It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:00 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.7.0

Post by SilverAzide »

mborghi wrote: June 11th, 2021, 7:16 pm Hi all, Anyone know how to reduce the bottom margin of the gadgets? So there is less horizontal space between them.
Thanks!
There is actually an invisible margin (or padding) on all sides of each skin. You can see the true size of the skin if you hold down Ctrl+Alt then left-click the skin. If you want less margin on the bottom, you'll also need to change the margin on the top (i.e., changing the bottom is not enough, unless you just want to reduce the space by half). Changing this margin might be a huge amount of work, partly because every skin will be affected, and also if there are any meters that are placed relative to the bottom of the skin. On the other hand, because raiguard used styles like he did, it's still a lot less work than if every skin had a separate background to change.

But in general, to alter the appearance, all you need to do is adjust the background of the skin. This is controlled by a style called [StyleBackground], which you will find in the StyleSheet.inc file. (Changing this will affect every skin.) Some of the background logic also involves a meter that is positioned at the bottom of each skin, [MeterBackgroundHeight].

There is a key variable bgOffset (also found in the StyleSheet.inc file). This controls the offset (or padding) used by the background style.

So to change the margin, first adjust the bgOffset variable to reduce it to the value you prefer. That will change all the margins equally. After that, you can decide whether you want to alter margins further by changing the [StyleBackground] style (which is actually a Shape meter), or tweak the meter [MeterBackgroundHeight] to move it slightly, or both. Probably both.
mborghi

Post by mborghi »

SilverAzide wrote: June 11th, 2021, 9:18 pm There is actually an invisible margin (or padding) on all sides of each skin. You can see the true size of the skin if you hold down Ctrl+Alt then left-click the skin. If you want less margin on the bottom, you'll also need to change the margin on the top (i.e., changing the bottom is not enough, unless you just want to reduce the space by half). Changing this margin might be a huge amount of work, partly because every skin will be affected, and also if there are any meters that are placed relative to the bottom of the skin. On the other hand, because raiguard used styles like he did, it's still a lot less work than if every skin had a separate background to change.

But in general, to alter the appearance, all you need to do is adjust the background of the skin. This is controlled by a style called [StyleBackground], which you will find in the StyleSheet.inc file. (Changing this will affect every skin.) Some of the background logic also involves a meter that is positioned at the bottom of each skin, [MeterBackgroundHeight].

So to change the margin, you'd need to either alter the [StyleBackground] style (which is actually a Shape meter), or tweak the meter [MeterBackgroundHeight] to move it slightly, or both. Probably both.
Thank you very much! I'll give it a try.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mborghi wrote: June 11th, 2021, 9:26 pm Thank you very much! I'll give it a try.
Sorry, I revised my post slightly to reference the bgOffset variable, which is key. Take a look....
lukeeexd

Post by lukeeexd »

Is there any reason the CPU temp would be greyed out?

https://i.tws.gg/ErCJoRzLLH.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

lukeeexd wrote: June 12th, 2021, 5:56 pm Is there any reason the CPU temp would be greyed out?
My guess is that you don't have CoreTemp, SpeedFan, or HWiNFO running and/or configured, therefore the option isn't applicable.
dhmolson

Help with CPU Meter

Post by dhmolson »

I am loving this skin! I even went ahead and bought a subscription to HWiNFO64 Pro so that I can use the GPU Meter without going in to HWiNFO settings every 12 hours to enable shared memory support.

I am experiencing one problem with the CPU Meter skin. Even though I have set up HWiNFO64 Pro and SpeedFan (and also have Core Temp running as well) my CPU Temp always shows up in the CPU Meter skin as 0°C. I checked the SpeedFan Configuration page linked in the CPU Meter Settings page, and it says you have to find the index # of core 0 in SpeedFan and enter it into the CPU Meter Settings page, but in my SpeedFan configuration page there aren't any index numbers and there aren't separate labels for specific cores anyways. Mine just has a label for "CPU". My SpeedFan configuration page looks like this:
-- link deleted --
Can anyone help?

EDIT: I ended up disregarding SpeedFan entirely and just figured out how to change my HWiNFO Configuration settings from within the CPU Meter Settings. I set my 'CPU Package Temperature' skin element to use the sensor ID from the 'CPU (Tctl/Tdie)' sensor in HWiNFO. Did I set this up correctly, or should I be using a different sensor to monitor my CPU temps (such as 'CPU Die (average)' or 'CPU CCD1 (Tdie)')? I have an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU.
Last edited by eclectic-tech on July 27th, 2021, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted unrelated link
dhmolson

Post by dhmolson »

I love the CpuMeter and GpuMeter skins so much that I bought a paid subscription to HWiNFO64 Pro so that I wouldn't have to enable shared memory support every 12 hours. Unfortunately, one of these two skins is causing my Rainmeter to crash. I am running version 1.6.3 because I am not using the Rainmeter 4.4 beta, I am using the 4.3.1 final release. I would really appreciate it if this was fixed, especially since I bought a paid subscription to HWiNFO64 Pro just for this skin. If it will help, I am happy to give my system information or upload a crash dump file. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dhmolson wrote: July 28th, 2021, 10:25 pm I love the CpuMeter and GpuMeter skins so much that I bought a paid subscription to HWiNFO64 Pro so that I wouldn't have to enable shared memory support every 12 hours. Unfortunately, one of these two skins is causing my Rainmeter to crash. I am running version 1.6.3 because I am not using the Rainmeter 4.4 beta, I am using the 4.3.1 final release. I would really appreciate it if this was fixed, especially since I bought a paid subscription to HWiNFO64 Pro just for this skin. If it will help, I am happy to give my system information or upload a crash dump file. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Unfortunately, you really didn't need to buy a subscription to the Pro version. The legacy 6.42 version is still available to download for free, and will work with ModernGadgets. Unless your machine is super new, 6.42 ought to be fine.

I really don't see how either the CPU Meter or GPU Meter skins could be crashing your machine, but perhaps there is an issue someplace. There are a number of items I would try. I assume you've isolated the crash to these skins only by loading skins one at a time until the crash happens. I'd suggest opening the Rainmeter log while you load the skins to see if the log starts showing errors before the crash (alternatively, you can post the Rainmeter.log file here). Putting Rainmeter in debug mode might help as well. I'd try using the latest Rainmeter, the latest ModernGadgets, and I'd also try temporarily reverting HWiNFO to the old 6.42 version to see if either make a difference.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Since presumably HWiNFO is running without crashing, the issue must be something with the skin itself. This is likely some conflict with his system and the HWiNFO plugin.

The good news is that you don't really need the plugin anymore.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/
ebguri

Post by ebguri »

Greetings,
I have been trying to edit the HWiNFO ID settings, but i ran into some trouble : i have no access to the update button, as the window is cut on its right, and I can't change its size or the like.

Apologies if the issue was already answered, I have to admit I just searched through a few of the first and last pages of the topic.