It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:19 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 16th, 2021, 4:50 pmI understood what you wrote. Don´t worry, you must not rebuild my hole sidebar, i have wrote that i have no experience in Rainmeter, and i will try to rebuild the sidebar my self, what i need is help, in kind of to show me the direction, what i have to do, i will only ask, what i should do or what i have to do, thats all.
I mean, for example, it is possible in "Weather Alternative V.1" to add 3 days forcaste, you have experience you know what have to do, so if you want show me the direction, i have only to follow the way to reach my goal.
Well, that's part of the problem. You said you have no experience in Rainmeter, no problem with that, I was there too, so I understand. But, rebuilding your sidebar or adding 3 day forecast to a skin that doesn't have that yet is not as easy as replacing a few icons, especially for beginners. My point is, it would be pointless to show you the direction in this case, because due to the lack of experience you wouldn't be able to follow that direction successfully anyway. It would basically mean it's easier to just do it myself and post the result.

But ok, let's say the 1st part was somehow solved. There is the 2nd part of it, and that is about your overall description of your goal:
- you didn't post a complete, packed content of what EXACTLY you want to achieve (with only the modifications remaining to be done); I have to take the icons from one page, the code from another page, look at your screenshots of what you envision on another page, and so on
- you don't have a CLEAR view of what PRECISELY is that you want: is it Vista-Rainbar-V4-81263212 here? is it Vista-glass-sidebar-meter-45695081, also here? is it Weather Alternative here? is it Balala's Mirage suite here? If I'm going to attempt something, I need to know, and I need to know I'm not making the effort only to be overlooked, like the Weather Alternative Fork_1.0.0 above seems it is

That is why I suggested that you first take a look at Balala's Mirage suite, as it's already written, see if you can get used to it and all, since you appear to like some of its features, and only if you don't and have a base skin (code+resources) one can work with and a clear view of what you'd like to achieve, proceed further. I can help for sure, I can even build something from the ground up, but I need to know precisely WHAT and HOW to do it. Again, in this case it would be pointless (and it would take more time as well) to walk you through what you have to do, since you'd probably have difficulties following the direction given the lack of experience, and it would be simpler to just write or adjust stuff myself and present the outcome.

P.S. By the way, it's more feasible to add stuff to Weather Alternative or to rebuild the sidebar than to try to integrate one into another. Yes, it's possible to add the 3 day forecast to WeatherAlternative, anything is possible, but you must decide first what is that what you want (see above).

P.S.S. Also, regarding your sidebar (i.e. Vista glass sidebar meter.ini, which is basically the only INI you posted that shows something intelligible when loaded), there are these "small" problems:
- it has been designed to use hardcoded values (e.g. the drives still show the drive configuration of the skin designer and NOT what my actual drives look like)
- it has been designed for a higher resolution than I have on my laptop (1366x768), without any option to resize
Sidebar.jpg
This means that even if I wanted to work on this, I would have to COMPLETELY rewrite the whole skin (not just the weather part) to make it work properly. This basically means requesting a skin to be built.

Hopefully you can better understand why I said what I said earlier. It's not that I don't want to help (and I believe I proved it already with Weather Alternative icon replacement, though that didn't seem to be enough for you despite what you initially claimed you wanted), it's that I don't have the right conditions to do it, for the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala,

Nice to read that you will work on Mirage ahead.

About translation in German, bevor there come some mistake ( because my english ist not so good)
it is better i ask you, so that i understand, i have translate in Weather Section

"Last Update" in German "Aktualisiert:" look at the pics please, if you mean like that.

i don´t want make mistake, and i won´t that the weather ini.file get some trouble, because i saw you have realy worked hard on it. Respect. :thumbup:

If you're ok with this, I'll be honored to translate it.

Hi Yincognito,

I think i have started my post confused, thats why is there communication problem, between us. :)

So that you understand,

The Vista-Rainbar- i like the weather Icons. Only the weather Icons. And how it show in the Widget.

Vista-glass-sidebar-meter i like it. It show also other parts to, as you can see self in your pic, not only weather.

Weather Alternative weather ini.file is working.

