It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:12 am

Doesn't Rainmeter use Windows default context menu

General topics related to Rainmeter.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Doesn't Rainmeter use Windows default context menu

Post by death.crafter »

I am on windows 11 preview and Rainmeter is rendered more nicely (not sure but shapes are less aliased).

Anyway, the point is doesn't Rainmeter use windows default context menu style? The reason of asking is that when the app is launched for the first time, the context menu, anywhere, be it tray or any skin, has rounded corners but the next time it defaults back to the Windows 10 style, with sharp corners.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Doesn't Rainmeter use Windows default context menu

Post by jsmorley »

It will be a while before we even begin to address any issues with Windows 11. At least for now, my practically new high-end gaming desktop doesn't support Windows 11, since it apparently doesn't have a TPM 2.0 chip on it. I know there are some hacks to get around this, but I have no confidence they will still work later in the beta cycle. At some point closer to a real release of Windows 11, I guess I'll have to replace my motherboard. I'm sorta hoping Microsoft relents on this hard requirement, but It's not looking like it right now.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Apparently, Microsoft doesn't yet enforce these requirements during the preview period or for virtualized environments, and it seems it will only do so at launch, according to The Verge...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:18 pm Apparently, Microsoft doesn't yet enforce these requirements during the preview period or for virtualized environments, and it seems it will only do so at launch, according to The Verge...
Well hell... I dug a little deeper into my BIOS, and found an obscure setting under Peripherals that actually turns on TPM 2.0, and now I'm passing all the checks. I'll probably look at installing the beta sometime soon, although this is the FIRST release of the beta, and Microsoft doesn't have the best track record on the "first" of anything.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

It's not really an issue. But yeah it's too early.

And it's not only Rainmeter but there are other apps too, e.g. Intel's Driver & Support Assistant.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

death.crafter wrote: July 8th, 2021, 1:29 pm It's not really an issue. But yeah it's too early.

And it's not only Rainmeter but there are other apps too, e.g. Intel's Driver & Support Assistant.
I haven't heard of any show-stopper bugs with Windows 11 yet.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

jsmorley wrote: July 8th, 2021, 1:34 pm I haven't heard of any show-stopper bugs with Windows 11 yet.
Well tbh there aren't. And hopefully they support partial blur like win 7.
In Rainmeter that is.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:54 pm Well hell... I dug a little deeper into my BIOS, and found an obscure setting under Peripherals that actually turns on TPM 2.0, and now I'm passing all the checks. I'll probably look at installing the beta sometime soon, although this is the FIRST release of the beta, and Microsoft doesn't have the best track record on the "first" of anything.
Excellent - good to know! :thumbup: Just curious, your BIOS is an UEFI one, I suppose...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: July 8th, 2021, 1:29 pm It's not really an issue. But yeah it's too early.

Just speculating here. but it's possible these things are either:
- the effect of the programming environments in which they were created (not sure if a recent C++ redistributable would help, but who knows)
- current Windows 11 version related effects (maybe they didn't add compatibility with all kinds of software yet, for that rounded corner skinning of a window)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: July 8th, 2021, 8:42 pm Excellent - good to know! :thumbup: Just curious, your BIOS is an UEFI one, I suppose...
Yes, it is UEFI.

1.jpg