It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:29 pm

My First Skin Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My First Skin Help

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: July 19th, 2021, 10:22 pmbut i would always say who helpt me most of the time balala
So true... :thumbup:
That's about the only place where I wouldn't even dream to challenge balala.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Since we talk about credits and all, especially for weather skins, I believe the first one to deserve credits is jsmorley, for his huge amount of work in making those .INC files to parse weather.com data (and this comes from someone not using those .INC-s to get the said data). That goes for eclectic-tech as well, for his Yahoo data similar work.
dvo wrote: July 19th, 2021, 10:50 pmand about challenge we are friends we don't have to challenge we combine our power.
Of course. What I meant by "challenge" is more or less "argue with him over it in a civilized manner" - no negative implications. :D I'm one who believes that from that kind of discussions and exchange of (sometimes contradictory) ideas, good things (or progress, if you like) can arise.
For me, the one who helped me the most was jsmorley, and then balala, eclectic-tech, SilverAzide on a roughly equal footing. This might be because for me help is more about understanding how stuff works rather than plain code help.
Last edited by Yincognito on July 19th, 2021, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:10 pm yess for weather skin jsMorley and a few others did the weather i can't recall all but a few did that job splendedly they revived the whole wheater section. and all other guys they gave the things they could add i love that every body is trying to pitch inn. i always say there are many ways to get to rome but how you did it it's your trip...
Indeed. :great:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:19 pm it seems that sl23 is riding piggy bag on my script lol but i will catch his part :) balala got mine :) he misses still some parts lol
that i already have..
Menage en trois? :o Complicated affair for sure - maybe you could setup a "whole Brady bunch" there too, like you said. :lol:
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

eclectic-tech wrote: July 19th, 2021, 9:07 pm... Let us know if you have any questions or other ideas. :thumbup:
In the attached image there is the Change Color option. This brings up a palette for choosing a color. I would like to add a 'Change Font' option for choosing a font. Possible to do? -thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

^
found this : https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20041&p=107086&hilit=ContextFont#p107086

is studying this skin (ContextFont) a way to go or another?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:50 pm ^
found this : https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20041&p=107086&hilit=ContextFont#p107086

More or less, yes, it's one of 2 ways you can go, as far as I'm aware of. The 2 ways are:
- adding as many font (or even font index) variables as you want and then placing the font variable change in the context menu, somewhat similar (though slightly different in your case) to the link you posted
- placing an InputText in your skin so you can freely - but manually - input the name of the font you want to use

The 1st variant is easier to implement, but is limited to how many font variables you add in your skin (or how many can be placed in the context menu), and obviously each time you want to have different fonts from where to choose, you'll have to edit what you previously wrote. The 2nd variant is just slightly harder to do, but you can input any font you'd like to use, though it does require some space in the skin where you can place the said input box.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

MourningStar wrote: July 19th, 2021, 11:50 pm ^

Do you plan on including several fonts in your package? This would be possible, and recommended, so you could have them selected from the context menu (that is what 'Context Font' does).

If the end user wants a different font, they would have to manually edit the variables file and add the font to their system, or to the '@Resources\Fonts' folder in the skin.

EDIT: The board used to show new posts, but I always seem to miss seeing those :x ... sorry for the double info post :vomit:
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

^
uh, ok - back to topic.

thx eclectic-tech & Yincognito, I will proceed. However, this won't end up removing the text size scroll function?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: July 20th, 2021, 12:21 amHowever, this won't end up removing the text size scroll function?
Nope. By the way, you don't have to proceed anymore for the 1st variant I mentioned...