In my first post, i have written that i have no exprience in Rainmeter, balala can conform it.
Belive me, i have try to understand this, how to learn this, i have watched many youtube videos, and read a lot about it, but it will not stay in my brain.
There was days, believe me i wanted throw my computer through the window. :17angry

That i did not get mad, so i have started via Photo shop to change the look of the Sidebar.
you can see, that the look of the sidebar is changed.

Yes it is a lot of work to rewrite the complete ini.file of the sidebar.
it has been designed for a higher resolution than I have on my laptop (1366x768), without any option to resize
I know you have a modern Laptop, of course the Sidebar look not good, because it is a old Sidebar, and by (1366x768) it is clear to see, that it is a old ini.file i mean a the Sidebar with old ini.file and the background could look be better.

About the look of the sidebar, i´m working with Photo shop to make the look clear, in this case i have to learn it step by step.

I have a question, about this line:
RegExp=(?siU)<h1 class="city.*data-reactid="7">(.*)</h1>.*<div class="My\(2px\).*60x60\/(.*)@2x.png.*data-reactid="26">(.*)<.*<span class="Va\(t\)" data-reactid="37">(.*)</span>.*"conditionCode":(.*),

You understand RegExp, but i see very little information. where can i filter out the information, what is for what?

Because, in weather it should show information about main Temperature, High and low, sunrise, sunset, conditions, next days forcast, wind, wind dirctions, moonphase.... and of course weather icons.

Thanks aggain for your help, and i´m happy for your honest answer.

Lg
vijay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Der Computer ist die logische Weiterentwicklung
des Menschen: Intelligenz ohne Moral.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Hi Vijay,

Regarding the resolution, what I meant was not necessarily that the skin is old, but that it simply doesn't FIT on my screen. So, if I was to work on it, I would have to change all the coordinates in the skin to adjust dynamically to the user resolution, in order to be able to SEE the entire skin and the impact of my changes to it.

Regarding the regex, what I did there was just to add the icon code from the Yahoo source to it, at the end. Your request at the time was only about the weather condition icons, that you wanted to be the "old" ones. I didn't add the rest you talked about because:
- you didn't mention it in your original request
- the skin didn't even have the visual elements (i.e. meters) to show the rest of things on the screen

In a regex pattern like that, it would be difficult to explain which is which if you're not familiar at least with the basic syntax, but one thing I can clarify is that the (.*) parts are used to "capture" the information that you can then display in your skin. So, to be able to "access" or "filter" the rest of the things you want, that regex would have to be expanded to contain the rest of the elements (and the parts between them), obviously "extracting" those elements using the (.*) parts or similar. There are a ton of resources online explaining regular expressions (aka regex or regexp, in short), but it would take a while to get used to them or actually write correct patterns.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 17th, 2021, 10:10 am Nice to read that you will work on Mirage ahead.
Not just will, I already have started to work, but due to time lack over summer, I can't advance as I would like. But hope sooner or later will finish it, as said in my previous reply.
vijayFH wrote: July 17th, 2021, 10:10 am About translation in German, bevor there come some mistake ( because my english ist not so good)
it is better i ask you, so that i understand, i have translate in Weather Section

"Last Update" in German "Aktualisiert:" look at the pics please, if you mean like that.

i don´t want make mistake, and i won´t that the weather ini.file get some trouble, because i saw you have realy worked hard on it. Respect. :thumbup:

If you're ok with this, I'll be honored to translate it.
Last update is just one of the strings which have to be translated, there are almost 700 others. I'd like to get translations in as many languages as possible, but I know it's a hard work to make a good translation, there being so many strings to translate as said above, so I understand if people don't start working with it. If you want, let me know to tell you how to translate.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi blala,
Last update is just one of the strings which have to be translated, there are almost 700 others
Only 700 ? balala you have spend hours of time to help me with the sidebar. off course i will help you.

It is me a honor to translate the other 700 strings, i have on 21.07.-22.07- 23.07 free, you know i´m working at the airport, and only on my free days i have time.

All what have has to translate, make it ready, that i can beginn on 21.07 with the translation, we will make it together.
And i will do my best, that all the strings are fine translated.

