It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:50 am

Rainmeter will not run on startup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
cyborgcey9759

Rainmeter will not run on startup

Post by cyborgcey9759 »

I get no error or warning and I have reinstalled rainmeter several times but it will not load on startup, I even tried the beta version.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter will not run on startup

Post by jsmorley »

I suspect you have some issue with your account in Windows not having the appropriate permissions. What you might try:

1.jpg
cyborgcey9759

Post by cyborgcey9759 »

Already tried that didn't make any difference.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi cyborgcey9759

Is the Rainmeter launch icon in C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cyborgcey9759 wrote: March 26th, 2020, 2:28 pm I get no error or warning and I have reinstalled rainmeter several times but it will not load on startup, I even tried the beta version.
What Windows version are you using? If Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Startup and check there is you have a Rainmeter desktop customization tool and if it is set active. I suppose it is not.
Some details here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026268/windows-10-change-startup-apps
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: March 27th, 2020, 9:29 am What Windows version are you using? If Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Apps > Startup and check there is you have a Rainmeter desktop customization tool and if it is set active. I suppose it is not.
Some details here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026268/windows-10-change-startup-apps
This.

I had to do this exact thing but in reverse to stop rainmeter from loading on startup. Weird that I noticed this thread.

I hope the OP sees this and it helps.
jhsl

Post by jhsl »

It's not even showing in there for me?

Latest stable build W10,

the latest beta build of RM
(or think so, auto-update doesn't seem to work so have to manually update/check via winget)

TY.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jhsl wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:32 pm It's not even showing in there for me?

Latest stable build W10,

the latest beta build of RM
(or think so, auto-update doesn't seem to work so have to manually update/check via winget)

TY.
Install Rainmeter manually by downloading the beta installer and running it. Be sure "Launch Rainmeter on startup" is "checked".

WinGet will "obey" the current setting for this value when it installs Rainmeter, so if that value is "unchecked", it will stay "unchecked".
jhsl

Post by jhsl »

I did originally, I recently updated to the latest build via winget. But ok, will do that again over the top.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jhsl wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:38 pm I did originally, I recently updated to the latest build via winget. But ok, will do that again over the top.
We had one beta where the default for /AUTOSTART was sorta broken. It should work as expected as of the r3508 beta.

Going forward, it should be fine to just use WinGet install "Rainmeter (beta)" from the command line.

We have not yet done a 4.4 "final" version, but once we do, you will get a notification from Rainmeter and can just use:

WinGet install "Rainmeter (final)" to get the final release 4.4 version.

As of this writing, there is NO "auto update" feature in Rainmeter.