It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:03 am

Neon Rings - CPU monitoring and weather suite

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Neon Rings - CPU monitoring and weather suite

Post by death.crafter »

bravo-lemur wrote: July 7th, 2021, 3:30 pm More improvements :)

SettingsSkin.PNG
Lemme ask you this... Why are there only left right up and down?

If you give an angle option with an input text or slider it can literally have any orientation :Whistle
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Oh, wow, that's a really nice suite! :thumbup: It fits perfectly with the background too, and lo and behold, it can be resized - well done!
Not sure with what advice I helped you with, but I'm glad it led to this. Hopefully death.crafter's input will help make this even better. ;-)
bravo-lemur

Post by bravo-lemur »

death.crafter wrote: July 7th, 2021, 4:15 pm Lemme ask you this... Why are there only left right up and down?

If you give an angle option with an input text or slider it can literally have any orientation :Whistle
Mostly to make it as simple and user-friendly as possible! There seems to be quite a few people from Reddit/DeviantArt downloading the skin who have only just discovered Rainmeter, and may struggle to link the input number to the rotation of the gradient (it's not the most intuitive for newbies).

A slider would be cool, but I think I would need to find a way to restrict the output to whole integers - unless gradient rotation can have decimals? I haven't actually tested that out yet.
Yincognito wrote: July 7th, 2021, 9:47 pm Oh, wow, that's a really nice suite! :thumbup: It fits perfectly with the background too, and lo and behold, it can be resized - well done!
Not sure with what advice I helped you with, but I'm glad it led to this. Hopefully death.crafter's input will help make this even better. ;-)
Thank you! I think it was parsing weather variables that you helped with previously :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

bravo-lemur wrote: July 7th, 2021, 11:06 pmThank you! I think it was parsing weather variables that you helped with previously :)
Ah, I see. Well, it's difficult to remember which specific thing you helped multiple users with, hence my "confusion". :D
bravo-lemur wrote: July 7th, 2021, 11:06 pmA slider would be cool, but I think I would need to find a way to restrict the output to whole integers - unless gradient rotation can have decimals? I haven't actually tested that out yet.
Like anticipated, gradient rotation can have decimals:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Step=0.1

[Rainmeter]
Update=25
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

---Measures---

[Angle]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((360+Angle+#Step#)%360)
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[MeterRectangle]
Meter=Shape
X=2
Y=2
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,100,100 | Fill LinearGradient FillGradient | StrokeWidth 4 | Stroke Color 46,115,31,255
FillGradient=[Angle:] | 255,0,0,255 ; 0.0 | 0,255,0,255 ; 0.5 | 0,0,255,255 ; 1.0
DynamicVariables=1
Also, you can easily restrict output to whole integers, just use a Trunc() or a Round() of ($MouseX$*(AngleInterval/SliderWidth)), where $MouseX$ is relative to the meter (aka the Slider). So, simplifying things, if you want to set an integer angle from 0 to 360 on a 720px slider, when the mouse is at 360px horizontal offset from the left side of the slider (i.e. at the half of the slider), the formula will yield (360*(360/720)) = 180, which is exactly what you'd want. Obviously, the slider should preferably be at least 360px wide, so that every integer between 0 and 360 degrees has an integer pixel correspondent.

Or, you can just add an InputText measure and system, where you'd able to set the desired (fractional or not) angle.

Another alternative is to use a plain String meter (showing the angle) to scroll to whatever angle you want (fractional or not), without even needing another meter to set the incrementing / decrementing step, since you can use the same $MouseX$ or $MouseX:%$ to dynamically set the step according to the decimal the mouse is hovering on at the time of scrolling, like here (100 MB skin; middle click to show panels, left click to pause or resume, check the [SpinValue] scrolling for a sample formula using this for integers, or [RValue] for a similar formula for fractional values of precision 3, scroll on different places on a panel's value to see the effect). Basically, it's about adding or subtracting (10**Trunc(HowManyIntegerDigitsAreInNumber-$MouseX:%$*HowManyCharactersAreInNumber/100))) from the current value of the desired "field", in effect setting the step to powers of 10 (e.g. 10^2 = 100, 10^1 = 10, 10^0 = 1, 10^(-1) = 0.1, 10^(-2) = 0.01 and so on), depending on where is the mouse when scrolling (the + and - sign works too here, though it's not an actual digit - the effect is "jumping" from minimum to maximum).
bravo-lemur

