It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:42 am

Combining Functionality FreeDisk and FileView - Limit Output To Root Dir Only?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Combining Functionality FreeDisk and FileView - Limit Output To Root Dir Only?

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:33 pm Alright. Now it's not extremely clear to me: is there anything else we (I) can help you with?
Well, this skin looks really good, and I havent changed anything since posting my most recent .rmskin.

I noticed something my OCD cannot handle, but I can't track down where the anomaly is.

In the first view we see all the drives with nice spacing etc. Then in the sub-folders and all other sub folders, the spacing is less between folder icons.
Yes very picky, but, OCD reasons force me to seek a solution.

Any pointers are appreciated.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Combining Functionality FreeDisk and FileView - Limit Output To Root Dir Only?

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: May 31st, 2021, 3:01 pm Well, this skin looks really good, and I havent changed anything since posting my most recent .rmskin.

I noticed something my OCD cannot handle, but I can't track down where the anomaly is.

In the first view we see all the drives with nice spacing etc. Then in the sub-folders and all other sub folders, the spacing is less between folder icons.
Yes very picky, but, OCD reasons force me to seek a solution.

Any pointers are appreciated.
What is OCD? And attach your skin or a screen recording to show what is happening.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 31st, 2021, 3:01 pm In the first view we see all the drives with nice spacing etc. Then in the sub-folders and all other sub folders, the spacing is less between folder icons.
No, it's not. Just note that the icons of drives are lower (in height) and I suppose this is why it looks like having a different spacing. But it's not, there is no reason for this.
FileView.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:01 pm And attach your skin or a screen recording to show what is happening.
It's here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37610#p191215
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

File Folder Gif.gif
The names of my drives are actually in that font and was not put into the skin btw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:54 pm The names of my drives are actually in that font and was not put into the skin btw.
Sorry, but I don't understand this. Don't see its relevance, since we have discussed about the icons.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:54 pm File Folder Gif.gif

The names of my drives are actually in that font and was not put into the skin btw.
It's the icons and the fonts both as Balala pointed out. And it's because you use relative positioning. When your icons and font change so does the co-ordinate of the bottom right of each meters. The solution to this is using fixed X and Y co-ordinates for each meter. That wouldn't be so had since you have limited number of meters.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Sorry, but I am not clear where or which each Meter's Y value would be changed. With all of the meterstyles I am getting lost.

Any further explanation/s is/are appreciated.

I changed the R positioning in the IconStyle meters to r positioning and now the icons are consistently appearing in sub-folders, but the text is still showing up a few pixels too high.
File Folder Subfolder Text Too High.gif
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 31st, 2021, 8:18 pm Sorry, but I am not clear where or which each Meter's Y value would be changed. With all of the meterstyles I am getting lost.
Try the following ones in the File Folder\@Resources\FileMeters.inc file:

Code: Select all

[Index1]
Y=73

[Index2]
Y=136

[Index3]
Y=199

[Index4]
Y=262

[Index5]
Y=325

[Index6]
Y=388

[Index7]
Y=451
I also would remove the Y=80 option of the [Index1Icon] meter from within the same file.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Sorry, but for me that changed nothing.

I am also trying this: IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOptionGroup Popup Text "%1"][!!SetOption InfoStyle Y "14r"]
But ofc it does not work.

Hmmm....