It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:59 am

[BUG] Can't send a number from a formula to an addon in the most recent beta update

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Brian
Developer

Re: [BUG] Can't send a number from a formula to an addon in the most recent beta update

Post by Brian »

Ok, I think I made some progress on this.

Could everyone try this version?

Rainmeter.zip

I believe I tried all the test cases reported so far and all seems to be good.

-Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG] Can't send a number from a formula to an addon in the most recent beta update

Post by Yincognito »

Brian wrote: June 28th, 2021, 6:33 am Ok, I think I made some progress on this.

-Brian
Well, I tested it and, apart from the #*CURRENTSECTION*# quirks that already existed before and you know about, it all seems fine from my end. The !Delay things works, various other "bang replacement variables" do as well as far as I could tell, not sure about Cariboudjan's skin from the first post though.

EDIT: For the record, apart from the !Delay stuff, I also have things like these variables and how they're used:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
SetupTypeIdx=1
GroupTypeIdx=2
MeterTiltIdx=1
LeadDelay0=
LeadDelay1=[!Delay [#*FastUpdate*]]
ModeShift0=[!PauseMeasure Spin][!UpdateMeasure Spin][!UnPauseMeasure Spin][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ModeShift1=[!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 3"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Execute [#*SliderAction*]"]
ModeUpdateDivider=1
SliderAction=3
[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=...[#LeadDelay[#SetupTypeIdx]][#ModeShift[#SetupTypeIdx]]
[Earth]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable ModeUpdateDivider (-[#ModeUpdateDivider])][!SetVariable SliderAction (2+[#ModeUpdateDivider])][#ModeShift[#SetupTypeIdx]]
I guess that counts as "bang replacement variables" combined with the nested and escaped syntax, and it all works fine. I don't have a testing example of such a variable that involves #CURRENTSECTION# like in the OP's skin, so that part will have to be tested by others...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Brian wrote: June 28th, 2021, 6:33 am Ok, I think I made some progress on this.

Rainmeter.zip

-Brian
Bangs are executing normally with this version, and the arguments are working normally as well.