It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:56 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vijayFH

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito

Thx for your answer.

Yes i would like to use the old Weather Icons, and if nessesry i would modifi the icons with Photoshop.
The old Weather Skin Use Yahoo Weather information / data. And the new weather Skin use Yahoo too.

If the Yahoo Weather did not delivery for all 108 Weather Icons information, wich link should recomended for the weather skin, that i can see the weather information, and the weather Icons.

Please look the the 3 ini.files one ist the Sidebar (What balala and i have modificated, and one is the Weather alternativ v.1 and the old from 2008 by GAVATX - http://gavatx.deviantart.com also from the first link what i have posted.

Please look on the 3 ini.files that you can see, if is there a chance to replace something in the Sidebar weather ini.file thats it work, or add some information that is work.

Sidebar not modificated ini.file is short, i think for you will have over view to see what i mean.

What do you think, what is possible, and what not.

Thank for your help.

Lg
vijay

PS: On the Pic: On left the old Weather Icon and on the right the Weather Alternative V.1 Weather Icons
In the modificated ini.file the weather icons number is replaced, in the pic the icons have the old numbers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Der Computer ist die logische Weiterentwicklung
des Menschen: Intelligenz ohne Moral.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:38 am Yeah, saw that it was old, but had no idea that this was the way to distribute the skin before.
Probably not all skins have been distributed this way, but this one was this way. Weird, but that was it...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:31 am Blala, i have install the new RAinmeter and install the Old Sidebar, on what we have worked, few years ago.
I like the Sidebar, and if possible to paste the new weather ini.file in the Sidebar.
I'm not entirely sure what do you mean by "new weather ini.file", but it probably is. However before we start this, I1d suggest you to give a try to the Weather skin of my Mirage. As said in my previous post, it has been written starting from the Weather skin of the Sidebar and even if it has been modified over all these years, it keeps a lot of "original" elements. So give it a try and let me know how do you like it.
If you like it, I can extremely easily add this skin to the Sidebar. If you don't please let me know which is the "new weather ini.file", which you would like to add. Is it the "Weather Alternative"?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 13th, 2021, 3:36 pmIs it the "Weather Alternative"?
Yep.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:35 pmThe old Weather Skin Use Yahoo Weather information / data. And the new weather Skin use Yahoo too.
Not really.
Sidebar unmodified used Weather.com as source, not Yahoo (this weather.com source is now defunct):
Url=http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/#Zip#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#
Sidebar modified used Weather.com as source too, not Yahoo (this source is now defunct as well, since Yahoo basically took weather data from the defunct Weather.com source):
Url=https://yahoo.weather.com/news/weather/local/#Location#?cc=*&prod=bd_select&par=yahoowidgetxml&dayf=4&unit=#Unit#
vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:35 pmIf the Yahoo Weather did not delivery for all 108 Weather Icons information, wich link should recomended for the weather skin, that i can see the weather information, and the weather Icons.
The vast majority of folks here (me included) use the "new style" Weather.com as source nowadays, only a few use Yahoo. Any of the skins I linked will show weather info, but any skin whatsoever will require that you copy your old icons and adapt stuff a bit to see those old icons. However, by looking at your "old icons" folder contents, it looks like those 108 icons are actually icons for just 36 "weather conditions", each icon having 3 sizes (small, normal and large), since 36 x 3 = 108. Even so, I have no idea what a full list of the 36 text "conditions" looks like, so I can modify the new skin's Substitute accordingly (there are only 12 such text conditions below):

Code: Select all

Substitute="rain_day_night":"rain","scattered_showers_day_night":"rain","windy_day_night":"wind","mostly_cloudy_day_night":"cloudy","cloudy_day_night":"cloudy","snow_rain_mix_day_night":"sleet","fair_day":"clear_day","fair_night":"clear_night","flurries_day_night":"snow","snow_day_night":"snow","thundershowers_day_night":"rain","fog_day_night":"fog"
vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:35 pmPS: On the Pic: On left the old Weather Icon and on the right the Weather Alternative V.1 Weather Icons. In the modificated ini.file the weather icons number is replaced, in the pic the icons have the old numbers.
This was helpful, actually. Now we know there were 36 weather conditions in the old skin. In the new skin there are just 10, although from the look of the Substitute there are at least 12 originally.
vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 2:35 pmPlease look the the 3 ini.files one ist the Sidebar (What balala and i have modificated, and one is the Weather alternativ v.1 and the old from 2008 by GAVATX - http://gavatx.deviantart.com also from the first link what i have posted.
Please look on the 3 ini.files that you can see, if is there a chance to replace something in the Sidebar weather ini.file thats it work, or add some information that is work.
Sidebar not modificated ini.file is short, i think for you will have over view to see what i mean.
It seems balala has a better idea for including stuff in your Sidebar, see his reply.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 13th, 2021, 4:14 pm It seems balala has a better idea for including stuff in your Sidebar, see his reply.
One thing which has to be kept in mind is that my Weather skin doesn't use Yahoo Weather, but Weather.com.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 13th, 2021, 4:47 pm One thing which has to be kept in mind is that my Weather skin doesn't use Yahoo Weather, but Weather.com.
Indeed. If you can deal with this without rewriting the whole skin, it's still better than having to do so. :thumbup:
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi blala,

i see you have been worked very hard on Project Mirage, i must have to take time for more test, if you don´t mind.
For first look i like it, but i have to make some test, bevor i give you my Opinion.

I have maked a screenshot, please look on it.

Bevor there come some mistake in communication, because my english is not good, it´s better first let me prepare both ini.file. Also Sidebar with the old icons, and Weather Alternative 1.0.
Because Weather Alternative 1.0 is working, but it should use the weather icons from the old Sidebar.

I hope, i have not maked so complicated.

Lg
vijay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito

Sorry it was my mistake in Terms of the Icons, now i have delete all the weather icons what was not needed.
There are only the smal and large weather icons.

If i have forgotten somthing please let me know.

Lg

vijay
OldIcons.zip
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 5:33 pmSorry it was my mistake in Terms of the Icons, now i have delete all the weather icons what was not needed.
There are only the smal and large weather icons.
vijayOldIcons.zip
Very good - it seems they are 47-48 of them, just like for weather.com source. Unfortunately, Weather Alternative V1 uses TEXTUAL info to set the icon, and not a NUMERICAL "code", but for some of those conditions (those which we know what the TEXT is, from the skin) it should be pretty straight-forward to place them in the WeatherIcons1 folder of the skin and use them. I'll see what I can do regarding Weather Alternative V1, but I can't guarantee complete replacement, at least not before I find out all the values that TEXT can take.

EDIT: Or, I can take a look at eclectic-tech's parsing from the Yahoo skin I linked to above and just use the numerical values just for icons. Will see.