Hi Yincognito,
it would be difficult to explain which is which if you're not familiar at least with the basic syntax,
Belive me, i have try it to understand, but more I try to understand it, the more I get headaches.

Ever since I've seen this sidebar, I've been trying to understand how everything was set up.

I understood coordinates X, Y, I understood how to translate it from English to German. How to change the colors....

Anyway, as we say in german: Man kann nicht alles haben :confused: ( You can not have everything ),

And thanks again for your help.

BTW: if you like the sidebar too, there are parts of them https://www.deviantart.com/gavatx/art/VistaRainmeterSidebarParts-48787472

Lg
vijay
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:41 amBelive me, i have try it to understand, but more I try to understand it, the more I get headaches.

Ever since I've seen this sidebar, I've been trying to understand how everything was set up.

I understood coordinates X, Y, I understood how to translate it from English to German. How to change the colors....
Question: are you still using the sidebar now, or you completely switched to balala's Mirage? And if you do still use it, which .INI one do you use, SideBar Modificated.ini?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:41 am Only 700 ? balala you have spend hours of time to help me with the sidebar. off course i will help you.

It is me a honor to translate the other 700 strings, i have on 21.07.-22.07- 23.07 free, you know i´m working at the airport, and only on my free days i have time.

All what have has to translate, make it ready, that i can beginn on 21.07 with the translation, we will make it together.
And i will do my best, that all the strings are fine translated.
Ok if you want to translate it, here is what you have to do.
I suppose you have Mirage installed, right? If you have it, make a copy of Mirage\@Resources\Messages1.inc and name it Messages4.inc (since right now there are three such MessagesX.inc files, so you have to use the first unused number).
Replace the following variables as it follows:
  • LanguageCode is the code of the language you're translating to (as shown in the Language tag column here). For German, this most probably will be LanguageCode=de-DE.
  • DecimalSep and ThousandsSep are the characters used in German as decimal, respectively thousand separator. For instance in English these are the . and , but as far as I know in many languages they are exactly vice-versa: , as decimal and . as thousand separator character. Add the characters used in German, please.
  • Leave the Index as it is (Index=2). For now this variable is not used anymore, but it seems I forgot to remove it. You don't have to deal with it.
  • Now translate all string starting from LessMinAgo until the end of list. As said, there are too many, around 700.
If you finish the translation, please send the translated Messages4.inc via a PM and I'll integrate it into the next release. I've started to add the scaling feature to all skins belonging to Mirage, but as said, have not enough time to work with, so I1m not sure at all when will I finish it. However hoping sooner or later will and will publish the new version.

Thank you anticipately if you make the translation.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi balala,

Yesterday night i have started with the translation, this evening i will try to finish with it.
When it is done, i will send the Messages4.inc via a PM.

I have to change some words, because the translated words in German there give no logic. In this case i must let them in Englisch. Hope you don´t mind.

70% of work is finish, 30% have to translate. This evening i will be finish.

If i have forgot something to translate, please let me know.

Hi Yincognito,
are you still using the sidebar now, or you completely switched to balala's Mirage? And if you do still use it, which .INI one do you use, SideBar Modificated.ini?

Yes, i use still the sidebar with Modificated.ini (Modificated by balala)
For the weather i use the weather icons from "Vista Rainbar" Weather. https://www.deviantart.com/gavatx/art/Vista-Rainbar-V3-English-59990614

And yes, i use Mirage too.

Lg
vijay
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 21st, 2021, 3:46 am Yesterday night i have started with the translation, this evening i will try to finish with it.
When it is done, i will send the Messages4.inc via a PM.
Ok, thank you.
vijayFH wrote: July 21st, 2021, 3:46 am I have to change some words, because the translated words in German there give no logic. In this case i must let them in Englisch. Hope you don´t mind.
No, at all. I don't know German, unfortunately can't check the translation, so it'll be as you translate.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 21st, 2021, 3:46 amYes, i use still the sidebar with Modificated.ini (Modificated by balala)
For the weather i use the weather icons from "Vista Rainbar" Weather. https://www.deviantart.com/gavatx/art/Vista-Rainbar-V3-English-59990614

And yes, i use Mirage too.
But neither the modificated sidebar or the vista rainbar weather actually works, right?