It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:00 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:09 pm It probably is, but what should be taken into account is that both the !Rainmeter... bang prefix and the !Execute bang have been deprecated long time ago and shouldn't be used. However note that this for sure doesn't prevent the skins to work. And additionally it is recommended to replace the old IfActions with the newer IfConditions. Something like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureBlack]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(((( MeasureTime + MeasureZone ) < MeasureSunR ) || (( MeasureTime + MeasureZone ) > ( MeasureSunS + 13 +1 ))) ? 1 : (-1))
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>=0)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter "Black"][!HideMeter "Blue"][!ShowMeter "BlackDeco"][!HideMeter "BlueDeco"][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeter "Black"][!ShowMeter "Blue"][!HideMeter "BlackDeco"][!ShowMeter "BlueDeco"][!Redraw]
Let me answer this one, please, because it's not correct. Also, for an eternal beginner with Rainmeter, those syntax differences you want him to do will confuse him more. I'm trying my best to not let him transform this skin too into a mess, bear with me. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:22 pm Let me answer this one, please, because it's not correct. Also, for an eternal beginner with Rainmeter, those syntax differences you want him to do will confuse him more. I'm trying my best to not let him transform this skin too into a mess, bear with me. ;-)
What is not correct? Did I make a mistake? However I agree with you related to syntax differences.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:14 pm I hope i make this time right.

The folder that you wanted.
In meantime I figured out I have old backups of my Documents folder, which are including the SideBar, as we have it back on 02/08/2020. I just recovered it and it seems the skin is working, including the weather section. Although there are errors in log, the skin is working. I'm attaching it, please MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SIDEBAR (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! - for instance rename the old SideBar folder to SideBar-OLD, or whatever else), copy the content of the attached package into your Skins folder, refresh all, then try out what you get.
Does it working? If it is and you like what you got, we have to take a look to the mentioned error messages.
So this is the recovered package: https://www.filefactory.com/file/4o9j9qjlkbby/SideBar.zip
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmThe image name is now : Full Moon+.png
Yes, but like I said, you should change the Full.png to Full Moon.png as well, not just the one that ends with +.
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmIs that correct ?
No. All those measures that I mentioned should look like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureBlack]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunS)) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Black][!RainmeterHideMeter Blue][!RainmeterShowMeter BlackDeco][!RainmeterHideMeter BlueDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Black][!RainmeterShowMeter Blue][!RainmeterHideMeter BlackDeco][!RainmeterShowMeter BlueDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MeasureOrange]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) = MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) = (MeasureSunS)) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Orange][!RainmeterShowMeter OrangeDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Orange][!RainmeterHideMeter OrangeDeco][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MeasureOrange2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunS))) || ((MeasureIconDef = 29) || (MeasureIconDef = 30) || (MeasureIconDef = 31) || (MeasureIconDef = 32) || (MeasureIconDef = 33) || (MeasureIconDef = 34) || (MeasureIconDef = 36) || (MeasureIconDef = 37) || (MeasureIconDef = 39) || (MeasureIconDef = 44)) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Orange2][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Orange2][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MeasureEtoiles]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunS))) && ((MeasureIconDef = 27) || (MeasureIconDef = 29) || (MeasureIconDef = 31) || (MeasureIconDef = 33) || (MeasureIconDef = 34) || (MeasureIconDef = 45) || (MeasureIconDef = 46) || (MeasureIconDef = 47)) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Etoiles][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Etoiles][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MeasureMoon]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < MeasureSunR) || ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunS))) && ((MeasureIconDef=31) || (MeasureIconDef=32) || (MeasureIconDef=33) || (MeasureIconDef=34) || (MeasureIconDef=36)) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Moon][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Moon][!RainmeterRedraw]

