It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:45 am

Combining Functionality FreeDisk and FileView - Limit Output To Root Dir Only?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Combining Functionality FreeDisk and FileView - Limit Output To Root Dir Only?

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:22 pm Yes, in fact you are. It is changeable, as you can see in the above case. The Text="%1 %2" option is defined into the [InfoStyle] section (which is a meter style section) in the @Resources\MeterStyles.inc file and used in the [Index1Info], [Index2Info] and so on. However it had been altered with !SetOption / !SetOptionGroup bangs.
When a style section is used, the options posted into this style section are used by the appropriate meters exactly like they would be posted directly into the meter itself.
May be I didn't make myself clear. I tried to do this:

Code: Select all

[mPath]
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption InfoStyle Text "%1 %2"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption InfoStyle Text "%1"]

OnChangeAction=[!UpdateMeterGroup PopUp][!Redraw]

[InfoStyle]
Text="%1"

[Index1Info]
[Index2Info]
And it didn't work ofc.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Re: Combining Functionality FreeDisk and FileView - Limit Output To Root Dir Only?

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: May 26th, 2021, 2:54 am May be I didn't make myself clear. I tried to do this:

[mPath]
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption InfoStyle Text "%1 %2"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption InfoStyle Text "%1"]

OnChangeAction=[!UpdateMeterGroup PopUp][!Redraw]

[InfoStyle]
Text="%1"

[Index1Info]
[Index2Info]
And it didn't work ofc.
Same here, the catch was how the FreeSpace Measure was being referenced.
Not "wrong" just missing a point in-hand to incorporate.^^

Is it ok if i release this skin? as posted in the previous post?
I still might add a few tweaks, but being satisfied relies on OCD reasons :lol:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: May 26th, 2021, 2:54 am May be I didn't make myself clear. I tried to do this:
No, this way it doesn't work indeed. You have to set the option with the !setoption bang on the meter where the style section is used, not on the style section itself. For instance in the above case:

[mPath]
IfMatchAction=[!SetOptionGroup Popup Text "%1 %2"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Popup"][!Redraw]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOptionGroup Popup Text "%1"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Popup"][!Redraw]
As you can see the Text option is not applied directly to the [InfoStyle] section, where it is set, but to the Popup meters group, which is using the [InfoStyle] section.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2021, 2:23 am So, I am very happy on how that all panned out with both balala and death.dealer helping, this skin is really tidy and simply pretty, IMO.

Thanks again!
FileFolder_2.4.rmskin
Am I missing something? In this version the label is still shown even when a drive is open.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2021, 12:47 pm Am I missing something? In this version the label is still shown even when a drive is open.
I might have attached the wrong rmskin. I will replace it with the working copy.

****The Working Copy of File Folder, is now replaced with v3.0.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2021, 1:19 pm I might have attached the wrong rmskin. I will replace it with the working copy.

****The Working Copy of File Folder, is now replaced with v3.0.
Alright. Now it's not extremely clear to me: is there anything else we (I) can help you with?
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:33 pm Alright. Now it's not extremely clear to me: is there anything else we (I) can help you with?
I've learned quite a lot with this skin. Between balala and death.dealer, more than a few details of Rainmeter script have been brought to light.
But for now, I'm happy with how it looks.

Thanks guys. :thumbup: :thumbup:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2021, 11:38 pm I've learned quite a lot with this skin. Between balala and death.dealer, more than a few details of Rainmeter script have been brought to light.
But for now, I'm happy with how it looks.

Thanks guys. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Please for the love of Devil stop calling me death.dealer. I have a hunch it's intentional 😂. And congrats on getting it all together👍
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: May 26th, 2021, 11:43 pm Please for the love of Devil stop calling me death.dealer. I have a hunch it's intentional 😂. And congrats on getting it all together👍
Sorry, death.crafter. It wasnt intentional. I am really bad with remembering names - always was. :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 26th, 2021, 11:38 pm I've learned quite a lot with this skin.
I'm glad if you did. :thumbup: