It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:33 pm

Simple countdown timer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Simple countdown timer

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:59 pm Thanks, I may well take that route yet... :thumbup:
Feel free to do so.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thank you balala :thumbup:
- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 8:15 pm Thank you balala :thumbup:
Just let us know if you settle for balala's timer, so we won't work in vain. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sure thing. I have already taken a look at that but found it confusing to work with. But I'll try harder! :lol: :oops:

I did originally want an all Rainmeter coded timer and it pretty much does everything I want, so think I will use that. I would like to replace the + amd - buttons with mouse scroll, but I'll look at that before asking for help.

Thanks to everyone for your help and to balala again for allowing me to use that skin. :thumbup:
- MuLab -
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:01 am Sure thing. I have already taken a look at that but found it confusing to work with. But I'll try harder! :lol: :oops:

I did originally want an all Rainmeter coded timer and it pretty much does everything I want, so think I will use that. I would like to replace the + amd - buttons with mouse scroll, but I'll look at that before asking for help.

Thanks to everyone for your help and to balala again for allowing me to use that skin. :thumbup:
To be honest I'm not entirely sure right now which skin of mine are you using, because over time I worked and published many skins, but obviously I1m happy whenever people are using my skins. For more precise help please first post a link where have you got my skin. I definitely could help you to achieve exactly what you want.
Sorry if this sounds weird...
sl23

Post by sl23 »

No, no, that's fine. I'll post the link later as I'm at work now. Morning break so don't have much time. Not exactly sure where I got it. I think I did a search for countdown or timer on this forum.

It's an old skin I think. It has a countdown, stopwatch and er... another timer of some sort. But I'll find it later.
- MuLab -
sl23

Post by sl23 »

- MuLab -
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:21 pm Hi balala, I found the link -
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=13158
Very nice little skin - I like it, too bad balala didn't update it in this form...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:21 pm Hi balala, I found the link -
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=13158
Yeah, that's an extremely old skin, it has almost 9 years. But it can be used I think, even if there are a few thing which have to be taken into account:
  • The skin(s) (because the package contains three distinct skins, Timer, Countdown and Stopwatch) are still using the !Execute bang, even if the !Rainmeter... bang prefix is not used. As you probably know the !Execute bang has been deprecated long time ago.
  • The config contains all needed files. No @Resources folder for the included resource files, because at the moment the skin has been written this feature has not been added to Rainmeter yet.
  • To execute the set up action (shutdown, sleep or whatever), the skin uses the NirCmd utility, which in meantime proved to be tricky. When scanning the config with antivirus softwares (including VirusTotal for instance), NirCmd is sometimes reported as infected, even if it is not. Probably this is caused by false positive, but the fact that a report is encountered, makes it suspicios.
Note that my Mirage suite (yes, you're not mistaken, this is a self promotion!) includes a skin called Timer, which contains into one single skin all three above functions, plus a Data traffic section. The skin same way as the above Timer, Countdown and Stopwatch can shutdown, sleep, hibernate, logoff or restart the computer and additionally can turn off the monitor or can play a sound (snooze). All these are done without using an utility like NirCmd, which I thinkk is a gread advantage. Additionally the newly added Data traffic can be used to execute one of the same actions when the internet traffic decreases below a previously set limit. Newer I mostly use this feature, to let the computer to download a large file, then stop / sleep / whatever when the download ends. Recommend this skin instead of the above one, found by you (Timer, Countdown and Stopwatch). But finally use anyone of them and let me know if you want me to help you with anything related to any of them.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:54 pm Very nice little skin - I like it, too bad balala didn't update it in this form...
In fact I updated it, including its next version into Mirage (see my above reply).