...\BasicDualTemperature\@Resources\Variables.inc:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Font1=Tahoma
Font2=Arial
Font3=Consolas

Font=Tahoma
FontColor=5,199,252

;===================
;Translate Langauge
;===================

Low Tonight=Low Tonight
Feels Like=Feels Like
Humidity=Humidity
Sunrise=Sunrise
Sunset=Sunset
Visibility=Visibility
Wind=Wind
UV Index=UV Index
...\BasicDualTemperature\BasicDualTemperature.ini:

[Metadata]
Name=BasicDualTemperature
Author=MourningStar
Co-Authors=zivallh, Yincognito, balala, eclectic-tech & Rainmeter Tutorial
Information=basic dual (C & F) text-only display temperature skin
Version=1.0
License=Creative Commons Attribution - Non - Commercial - Share Alike 3.0

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

RightMouseUpAction=[!SkinCustomMenu]
ContextTitle=Location: [@LocationName]
ContextAction=["https://weather.com/weather/today"]
ContextTitle2=Time: [@CurrentObservationTime] [@LocationTimezoneAbbreviation]
ContextAction2=[]
ContextTitle3=Edit Weather Variables
ContextAction3=["#@#WeatherComJSONVariables.inc"]
ContextTitle4="---"
ContextAction4=[]
ContextTitle5=Change Text Color
ContextAction5=["#@#Addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=FontColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc"]
ContextTitle6="---"
ContextAction6=[]
ContextTitle7=Font: #Font1#
ContextAction7=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Font "#Font1#" "#@#Variables.inc"][!SetVariable Font "#Font1#"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ContextTitle8=Font: #Font2#
ContextAction8=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Font "#Font2#" "#@#Variables.inc"][!SetVariable Font "#Font2#"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ContextTitle9=Font: #Font3#
ContextAction9=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Font "#Font3#" "#@#Variables.inc"][!SetVariable Font "#Font3#"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ContextTitle10="---"
ContextAction10=[]
ContextTitle11="More Actions >>"
ContextAction11=[!SkinMenu]

[Variables]
; Include weather settings and language variables 
@Include1=#@#WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
@Include2=#@#WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc
@Include3=#@#Variables.inc
; Added 'Scale' variable used in the new mouse action bangs below 
Scale=1.05

--------------------------------------------------------

[CurrentTemperatureF]
; Added to 'Times' group so it is enabled when the webparser finishes
Group=Times
Measure=Calc
Formula=(([@CurrentTemperature]*9/5)+32)
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=1

[MeterTemperature]
MeasureName=@CurrentTemperature
MeasureName2=CurrentTemperatureF
;MeasureName2=@UnitsTemperature
Meter=String
X=(10*#Scale#)R
Y=(5*#Scale#)
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=(55*#Scale#)
FontColor=#FontColor#
StringStyle=Normal
StringAlign=Left
StringEffect=Shadow
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,50
Antialias=1
DynamicVariables=1
Text=%1°C / %2°F
; Added to change the text size by scrolling the mouse wheel up or down
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable Scale (Clamp(#Scale#+0.05,0.1,3))][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale (Clamp(#Scale#+0.1,0.1,3))][!UpdateMeter MeterTemperature][!Redraw]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable Scale (Clamp(#Scale#-0.05,0.1,3))][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale (Clamp(#Scale#+0.1,0.1,3))][!UpdateMeter MeterTemperature][!Redraw]
MiddleMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable Scale 1][!WriteKeyValue Variables Scale 1][!UpdateMeter MeterTemperature][!Redraw]
Just copy-paste / replace code in the said files, save both files and refresh, just like the last time.

If you want more fonts, you'll have to manually add them in both files, i.e.

...\BasicDualTemperature\@Resources\Variables.inc:

Font4=Times New Roman
...\BasicDualTemperature\BasicDualTemperature.ini:

ContextTitle10=Font: #Font4#
ContextAction10=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Font "#Font4#" "#@#Variables.inc"][!SetVariable Font "#Font4#"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Naturally, you'd have to update the subsequent ContextTitle and ContextAction numbering as well. Be aware though, you can add a maximum of 25 context menu titles & actions.

P.S. If you think about using the 2nd variant, I'm sure the other guys here will be able to help. Me, I have to get up early tomorrow, so I'm done for today. :D