It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:53 pm

Doesn't Rainmeter use Windows default context menu

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Doesn't Rainmeter use Windows default context menu

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: July 9th, 2021, 12:55 pm I got the update this morning. Also tried to clean reinstall Rainmeter but I still have the same problem.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Meh. It's not a showstopper anyway.
Did you install a recent C++ Redistributable? Also, is your video card driver up to date and Windows 11 / DX12 compatible?
There is one thing that will be distinctive in Windows 11, as previously observed, and that is rounded corners, an enhancement to Microsoft's Fluent Design system. "Rounded geometry is a design element that traverses every corner of Windows 11," said Diego Baca, senior design director. Mostly this will happen automatically to applications "regardless of their technology," said Baca.
Source: here
If the rounded corners of the window are not displayed under Windows 11, it is due to the not recognized graphics card!
If the graphics card was not recognized, simply go to the manufacturer's website and download and install the current Windows 11/10 graphics card driver, some graphics card drivers require a restart of Windows 11!

Now I'm not saying these are definitely the reason why it only works the 1st time, just trying to help. Needless to say, making sure you don't have any software that is otherwise interfering with the Windows style (e.g. WindowBlinds and such) is something worth checking out.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

jsmorley wrote: July 9th, 2021, 1:00 pm Huh... I simply can't get that to happen. I always get rounded context menus.
May be it's the HUUGE difference between our specs. But then again it's a software related thing.

Anyway, I guess I'll just live with it.
from the Realm of Death
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: July 9th, 2021, 2:23 pm Did you install a recent C++ Redistributable? Also, is your video card driver up to date and Windows 11 / DX12 compatible?

Now I'm not saying these are definitely the reason why it only works the 1st time, just trying to help. Needless to say, making sure you don't have any software that is otherwise interfering with the Windows style (e.g. WindowBlinds and such) is something worth checking out.
I did install a C++ Redistributable if that matters.

The second and third cases are for windows and not context menus. So I guess it's something else.

Also:
context.png
So I guess it's a matter of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: July 9th, 2021, 2:36 pmSo I guess it's a matter of time.
Yep. Judging by the fact that it took ages to implement Dark theme everywhere and it took another Windows version and they still didn't migrate all Control Panel items to Settings, your prospects seem excellent indeed... :Whistle
But hey, folks finally have ... "partial"... rounded corners and centered taskbar items, like Mac OS X Public Beta had 20 years ago. :thumbup: :rofl:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: July 9th, 2021, 4:24 pm Yep. Judging by the fact that it took ages to implement Dark theme everywhere and it took another Windows version and they still didn't migrate all Control Panel items to Settings, your prospects seem excellent indeed... :Whistle
But hey, folks finally have ... "partial"... rounded corners and centered taskbar items, like Mac OS X Public Beta had 20 years ago. :thumbup: :rofl:
Hey, rounded corners were the thing since WinXP until Win7. But I agree, under the hood it is the same Win95 UI with broken interface consistency:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: July 9th, 2021, 5:04 pmHey, rounded corners were the thing since WinXP until Win7.
Ah, yes - you're right. My bad.