Post by bravo-lemur »

Yincognito wrote: July 8th, 2021, 12:55 am Like anticipated, gradient rotation can have decimals:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Step=0.1

[Rainmeter]
Update=25
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

---Measures---

[Angle]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((360+Angle+#Step#)%360)
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[MeterRectangle]
Meter=Shape
X=2
Y=2
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,100,100 | Fill LinearGradient FillGradient | StrokeWidth 4 | Stroke Color 46,115,31,255
FillGradient=[Angle:] | 255,0,0,255 ; 0.0 | 0,255,0,255 ; 0.5 | 0,0,255,255 ; 1.0
DynamicVariables=1
Also, you can easily restrict output to whole integers, just use a Trunc() or a Round() of ($MouseX$*(AngleInterval/SliderWidth)), where $MouseX$ is relative to the meter (aka the Slider). So, simplifying things, if you want to set an integer angle from 0 to 360 on a 720px slider, when the mouse is at 360px horizontal offset from the left side of the slider (i.e. at the half of the slider), the formula will yield (360*(360/720)) = 180, which is exactly what you'd want. Obviously, the slider should preferably be at least 360px wide, so that every integer between 0 and 360 degrees has an integer pixel correspondent.

Or, you can just add an InputText measure and system, where you'd able to set the desired (fractional or not) angle.

Another alternative is to use a plain String meter (showing the angle) to scroll to whatever angle you want (fractional or not), without even needing another meter to set the incrementing / decrementing step, since you can use the same $MouseX$ or $MouseX:%$ to dynamically set the step according to the decimal the mouse is hovering on at the time of scrolling, like here (100 MB skin; middle click to show panels, left click to pause or resume, check the [SpinValue] scrolling for a sample formula using this for integers, or [RValue] for a similar formula for fractional values of precision 3, scroll on different places on a panel's value to see the effect). Basically, it's about adding or subtracting (10**Trunc(HowManyIntegerDigitsAreInNumber-$MouseX:%$*HowManyCharactersAreInNumber/100))) from the current value of the desired "field", in effect setting the step to powers of 10 (e.g. 10^2 = 100, 10^1 = 10, 10^0 = 1, 10^(-1) = 0.1, 10^(-2) = 0.01 and so on), depending on where is the mouse when scrolling (the + and - sign works too here, though it's not an actual digit - the effect is "jumping" from minimum to maximum).
Awesome, thanks! I will try that in my next iteration of the Settings skin :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

bravo-lemur wrote: July 11th, 2021, 4:00 pm Awesome, thanks! I will try that in my next iteration of the Settings skin :)
Excellent! :thumbup:
bravo-lemur

Post by bravo-lemur »

I've added lots to this suite now, with new clock, fans, volume and recycle bin skins. Thank you so much to everyone here for your input (particularly Yincognito, death.crafter and balala) :)

Download link here.
NeonRingsSuitev2.png
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

bravo-lemur wrote: July 14th, 2021, 4:33 pm I've added lots to this suite now, with new clock, fans, volume and recycle bin skins. Thank you so much to everyone here for your input (particularly Yincognito, death.crafter and balala) :)

Download link here.

NeonRingsSuitev2.png
Now this is what I call a nice a** suite. This looks hella good.

Good job👍
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

bravo-lemur wrote: July 14th, 2021, 4:33 pmI've added lots to this suite now, with new clock, fans, volume and recycle bin skins.
Looks great, and consistent with the previous approach. :great: I now bestow the "Lord of the Rings" title upon you. 8-)
This suite is officially ... "my prrrecioussss". :sly:
bravo-lemur

Post by bravo-lemur »

Thank you! :D

Yincognito wrote: July 14th, 2021, 4:46 pm Looks great, and consistent with the previous approach. :great: I now bestow the "Lord of the Rings" title upon you. 8-)
This suite is officially ... "my prrrecioussss". :sly:
Now that is a high honour indeed!