It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:51 am

[Suggestion] * wildcard for 'config' parameter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Cariboudjan

[Suggestion] * wildcard for 'config' parameter

Post by Cariboudjan »

I actually haven't tested this, but I believe this isn't the existing behavior.

[!DisableMouseActionGroup "LeftMouseUpAction" Group *]

Using * to apply bang to all meters containing the Group within all running configs, since !DisableMouseActionGroupGroup isn't an option.

Side note: It is actually pretty confusing how !SetVariableGroup the 'Group' is a reference to the config group, whereas !EnableMouseActionGroup the 'Group' refers to the meter group.

(A "GroupGroup" option for bangs would be awesome, though, or even just another added parameter for the last parameter to refer to the config group)

Example: [!DisableMouseActionGroup "LeftMouseUpAction" "MeterGroup" "ConfigGroup"]
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Suggestion] * wildcard for 'config' parameter

Post by death.crafter »

Cariboudjan wrote: June 15th, 2021, 3:50 pm I actually haven't tested this, but I believe this isn't the existing behavior.

[!DisableMouseActionGroup "LeftMouseUpAction" Group *]

Using * to apply bang to all meters containing the Group within all running configs, since !DisableMouseActionGroupGroup isn't an option.

Side note: It is actually pretty confusing how !SetVariableGroup the 'Group' is a reference to the config group, whereas !EnableMouseActionGroup the 'Group' refers to the meter group.

(A "GroupGroup" option for bangs would be awesome, though, or even just another added parameter for the last parameter to refer to the config group)

Example: [!DisableMouseActionGroup "LeftMouseUpAction" "MeterGroup" "ConfigGroup"]
I am not contesting the suggestion but it seems impossible since two types of parameters can not be used in a single position. !SetVariableGroup's config option uses skin groups since you can have only one variable per skin of the same name. But mouse actions can be assigned multiple times in one skin.

But I guess the wildcard method should work since it works in [!Refresh *]. Well you wouldn't know until you try. :P
from the Realm of Death