It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:07 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by jsmorley »

ebguri wrote: July 28th, 2021, 11:28 pm Greetings,
I have been trying to edit the HWiNFO ID settings, but i ran into some trouble : i have no access to the update button, as the window is cut on its right, and I can't change its size or the like.

1.jpg
ebguri

Post by ebguri »

Thank you for that swift reply !
dhmolson

Post by dhmolson »

jsmorley wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:53 pm Since presumably HWiNFO is running without crashing, the issue must be something with the skin itself. This is likely some conflict with his system and the HWiNFO plugin.

The good news is that you don't really need the plugin anymore.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/
This would indeed be good news, except the GpuMeter ModernGadgets skin requires shared memory support to be turned on in order for the GpuMeter skin to function and the tutorial you linked says to keep shared memory support off. If shared memory support is turned off, the skin displays an error message. Here is a link to the HWiNFO configuration tutorial for ModernGadgets: https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/wiki/HWiNFO-Configuration
Is there a way around this?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dhmolson wrote: July 29th, 2021, 1:16 am This would indeed be good news, except the GpuMeter ModernGadgets skin requires shared memory support to be turned on in order for the GpuMeter skin to function and the tutorial you linked says to keep shared memory support off. If shared memory support is turned off, the skin displays an error message. Here is a link to the HWiNFO configuration tutorial for ModernGadgets: https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/wiki/HWiNFO-Configuration
Is there a way around this?
No, ModernGadgets 1.7.0 requires the shared memory option. Raiguard has not updated his suite to use the newer non-shared memory option of HWiNFO 7.x. So, you need either HWiNFO 6.42 or HWiNFO Pro 7.x. 6.42 is still available and still free.
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

So, randomly I have a few issues just start. I no longer get anything in the process meter and the disk meter has gone wonky. Disks say they are at 100% usage while at the same time have no reads/writes. And when the drives are doing things, it is not displayed or graphed. Any thoughts?
dhmolson

Post by dhmolson »

SilverAzide wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:12 am No, ModernGadgets 1.7.0 requires the shared memory option. Raiguard has not updated his suite to use the newer non-shared memory option of HWiNFO 7.x. So, you need either HWiNFO 6.42 or HWiNFO Pro 7.x. 6.42 is still available and still free.
Bummer. I have the pro version but it sounds like using shared memory support is what keeps causing rainmeter to crash for me. It sounds like I'll have to either deal with constant crashes or use a different skin until Raiguard updates his suite. :thumbdown:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

prophet4NO1 wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:27 am Any thoughts?
Yes... your Performance Counters database is corrupted. See the instructions on PerfMon Troubleshooting on Raiguard's wiki.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dhmolson wrote: July 29th, 2021, 2:31 am Bummer. I have the pro version but it sounds like using shared memory support is what keeps causing rainmeter to crash for me. It sounds like I'll have to either deal with constant crashes or use a different skin until Raiguard updates his suite. :thumbdown:
Well, I don't really like to promote my own stuff on Raiguard's thread, but try the Gadgets if you want while you are waiting. Raiguard used these as the basis for his suite, so they are similar skins. I've updated the suite to use HWiNFO 7.x. You can make it look a little more "moderny", but it won't be quite as modern as ModernGadgets.
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

SilverAzide wrote: July 29th, 2021, 3:01 am Yes... your Performance Counters database is corrupted. See the instructions on PerfMon Troubleshooting on Raiguard's wiki.
Thanks! Got it fixed. Any idea what causes this to happen?
dhmolson

Post by dhmolson »

SilverAzide wrote: July 29th, 2021, 3:06 am Well, I don't really like to promote my own stuff on Raiguard's thread, but try the Gadgets if you want while you are waiting. Raiguard used these as the basis for his suite, so they are similar skins. I've updated the suite to use HWiNFO 7.x. You can make it look a little more "moderny", but it won't be quite as modern as ModernGadgets.
I downloaded it and it looks fine. Not as modern as ModernGadgets like you said but at least it doesn't crash Rainmeter. I do wish there were more customization options though. Any chance you could add the ability to only show overall CPU usage instead of showing the usage for every individual core on the CPU Meter skin?