colored:
RainLexer.jpg
... again, cool. I'm gonna try that even though I adjusted to what Notepad++ themes gave me after all these years :) TY :)

Wow I did just try it, didn't like it so I went back to blackboard theme. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:11 pm ... again, cool. I'm gonna try that even though I adjusted to what Notepad++ themes gave me after all these years :) TY :)

Wow I did just try it, didn't like it so I went back to blackboard theme. :)
LOL, ok, but I wasn't talking about the theme, but about syntax highlighting when you open an INI file and how that helps in commenting lines using CTRL + Q (since Notepad++ adjusts the comment mark to the "programming language" and all). Anyway, you do as you wish. :confused:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: July 29th, 2021, 11:00 pm commenting lines using CTRL + Q
Damn, this is something new for me. Thanks.