It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:26 am

UserName Skin code help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ufo774

UserName Skin code help

Post by ufo774 »

Hi Guys,

I work in a IT Organization and everyday I work with Remote Desktops. Everyday when I try to login to remote desktop I see people will be logged in already.

Using Rainmeter resources, I was able to create a skin which was capable working at local but not remote desktop.

I have the query and result.

C:\Users\ABCDEFG>query user /server:WKST0000ABCD.Domain.com
USERNAME SESSIONNAME ID STATE IDLE TIME LOGON TIME
ABCDEFG rdp-tcp#115 4 Active 3 7/27/2021 12:16 AM

So I want a Rainmeter Skin which will display user name who logged in in remote desktop

Thanks,
Rainmeter User
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: UserName Skin code help

Post by SilverAzide »

ufo774 wrote: July 28th, 2021, 4:32 am Hi Guys,

I work in a IT Organization and everyday I work with Remote Desktops. Everyday when I try to login to remote desktop I see people will be logged in already.

Using Rainmeter resources, I was able to create a skin which was capable working at local but not remote desktop.

I have the query and result.

C:\Users\ABCDEFG>query user /server:WKST0000ABCD.Domain.com
USERNAME SESSIONNAME ID STATE IDLE TIME LOGON TIME
ABCDEFG rdp-tcp#115 4 Active 3 7/27/2021 12:16 AM

So I want a Rainmeter Skin which will display user name who logged in in remote desktop

Thanks,
Rainmeter User
If you have it working locally, why can't it work on a remote machine? The only difference is the command-line parameters.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
ufo774

Post by ufo774 »

SilverAzide wrote: July 28th, 2021, 2:49 pm If you have it working locally, why can't it work on a remote machine? The only difference is the command-line parameters.
for local
I have used existing resources(Rainmeter>>Plugin>>SysInfo>>Username) and for remote machine there are no resources, I'm new to this.
I have no coding background. if you don't mind, Can you put Rainmeter skin code in reply?
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

If you want to run Rainmeter in a RDP session you would need to use a portable version. unless you are logging onto the console as an admin account, even then I would still run a portable version. RDP does not play well with Rainmeter installs. Even then you would be limited to local session info.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ufo774 wrote: August 16th, 2021, 1:29 pm for local
I have used existing resources(Rainmeter>>Plugin>>SysInfo>>Username) and for remote machine there are no resources, I'm new to this.
I have no coding background. if you don't mind, Can you put Rainmeter skin code in reply?
Oh, I see. You did not make that clear in your original post. I assumed that since you knew the command-line to query the remote machine, you would use it.

What you need is the RunCommand plugin. You can then execute the query user command to get the values from the remote machine. The docs have an example on how to do this. Just be aware that this command can return multiple users, so you need to be prepared to handle this case.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...