[MeasureSun]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) > (MeasureSunR - 1)) && ((MeasureTime + MeasureZone) < (MeasureSunS + 1))) && ((MeasureIconDef=31) || (MeasureIconDef=32) || (MeasureIconDef=33) || (MeasureIconDef=34) || (MeasureIconDef=36)) ? (1) : (-1)
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Sun][!RainmeterRedraw]
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Sun][!RainmeterRedraw]
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmI have replaced, when i refresh the widget i see the text "Middle of Nowhere" and then disapear. cool idea. :thumbup:
Yeah, this was more for situations where the latitude and longitude are set in the middle of the ocean, but the refresh effect is nice to have as well - glad you like it.
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmI have to try to find out, why in 3 days forcaste it did not show the smal icons, as you can see in @Resources folder the smal weather icons for forcaste have name 01sm, 02sm, 03sm.... and the big weather icons have normal numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.....
That's simple: just change the + from the Substitute line in [MeasureWeatherIcon1], [MeasureWeatherIcon2] and [MeasureWeatherIcon3] to sm - that's all. So, they would look like:
Substitute="^990":"..\img\","088$":"sm.png"
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmI know most of the user did not use Yahoo weather, but this is the one wich for me working fine, what must i change, that the Yahoo link adress can use.
I won't help you with that, sorry - you'd have to ask someone else. If you wanted to do that and use Yahoo in Vista Rainbar, you should have said it from the start. It's true you posted a Yahoo link to the location where you live, but you didn't say that you want the skin to use Yahoo. Now, it's too late, I won't rewrite again what I just rewrite earlier. I hope I was clear.
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmIs that mean, that i can add the Meter for to see the time of SunRise and SunSet? Or is the MeasureSunR and SunSet for something else?
Yes, you can add them, just make sure the meters you add have their MeasureName options set accordingly to the name of the measures. You can add LOTS of other meters, if you want - for a full list, see what you need to write in their MeasureName option in ...\Vista Rainbar\@Resources\MeasureNamesReference.txt. Or, you can look at the Skins Tab from Rainmeter to see what measures (basically, any that starts with a @) can you use in the new meters you create:
@Measures.jpg
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmAnd can i add the Windspeed and Wind direction Measure and temp too?
Like:
Yes, but NOT the way you posted! Check my description above.
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmAnd at last, look at the pic please, i don´t understand this error.
The 0.png and 1+.png errors only happen a single time when you refresh, because the WebParser measures didn't YET get the data from the internet. The errors are harmless and don't produce any negative effects - you can ignore them. I could tell you what to do to get rid of them, but it will confuse you and won't bring any benefit, since things work fine already.
vijayFH wrote: July 24th, 2021, 5:52 pmIgnore the vollmond+ png (Full Moon+.png), i have forgotton to change the name of image from english to german.
Yeah, very good. That is exactly what you should do - I'm glad you understood that. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:30 pm What is not correct? Did I make a mistake? However I agree with you related to syntax differences.
It's not that you had something incorrect in your code, it's that apparently you both misunderstood what I meant with those modifications, see the code I posted here earlier. Sorry for the misunderstanding... :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:01 pm It's not that you had something incorrect in your code, it's that apparently you both misunderstood what I meant with those modifications, see the code I posted here earlier. Sorry for the misunderstanding... :confused:
Ah, alright. Sorry...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:10 pmAh, alright. Sorry...
No problem, no need to feel sorry for it. But...
balala wrote: July 24th, 2021, 6:34 pmIn meantime I figured out I have old backups of my Documents folder, which are including the SideBar, as we have it back on 02/08/2020. I just recovered it and it seems the skin is working, including the weather section. Although there are errors in log, the skin is working. I'm attaching it, please MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SIDEBAR (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! - for instance rename the old SideBar folder to SideBar-OLD, or whatever else), copy the content of the attached package into your Skins folder, refresh all, then try out what you get.
Does it working? If it is and you like what you got, we have to take a look to the mentioned error messages.
So this is the recovered package: https://www.filefactory.com/file/4o9j9qjlkbby/SideBar.zip
You should need to feel sorry for the fact that someone worked in vain for 2 (!!!) skins, just because you didn't know you had the working Sidebar in one of your backups, LOL. :headbang: For the love of god, don't you have a catalogue utility that you can add all your storage media to and find what you need with a single Search click?! :Whistle If you want, I can recommend you one, so that you have such information for the future, you know...

P.S. Just curious, what kind of backup you talked about? One made by a backup utility (e.g. Acronis or others similar) or just some files and folders on a hard drive?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:35 pm You should need to feel sorry for the fact that someone worked in vain for 2 (!!!) skins, just because you didn't know you had the working Sidebar in one of your backups, LOL. :headbang:
Ok, I'm sorry again, but from time to time I tend to forget things, like this time for instance. Probably sometimes should renounce coming with solutions...
Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2021, 7:35 pm P.S. Just curious, what kind of backup you talked about? One made by a backup utility (e.g. Acronis or others similar) or just some files and folders on a hard drive?
Backup made with Symantec System Recovery (successor of Norton Ghost, if you know it).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:13 pm Ok, I'm sorry again, but from time to time I tend to forget things, like this time for instance. Probably sometimes should renounce coming with solutions...
Backup made with Symantec System Recovery (successor of Norton Ghost, if you know it).
Well, what's done is done. :confused: I don't have the slightest problem with posting solutions or forgetting things, it's just that it was a pity that there was a search for a solution when the solution was there all along, that's all. But it happens, from time to time, after all it's not such a big deal. ;-)

Yep, I know about Norton Ghost, I even used it back in the day. I thought there was some (zipped or not) folder forgotten somewhere - for that, and a lot others, there are tools that make nice and VERY useful catalogues with the contents of all kinds of storage media (e.g. CD, DVD, HDD, SSD, etc). Unfortunately, the tool I was thinking of can't "scan" actual backups made with a backup utility, unless some classic compressed system is used by the utility or you export a list of files from that backup in a TXT or something. That being said, such a tool is a real time saver, extremely useful - never wondered where something was for decades now, it helps me find burried stuff in a matter of seconds.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2021, 8:53 pm Yep, I know about Norton Ghost, I even used it back in the day. I thought there was some (zipped or not) folder forgotten somewhere - for that, and a lot others, there are tools that make nice and VERY useful catalogues with the contents of all kinds of storage media (e.g. CD, DVD, HDD, SSD, etc). Unfortunately, the tool I was thinking of can't "scan" actual backups made with a backup utility, unless some classic compressed system is used by the utility or you export a list of files from that backup in a TXT or something. That being said, such a tool is a real time saver, extremely useful - never wondered where something was for decades now, it helps me find burried stuff in a matter of seconds.
Me personally don't know about a tool which could scan those v2i and iv2i archives created by SSR.