It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:57 pm

Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Weather skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Open image in a new tab for full size preview...
visions4.png
Visions+ Weather
5 weather skins (Current Weather, Current Weather w/Moon, Multi-Day (1 to 6 Days) Weather w/Moon, Moon Data w/Icon, and Moon Icon)

The original skin package and info is here...
NOTE:
None of those skins work due to changes to Weather.com and IOHelix feeds.

Update Mar 18, 2020
Since the package is too large (approx ~ 19 Mb) to attach here, I have added an updated package of all 5 skin variations to my "RM Hosted" skin folder on DA (link below)

I combined 3-Day and 5-Day into an expandable (1~6 Day) Multi-Day skin.
I removed the 9-Day since they are not supported by TWC.
I removed deprecated terms and corrected the moon and weather data collection.
Corrected a few long standing coding errors.
Added @Resources folder; Fonts, Images, Included Measures, Sound, and Weather includes are there.

The skins remain almost unchanged in their functionality, so the instructions available in the skin are still valid for those who want to customize the appearance of any of the graphics.

Credits are still retained by Sgt. E. V. McKay in all skins. :thumbup:

DeviantArt Download Page

EDITS:
Reduced number of skins by combining Black/White Text versions. [V Beta 3b.2020.01.02]
Re-wrote to use TWC JSON and JSMorley's Weather Includes and Locator
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Visions+

Updated Package to Beta 3b.2020.01.02
visionsbeta3b.png
Changes
I agreed to update Sarge's skins to eliminate errors and take advantage of new features in Rainmeter.
The errors were corrected and the code updated in my initial release: Beta 3a.

Now I have made changes that offer better control of the skins, reduce the number of skins, and improve the performance.

The original skins were coded with Black and White text versions. By creating "Themes", I can remove the need for separate skins.
All images were moved to @Resources to improve loading time.

Tooltiptext was added for icons, and several icon images and functions changed, to help you control the skin as described below.
  • Links to Sarge's Fund have been removed (link was dead) and the icon image and function changed to enable toggling the text color(Black/White). There is an "ink drop" icon to the far right to toggle the text color.
  • A locator skin (WXDataLocator by JSMorley) was customized and can be loaded by clicking the "Location:..." text. Search for a location, then click the "code" from the list to update the weather location for all skins. Only the current skin is automatically updated, but all skins will show current location data once they are refreshed or loaded.
  • To toggle between Imperial and Metric data values, click the refresh symbol to the far right. The left refresh symbol will refresh the data.
  • The background toggle icon has been changed and will use colors automatically determined by the Chameleon Plugin by Socks-the-Fox. The plugin is used to pick a color for the background based on the desktop colors behind the skin and the current text color: a darker shade for white text, and a lighter shade for black text. This works best when using "white" text because the Chameleon Foreground Colors (used for black text) do not change very much when desktop color behind the skin changes. Desktop color awareness can be disabled by setting "SkinPositionColor", in the [Variables] section, to zero (default is 1).
All other customization can still be enabled using the information provided by Sarge's Help document. Open "Help" by double-clicking the "?" icon to the upper right. Remember that all images are now at "@Resources\Images" and not in the "Weather" folder.

This get the package pretty well up-to-date with Rainmeter. I may add a context menu in the future to allow alternate access to features/settings.

Comment or suggestions are welcomed.

Link in first post updated...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated Visions+ Weather

V 4.2020.03.18
Rewrote to use TWC JSON data via JSMorley's weather includes and his Locator
Modified multiple day weather skins into 1 Multi-Day (1~6 Days) Weather skin.

Updated link in first post!
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

Am loving this weather skin, but is there any way I can add a custom background image to it so it matches the rest off my skins i have on the screen?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Mascott wrote: June 14th, 2021, 1:42 pm Am loving this weather skin, but is there any way I can add a custom background image to it so it matches the rest off my skins i have on the screen?
You can change the background by editing the [Background_Shader] section of your skin(s). It draws a solid color background based on the Chameleon plugin, but you can change it to an image by adding ImageName=yourimage to the section and commenting out the SolidColor=#Background.color# line.

