It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:34 am

Simple countdown timer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sl23

Re: Simple countdown timer

Post by sl23 »

Ooh, ok, I'll take a look at the mirage skin. Thank you for your generosity in allowing me to use and abuse it :thumbup: :lol:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:06 pm In fact I updated it, including its next version into Mirage (see my above reply).
I meant, in that exact form, from a visual POV. If I'm not mistaken, your similar / updated equivalent from Mirage looks slightly different. I just liked those mini-timers the way they were designed back then. 8-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:21 pm Ooh, ok, I'll take a look at the mirage skin. Thank you for your generosity in allowing me to use and abuse it :thumbup: :lol:
No, you're not abusing at all. Just let me know if you have any question / request for help with any of my works.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:30 pm I meant, in that exact form, from a visual POV. If I'm not mistaken, your similar / updated equivalent from Mirage looks slightly different. I just liked those mini-timers the way they were designed back then. 8-)
Yeah, I got the background from the old Windows 7 gadgets, which I suppose / hope you're remembering.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:33 pm Yeah, I got the background from the old Windows 7 gadgets, which I suppose / hope you're remembering.
Yes, indeed. There is a certain charm to that kind of background, that's true. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:42 pm Yes, indeed. There is a certain charm to that kind of background, that's true. ;-)
:thumbup:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

After playing a little with the mirage timer, I find the older one is working more how I'd like. ie, pausing the timer doesn't seem to work in mirage, but that older 'gadget' style one works just fine.

Weren't hiding/showing meter groups available back then? Perhaps that may reduce the code a little?

I'm currently going through that code just renaming meters to suit my style so as to easily identify things. Just so i can see what's going, how things are working. Don't worry, I'm using my editors replace all function then saving and checking the skin after each edit.

Thanks for the offer balala :D
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:21 pm After playing a little with the mirage timer, I find the older one is working more how I'd like. ie, pausing the timer doesn't seem to work in mirage, but that older 'gadget' style one works just fine.
If you're talking about the Timer skin and the Timer tab of the appropriate skin of Mirage, then yes, this is a difference.
sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:21 pm Weren't hiding/showing meter groups available back then? Perhaps that may reduce the code a little?
I suppose were not, however I'm not sure at all. But if you want you can edit the code and add this feature.
sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:21 pm I'm currently going through that code just renaming meters to suit my style so as to easily identify things. Just so i can see what's going, how things are working. Don't worry, I'm using my editors replace all function then saving and checking the skin after each edit.
Alright, this is the best way to:
  • Make the code easier to understand and work with.
  • Learn a lot of things.
So feel free to alter it as you want, just keep in mind that if you have any further question, post the rewritten code, because after you're altering it we don't have anymore the same code.
sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:21 pm Thanks for the offer balala :D
Not sure which offer are you talking about, but you1re welcome.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

balala wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:28 pmNot sure which offer are you talking about, but you1re welcome.
Your offer to help with this skin :D

My first question is what do these do:

Code: Select all

ShowTimer=[!ShowMeter TimerDisplay1][!ShowMeter TimerDisplay2][!ShowMeter TimerDisplay3][!ShowMeter TimerDisplay4]
I couldn't find any reference to them in the code. Are they obsolete?
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:17 pm Your offer to help with this skin :D
Ok, sorry...
sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:17 pm My first question is what do these do:

Code: Select all

ShowTimer=[!ShowMeter TimerDisplay1][!ShowMeter TimerDisplay2][!ShowMeter TimerDisplay3][!ShowMeter TimerDisplay4]
I couldn't find any reference to them in the code. Are they obsolete?
No, it's not. It is used into the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterSettingClose] meter, which is the OK button shown when the settings panel is open (it opens when you click the Set button in ht emain panel of the skin). I'm not sure anymore why have I added this as a variable and didn't add the appropriate bangs directly to the option, but the variable, as described, is used there.