It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:16 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Hilary Querrien

Re: Gadgets 6.0.2 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Hilary Querrien »

Aww. Thank you for remembering me. I've been a quiet but happy user.

And yes, it is a gaming machine. I didn't realise it had 2 ethernet ports - I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with the other one. Especially as it's apparently 2.5Mb rather than 1Mb so it's not like the router would like having it plugged in. I'm pretty sure it was overpriced as it was the only range on the shops that hadn't sold out...

So the network things I have got are:

1st Interface - 2.5Mb ethernet
2nd Interface - 1Mb ethernet <=== which is the one that is connected
3rd Interface - wireless

So I had to go to the configuration and type in the 2nd ethernet adapter name.

I went and looked at the log and it contains this error:

Code: Select all

ActiveNet.dll: Name=Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I225-V invalid; adapter not found (Gadgets\Network Meter\Network Meter.ini - [MeasureEthernetStatus])
(twice)

After a long hard look, that wasn't (quite) the same name as the name that task manager had for the interface (it said 'Connector') and I changed it to match and now it's working fine :oops: sorry. I did think I'd put it in correctly because it started showing the receive and transmit rates graphs (which were 0 for the default interface)
*hugs* - Hil
Rometas

Post by Rometas »

@SilverAzide, since Rainmeter Beta 4.4 and HwInfo 7.02 the cpu load of the combination Rainmeter-HwInfo-Gadgets is very cpu consuming. Before with the old versions it was about 1-2% cpu usage. Now it is up to 6-8% on the same (not very fast) pc.

Will this get better with Rainmeter update nonbeta or do you know what the issue is?
Thanks.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hilary Querrien wrote: May 10th, 2021, 7:19 pm Aww. Thank you for remembering me. I've been a quiet but happy user.

And yes, it is a gaming machine. I didn't realise it had 2 ethernet ports - I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with the other one. Especially as it's apparently 2.5Mb rather than 1Mb so it's not like the router would like having it plugged in. I'm pretty sure it was overpriced as it was the only range on the shops that hadn't sold out...

So the network things I have got are:

1st Interface - 2.5Mb ethernet
2nd Interface - 1Mb ethernet <=== which is the one that is connected
3rd Interface - wireless

So I had to go to the configuration and type in the 2nd ethernet adapter name.

I went and looked at the log and it contains this error:

Code: Select all

ActiveNet.dll: Name=Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I225-V invalid; adapter not found (Gadgets\Network Meter\Network Meter.ini - [MeasureEthernetStatus])
(twice)

After a long hard look, that wasn't (quite) the same name as the name that task manager had for the interface (it said 'Connector') and I changed it to match and now it's working fine :oops: sorry. I did think I'd put it in correctly because it started showing the receive and transmit rates graphs (which were 0 for the default interface)
Ah, OK! Glad you got it working!

You should be fine now, but I'd recommend a minor change to your configuration since you aren't using the 2.5Gb ethernet connection. It should save you some typing as well. Open the Network Meter Settings by clicking the wrench icon. Then, next to the "Ethernet Interface" prompt, click the little gear icon. It should attempt to find your ethernet adapter and enter the name in for you automagically. Then do this for the "Wireless Interface". The "Broadband Interface" you can either leave blank or enter the name of your other (unused) ethernet adapter. If clicking the gear icons don't do anything, then click the "List my network adapters" link. This will pop open a list of the adapters, which you can use to copy-and-paste the appropriate names without worrying about typos. If any adapters show "True" in the "Virtual" column, ignore them.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Rometas wrote: May 10th, 2021, 7:50 pm @SilverAzide, since Rainmeter Beta 4.4 and HwInfo 7.02 the cpu load of the combination Rainmeter-HwInfo-Gadgets is very cpu consuming. Before with the old versions it was about 1-2% cpu usage. Now it is up to 6-8% on the same (not very fast) pc.

Will this get better with Rainmeter update nonbeta or do you know what the issue is?
Thanks.
Yes, there is an increased CPU load with the v6.x Gadgets. It's not Rainmeter and it's probably not HWiNFO (I don't think so, anyway). I made a major change to the Gadgets so they don't constantly refresh whenever you change a setting, and it had a noticeable performance impact. On my machine it went from about ~1.5% to ~2.5%. If your PC is not very fast, I guess it could be worse, as you say. I will probably revert this change and put it back to the way it was, but it will take me some time as it will be a lot of work to undo everything. If you can tolerate the increased CPU load for a little while, hang in there while I make the revisions and issue a new release. If you enable the Update Checker, it will ping you when the next release comes out. Sorry about that!
Hilary Querrien

Post by Hilary Querrien »

Sadly, when I click the little gear icon, it always gives me the 1st ethernet adapter which is why I ended up mistyping it in. though using copy and paste from the list would make it less easy to mess up. Hopefully this won't happen for another few years though!
*hugs* - Hil
Rometas

Post by Rometas »

SilverAzide wrote: May 10th, 2021, 8:18 pmSorry about that!
Thanks, very nice. Good to know, where it comes from.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 6.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets has been released!

6.1.0 - 2021-05-14
  • Enhanced Digital Clock to allow optional display of day/week/quarter (contributed by djamman).
  • Reverted dynamic settings enhancement added to all skins in v6.0.0 due to performance degradation.
  • Revised NetMonitor service for rare case where network activity could be reported incorrectly after switching adapters. (Upgrading the service is optional.)
  • Updated to .NET Framework 4.8.
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional.
MREBoy

Post by MREBoy »

Hello again,

Updated to 6.1.0 today, now in CPU Meter the temps displayed for my CPU cores are "sticking" at whatever high they have hit recently. I noticed this when I fired up HandBrake to encode some video and as usual it pegs my i7 8700K @ 100% across all 6 cores and the temps get up into the 160F+ range, but they didn't go back down to their usual 110-120s after the encode finished. Refreshing the skin resets the temps to whatever they are at that moment. I checked About Rainmeter/Skins/Gadgets/All CPU Meter and HWiNFO_CPU0_DTS_Core0Temp through HWiNFO_CPU0_DTS_Core5Temp have the right index numbers showing.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MREBoy wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 6:12 am Hello again,

Updated to 6.1.0 today, now in CPU Meter the temps displayed for my CPU cores are "sticking" at whatever high they have hit recently. I noticed this when I fired up HandBrake to encode some video and as usual it pegs my i7 8700K @ 100% across all 6 cores and the temps get up into the 160F+ range, but they didn't go back down to their usual 110-120s after the encode finished. Refreshing the skin resets the temps to whatever they are at that moment. I checked About Rainmeter/Skins/Gadgets/All CPU Meter and HWiNFO_CPU0_DTS_Core0Temp through HWiNFO_CPU0_DTS_Core5Temp have the right index numbers showing.
Uhhh... Oops? I see what you are saying. Looks like I broke something. :headbang:
I'll release a fix ASAP. Thank you for reporting!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 6.1.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released!

6.1.1 - 2021-05-22
  • Corrected All CPU Meter to handle CPUs running in NUMA mode.
  • Enhanced ActiveNet plugin to add CpuNumaNodes type to return the total number of NUMA nodes for processors running in NUMA mode.
  • Corrected All CPU Meter regression issue where core temperatures would not update.
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release.