Code: Select all

[Background_Shader]
Hidden=#HideBack#
Meter=IMAGE
DynamicVariables=1
W=([MoonPhasetext.txt:XW]+80)
;W=#Shader-W#
H=#Shader-H#
;SolidColor=#Background.color#
ImageName=#@#Images\MoonGraphic\shine
Or you can use the default backgrounds/text color options:
visions.gif
Click to animate

Have fun!
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

Thank you electic-tech was exactly what I needed, just need to work out how to make my background cover the whole skin now, for some reason it dose not cover the sun end enough .
nobodycares12345

Post by nobodycares12345 »

Allz I want to do is double the size of everything in the TWC_Multi-Day.ini skin without having larger text display all on top of each other within the skin's main rectangle. The skin is too small on my monitor and/or maybe my eyes are bad. Like, just blowing up the entire skin 200% would be helpful. Just doubling the dimensions of every value in the skin would make this skin all the better for me. Is it possible to do that (without messing everything up like I've already done when I tried)? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Please and thank you!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

nobodycares12345 wrote: July 7th, 2021, 9:29 am Allz I want to do is double the size of everything in the TWC_Multi-Day.ini skin without having larger text display all on top of each other within the skin's main rectangle. The skin is too small on my monitor and/or maybe my eyes are bad. Like, just blowing up the entire skin 200% would be helpful. Just doubling the dimensions of every value in the skin would make this skin all the better for me. Is it possible to do that (without messing everything up like I've already done when I tried)? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Please and thank you!
The easiest way to blow everything up 200% is to use TransformationMatrix (also here). This can be really complicated, but it is best if you just do the following.

Add the following line to every meter in the skin (not the measures, just the meters).

TransformationMatrix=2.0;0;0;2.0;2.0;2.0
You will lose (for now) any features the skin might have to reacting to the mouse (clickable areas, tooltips). These will need to be fixed later if you want them to work. But your goal of blowing up everything by some scale factor will be met. Change the "2.0" to something else if you want to adjust the size by some other scale factor.

Your other alternative is to find another skin that is resizable.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: July 7th, 2021, 12:07 pm Add the following line to every meter in the skin (not the measures, just the meters).

TransformationMatrix=2.0;0;0;2.0;2.0;2.0
This option in this form is not necessary good. Or it's good, however it moves the rescaled meter. The first and fourth parameter (both are set to 2.0 in the above example) are indeed setting the scaling of the meter, however the values of the last two parameters are depending a little bit on the position of the meter. 2.0 for these parameters is not always applicable, or at least doesn't give the expected result (moves the meter). To keep it unmoved you have to modify a little bit the TransformationMatrix. For instance the following option keeps the upper left corner of the meter in the same position: TransformationMatrix=2.0;0;0;2.0;(-[#CURRENTSECTION#:X]);(-[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]) (since section variables are used the option requires to add a DynamicVariables=1 option as well to the meter).
For a more versatile operation add the following option: TransformationMatrix=#Scale#;0;0;#Scale#;([#CURRENTSECTION#:X]*(1-#Scale#));([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]*(1-#Scale#)). In this case Scale is the number indicating the enlargement of the meter and has to be added to the [Variables] section.
TransformationMatrix is definitely a complex option, the math involved is not easy and has to be treated carefully.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

balala wrote: July 7th, 2021, 5:49 pm This option in this form is not necessary good. Or it's good, however it moves the rescaled meter. The first and fourth parameter (both are set to 2.0 in the above example) are indeed setting the scaling of the meter, however the values of the last two parameters are depending a little bit on the position of the meter. 2.0 for these parameters is not always applicable, or at least doesn't give the expected result (moves the meter). To keep it unmoved you have to modify a little bit the TransformationMatrix. For instance the following option keeps the upper left corner of the meter in the same position: TransformationMatrix=2.0;0;0;2.0;(-[#CURRENTSECTION#:X]);(-[#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]) (since section variables are used the option requires to add a DynamicVariables=1 option as well to the meter).
For a more versatile operation add the following option: TransformationMatrix=#Scale#;0;0;#Scale#;([#CURRENTSECTION#:X]*(1-#Scale#));([#CURRENTSECTION#:Y]*(1-#Scale#)). In this case Scale is the number indicating the enlargement of the meter and has to be added to the [Variables] section.
TransformationMatrix is definitely a complex option, the math involved is not easy and has to be treated carefully.
What I posted is perfectly fine for a newbie looking to increase the size of a skin with minimal effort. No need to get into complex hair-splitting unless that is what he was asking for.