It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:28 pm

Simple countdown timer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Simple countdown timer

Post by death.crafter »

sl23 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:26 pm Made some changes, cleaned it up a little:
I suppose it's not complete yet, because the values are set and not written, and the roundline always corresponds to 10 mins starting value. If you set 4 mins, it will show like 6 mins have passed.

Apart form these things, the skin is pretty good. I would have liked to scroll(if not input text) instead of clicking the buttons.

And the changing the seconds button changes the minutes too. Which is not expected, but it's for personal use, so I guess it's okay.

Good work tbh.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:43 pm and the roundline always corresponds to 10 mins starting value. If you set 4 mins, it will show like 6 mins have passed.
Yep, this is something I also dislike. Not a fortunate approach, in my opinion.
death.crafter wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:43 pm Apart form these things, the skin is pretty good. I would have liked to scroll(if not input text) instead of clicking the buttons.
This can easily be done, through MouseScrollDownAction and MouseScrollUpAction options. If you or sl23 don't know how to do it, please let me know for assistance.
death.crafter wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:43 pm And the changing the seconds button changes the minutes too. Which is not expected, but it's for personal use, so I guess it's okay.
In my opinion, this is a very good approach.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 29th, 2021, 7:53 pmIn my opinion, this is a very good approach.
I agree 100% - scrolling would make this much easier though, instead of clicking thousands of times on those little buttons. Or, he could leave the buttons do what they do for fine adjustment, and use scrolling for quicker / gross adjustments. Since we're at it, although not absolutely needed here, he could control the scroll amount using powers of 10, though it might need some adjustments in this case due to minutes being 60 and not 100 seconds, hours being 60 and not 100 minutes, and so on.

Also, after clicking on Set, I can't Reset anymore...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

MouseScrollActions were one of my todo's, but at this point, I would like to concentrate on the RoundBar showing correctly depending what the timer is actually set to regardless of the default. Is that doable?
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Yincognito wrote: July 29th, 2021, 8:23 pm Also, after clicking on Set, I can't Reset anymore...
Reset now appears only after clicking stop the first time. Or once the counter reaches zero. It doesn't need to be shown !OnRefresh
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 8:39 pm Reset now appears only after clicking stop the first time. Or once the counter reaches zero. It doesn't need to be shown !OnRefresh
If you say so... :confused:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Do you disagree? :???:
I just thought that when the skin was refreshed, the timer is at it's default so why would you need to reset it?

If you click Set, then OK, reset shows up again too. :D
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 8:49 pm Do you disagree? :???:
I just thought that when the skin was refreshed, the timer is at it's default so why would you need to reset it?

If you click Set, then OK, reset shows up again too. :D
Ah, you're right - it makes no sense to reset once you've already set it, indeed. I was just being caught up in the "this button is not working" idea, LOL. It was actually working (e.g. resetting after being set then OK), but I don't know why I expected the timer to change... :???:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

:rolmfao:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 8:59 pm:rolmfao:
Yeah, I was like "why the heck isn't the timer set to 0 - something is wrong here", LMAO. I have my "drunk" moments too, it seems - better let balala handle this, because those cute little buttons of yours seriously messed up with my mind, hahaha!