It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:52 pm

[Solved]Unexpected behavior of "Shape Meter" when "combining combined shapes"

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Possible fault in combine option in shape meter

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 7:33 pm Yes, transform modifiers act a bit differently than attribute modifiers, since the transformations are operated first. There are differences like this in certain areas of Rainmeter, probably because of the time and the approach used when implementing them. I guess in your actual usage scenario you can't combine the desired shapes in one go? That might be a reasonable workaround until the issue is better looked at by the devs.
I know the work around for what I want to do, but I thought I should bring it into view.
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Possible fault in combine option in shape meter

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 7:52 pm I know the work around for what I want to do, but I thought I should bring it into view.
Yes, it was the right thing to do. If it's a bug it should be known and fixed, if it's not a bug then some insight as to why it happens (and maybe some other approach to get what you want) is useful as well. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Brian
Developer

Re: [Bug]Unexpected behavior of "Shape Meter" when "combining combined shapes"

Post by Brian »

(Note: I moved the previous 6 posts into this thread from the "Shape meter help" thread)

Yes, this is definitely a bug, and it is fixed for the next beta.

As Yincognito eluded to, this problem is specific to a combined shapes "parent" shape which also happens to be a combined shape. Internally, combined shapes "clone" their parent shape before combining with any subsequent shape. It *was* assumed that the parent shape (the "clone") was not a previously combined shape. This problem affected all shapes except the Path shape which "clones" things differently.

-Brian
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Brian wrote: May 24th, 2021, 6:36 am (Note: I moved the previous 6 posts into this thread from the "Shape meter help" thread)

As Yincognito eluded to, this problem is specific to a combined shapes "parent" shape which also happens to be a combined shape. Internally, combined shapes "clone" their parent shape before combining with any subsequent shape. It *was* assumed that the parent shape (the "clone") was not a previously combined shape. This problem affected all shapes except the Path shape which "clones" things differently.

-Brian
I'll let the OP check out how it works now, but I have a bit of a side question: when you moved the related posts here and then replied, I wasn't notified that you did. Is this normal, or it has to do with some forum settings or something you forgot to "check" when moving the posts? Just curious...

EDIT: Nevermind, it probably has to do with the fact that my replies were initially only in the other thread and not here.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Brian wrote: May 24th, 2021, 6:36 am (Note: I moved the previous 6 posts into this thread from the "Shape meter help" thread)

-Brian
I am happy that it is an fixable bug as my skin's smooth operation depends on it. Not in a hurry, but when can we expect the next beta?

Edit: I didn't see the announcement before posting. :Whistle
from the Realm of Death