It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:49 pm

[SUGGESTION/BUG]Hardware Acceleration Settings

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

[SUGGESTION/BUG]Hardware Acceleration Settings

Post by death.crafter »

Next to Hardware Acceleration check box it's written (Requires restart). And folks take it as a restart of system instead of the app.

Here is a snap:
Screenshot 2021-06-14 170032.png
Change it so that it conveys what it actually means.
P S.: And Brian have a rainmeter restarter in his repo so I don't think it will be very hard to give a restart warning, or a button after you change the settings. Well it is not that big of a problem.
Thanks,
death.crafter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [SUGGESTION/BUG]Hardware Acceleration Settings

Post by jsmorley »

Not an unreasonable observation. Let us look into removing that warning, and instead setting some kind of "dirty / clean" flag that can track when that checkbox is changed, and show / hide a "Restart Rainmeter" button that basically automatically restarts Rainmeter.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

jsmorley wrote: June 14th, 2021, 11:54 am Not an unreasonable observation. Let us look into removing that warning, and instead setting some kind of "dirty / clean" flag that can track when that checkbox is changed, and show / hide a "Restart Rainmeter" button that basically automatically restarts Rainmeter.
While you are at it put a skins folder button somewhere where folks can go over and delete skins. It's a pain typing
Go over to "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins" and delete the skin you want.
Actually what I was gonna suggest is give an delete option natively but I thought you would have considered this a long time ago and decided against it for some reason.
from the Realm of Death
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think that a button to open the Skins folder is just overkill...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

jsmorley wrote: June 14th, 2021, 3:39 pm I think that a button to open the Skins folder is just overkill...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
Lol... Then the phrase becomes
In Manage window right-click on the skin you want to delete and Open folder. Then Move up a directory and delete the skin you want.
Jokes aside thanks for taking your time. You know what's best for the app.
from the Realm of Death