It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:15 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by balala »

rlnoonan wrote: January 12th, 2021, 5:44 pm I'll try to make sure to check the skin page first next time.
Do so, because weather skins many times stop working, due to changes to the source sites and in such cases the update / upgrade is the only possible solution (if it's available).
psh250092

Post by psh250092 »

Thanks guys for help!

Now I'm gonna delete all openweather's json in my notepad and change skin's measures.....
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hello to all. :welcome:

After so long time, i have now started my computer new.

Now with new Windows 11, and new Rainmeter.

I have downloaded this https://www.deviantart.com/gavatx/art/Vista-Rainbar-V4-81263212 but the weather did not working.
I have not so much experience in Rainmeter, i have read in forum that so many things has been changed, about the weather.

I have a request, could someone slove the weather ini. file for me please, because i´m not good in programming, and no idea how to slove the Weather ini.file.

Thank to all for help in advance. :thumbup:

LG
vijay
Der Computer ist die logische Weiterentwicklung
des Menschen: Intelligenz ohne Moral.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:01 amI have a request, could someone slove the weather ini. file for me please, because i´m not good in programming, and no idea how to slove the Weather ini.file.
First of all, this is an .EXE file, not a .RMSKIN Rainmeter skin. Secondly, it only works on 32 bits, and not 64 bits.
Conclusion: sliving the weather .INC files can't be done on this.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:20 am First of all, this is an .EXE file, not a .RMSKIN Rainmeter skin. Secondly, it only works on 32 bits, and not 64 bits.
Conclusion: sliving the weather .INC files can't be done on this.
That's an old (extremely old) package. I didn't install it, but it probably contains the skin package as well as an early version of Rainmeter. I know, because this (or a variant of this) was the first package of Rainmeter I had contact with more than a decade ago. If you see on the linked deviantart deviation, the last update of the package has been published in July 2008, so as said, it's 13 years old. I'm not surprised at all the weather skin doesn't work.
vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:01 am I have a request, could someone slove the weather ini. file for me please, because i´m not good in programming, and no idea how to slove the Weather ini.file.
My recommendation is to:
  • Install the latest Rainmeter, available here (right now - 07/13/2021 - it's version 4.4.3500).
  • Browse the Weather section of the Share Your Creations and find there a weather skin you like. Download, install and use that one. It is difficult to rewrite a such old skin.
  • And now the self-promotion: the Weather skin of my Mirage suite derives directly from this skin. Is more or less similar and it does work (the skin of version 1.3, the previous ones don't work anymore).
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hello and thanks for the response. Sorry for my bad english.

i have search for a new weather Skin, but did not find one where i could say, wow thats is.

I have found one its work, but the weather icons would like to replace it.
Weather Alternative.zip
It is possible to replace the weather icons, indeed of the first link what i have posted. Thats will be great.

Look at the "Weather Alternativ" infile, please let me know, what is possible and what not.

It is realy difficult to explain it, what is in my imagine.

Blala, i have install the new RAinmeter and install the Old Sidebar, on what we have worked, few years ago.
I like the Sidebar, and if possible to paste the new weather ini.file in the Sidebar.

Thx again for your help.

Lg
vijay

PS: There where i have found the Skin: https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Weather-Alternative-827733989
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vijayFH on July 13th, 2021, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:28 amI didn't install it, but it probably contains the skin package as well as an early version of Rainmeter. I know, because this (or a variant of this) was the first package of Rainmeter I had contact with more than a decade ago. If you see on the linked deviantart deviation, the last update of the package has been published in July 2008, so as said, it's 13 years old. I'm not surprised at all the weather skin doesn't work.
Yeah, saw that it was old, but had no idea that this was the way to distribute the skin before. I didn't actually install it, just let two or three "Next" windows display and then chose Cancel.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:31 amIt is possible to replace the weather icons, indeed of the first link what i have posted. Thats will be great.

Look at the "Weather Alternativ" infile, please let me know, what is possible and what not.
Yes, it's possible. If you have the icons from your first link (just the images, not the EXE which I can't / won't install), it's just about replacing whatever PNG file you want from C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Weather Alternative\@Resources\WeatherIcons1..3 folders with the images you like from your first link. Normally, they should be 256x256 pixels, but it's possible they will work with other sizes.
vijayFH

Post by vijayFH »

Hi Yincognito

https://www.deviantart.com/gavatx/art/Vista-Rainbar-V4-81263212 there where the old weather Skin is, it has about 108 Weather icons.

The new weather Skin what i would like to use it and it work, ist has about 10 Weather icons.

Do you think if i took the Weather icons from the Old Weather Skin, and paste it in the new weather Skin, it will be work?

Or i have to Change something in the ini.file that the old Weather icons can work.

Lg
vijay

I must say, that i use this Sidebar https://www.deviantart.com/internauta2000/art/Vista-glass-sidebar-meter-45695081
Few years ago, balala helped me to modify the Sidebar. Now it look like this:
Unbenannt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

vijayFH wrote: July 13th, 2021, 12:53 pmhttps://www.deviantart.com/gavatx/art/Vista-Rainbar-V4-81263212 there where the old weather Skin is, it has about 108 Weather icons.

The new weather Skin what i would like to use it and it work, ist has about 10 Weather icons.

Do you think if i took the Weather icons from the Old Weather Skin, and paste it in the new weather Skin, it will be work?

Or i have to Change something in the ini.file that the old Weather icons can work.
I won't enter in the Sidebar discussion since the fact that it's so old requires a complete rewrite of the weather related part, but as for your question:
- the old skin uses more icons probably because there were more "weather conditions" used back then
- the new skin uses less icons partly because there are less "weather conditions" on the Yahoo source data, and partly because in its Weather Alternative V.1.ini and similar .INI files, there is a measure like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureIcon]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=[MeasureWeather]
StringIndex=2
DynamicVariables=1
Substitute="rain_day_night":"rain","scattered_showers_day_night":"rain","windy_day_night":"wind","mostly_cloudy_day_night":"cloudy","cloudy_day_night":"cloudy","snow_rain_mix_day_night":"sleet","fair_day":"clear_day","fair_night":"clear_night","flurries_day_night":"snow","snow_day_night":"snow","thundershowers_day_night":"rain","fog_day_night":"fog"
that, in its Substitute option, basically assigns single icons to multiple "weather conditions"

Bottom line is:
- if you want to keep it simple, you'll choose from your old 108 icons a number of 10 icons that roughly correspond with the "weather condition" illustrated by your new 10 icons, and then just copy paste them in the proper folders (i.e. WeatherIcons1..3) from the new skin, replacing the old ones; in this case, no modifications to the ini files is required, or if some modifications are required, they will be minor, like, for example, tweaking the W and H (width and height) in this kind of meters from the new skin's INI-s, if the image resolutions are different between the old and the new icons:

Code: Select all

[MeterIcon]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureIcon
Path=#@##Icons#
X=(0*#Scale#)
Y=(0*#Scale#)
W=(100*#Scale#)
AntiAlias=1
- if you want most or all your old 108 icons to be in your new skin, modifications will definitely be required in the new skin's INI files; the complexity of those modifications depends on how similar or different are the number of "weather conditions" from the old and new source data; it shouldn't be extremely hard, but you'd need to know how many conditions can Yahoo provide and then make the necessary adjustments in the [MeasureIcon]'s Substitute option above, that kind of stuff

P.S. Making a backup of both skins before trying out such modifications is recommended, of course, so that if you mess up some things you can easily revert to what it was before.