It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:27 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
aaron.poter85

Re: Gadgets 6.0.2 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by aaron.poter85 »

hi how do i fix this issue, all worked great on version 5 but now all i see is this, how do i fix :D
basic info:
cpu: Ryzen 7 2700X
gpu: nvidia gtx 2060 super 8gb
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

aaron.poter85 wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:13 am hi how do i fix this issue, all worked great on version 5 but now all i see is this, how do i fix :D
basic info:
cpu: Ryzen 7 2700X
gpu: nvidia gtx 2060 super 8gb
It appears like you have not configured the HWiNFO sensors or the Gadgets themselves. Gadgets 5.x and earlier used a plugin to fetch HWiNFO data. This has completely changed in Gadgets 6.x because of a major change to HWiNFO v7.x, and a plugin is no longer needed.

The first thing to do is download and install HWiNFO v7.02 (or later). The complete instructions for configuring HWiNFO are here: HOW TO Configure HWiNFO.

Once the HWiNFO sensors are configured, open the Settings for either the CPU Meter or GPU Meter and click the Notepad icon to open the HWiNFO Gadgets config settings. You'll need the index list as well. Read the comment section at the top of the file for guidance on how to handle your AMD CPU, as it differs from Intel CPUs in how it reports temperatures. While it looks like a lot of steps, configuration is actually a lot simpler than before; no more copy-and-paste of bunches of long obscure hex numbers!

Additional info here:
HOW TO Configure the All CPU Meter to show core temperatures
HOW TO Configure the GPU Meter

P.S.: Check out the new CPU Meter setting for AMD CPUs. You can UNcheck the "Show Temperatures Per-Core" option to show a single temperature instead of having the same temp repeated for every core.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
aaron.poter85

Post by aaron.poter85 »

SilverAzide wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 3:00 pm It appears like you have not configured the HWiNFO sensors or the Gadgets themselves. Gadgets 5.x and earlier used a plugin to fetch HWiNFO data. This has completely changed in Gadgets 6.x because of a major change to HWiNFO v7.x, and a plugin is no longer needed.

The first thing to do is download and install HWiNFO v7.02 (or later). The complete instructions for configuring HWiNFO are here: HOW TO Configure HWiNFO.

Once the HWiNFO sensors are configured, open the Settings for either the CPU Meter or GPU Meter and click the Notepad icon to open the HWiNFO Gadgets config settings. You'll need the index list as well. Read the comment section at the top of the file for guidance on how to handle your AMD CPU, as it differs from Intel CPUs in how it reports temperatures. While it looks like a lot of steps, configuration is actually a lot simpler than before; no more copy-and-paste of bunches of long obscure hex numbers!

Additional info here:
HOW TO Configure the All CPU Meter to show core temperatures
HOW TO Configure the GPU Meter

P.S.: Check out the new CPU Meter setting for AMD CPUs. You can UNcheck the "Show Temperatures Per-Core" option to show a single temperature instead of having the same temp repeated for every core.
thank you SilverAzide have done and all works great now, love this skin
MREBoy

Post by MREBoy »

Minor issue in that I can't get Fan Speed to display at all in the CPU Meter -

Rainmeter 4.4.0.3447, HWiNfo 7.02-4430, Plugins 6.0.2 - check
I am running CoreTemp & HWiNFO at the same time
Fan Speed detected by HWiNFO, Report Value checked, it was assigned index #2,
HWiNFOIndexList.txt has index 2 listed as "2 ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Nuvoton NCT6793D) CPU 549 RPM
"
HWiNFO.inc has "HWiNFO_MOBO_CPUFanSpeed=2" check
No fan speed displayed in gadget, just using Firefox the fan speed is ~550ish
Everything else I have configured is displaying correctly

Only odd thing I can find is that in the Rainmeter log file the following line is repeated 5 times in 5 seconds, timestamped about when Rainmeter auto-starts with my computer:
"ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\redacted\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\GPU Meter\GPU #0\ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Nuvoton NCT6793D).png (Gadgets\GPU Meter\GPU #0\GPU Meter.ini)

That msg has the make/model of my motherboard and that whole ASUS ROG STRIX bit is the header for a section in the HWiNFO sensors window where the CPU Fan Speed is showing (listed as just "CPU"). Kind of weird it thinks its something in GPU Meter ?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MREBoy wrote: May 4th, 2021, 4:30 am Minor issue in that I can't get Fan Speed to display at all in the CPU Meter -

Rainmeter 4.4.0.3447, HWiNfo 7.02-4430, Plugins 6.0.2 - check
I am running CoreTemp & HWiNFO at the same time
Fan Speed detected by HWiNFO, Report Value checked, it was assigned index #2,
HWiNFOIndexList.txt has index 2 listed as "2 ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Nuvoton NCT6793D) CPU 549 RPM
"
HWiNFO.inc has "HWiNFO_MOBO_CPUFanSpeed=2" check
No fan speed displayed in gadget, just using Firefox the fan speed is ~550ish
Everything else I have configured is displaying correctly

Only odd thing I can find is that in the Rainmeter log file the following line is repeated 5 times in 5 seconds, timestamped about when Rainmeter auto-starts with my computer:
"ImageName: Unable to open: C:\Users\redacted\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\GPU Meter\GPU #0\ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Nuvoton NCT6793D).png (Gadgets\GPU Meter\GPU #0\GPU Meter.ini)

That msg has the make/model of my motherboard and that whole ASUS ROG STRIX bit is the header for a section in the HWiNFO sensors window where the CPU Fan Speed is showing (listed as just "CPU"). Kind of weird it thinks its something in GPU Meter ?
Wow, this is weird. There seem to be two different unrelated problems here, but they are both probably your HWiNFO configuration.

For the CPU Meter fan speed issue, make sure you have the "Show Fan Usage" option checked in the Settings (sorry, I gotta mention the obvious stuff first). If that's OK, the next thing to check is the About screen, Skins tab. Select the All CPU Meter skin. Locate the measure named CalcIsHWiNFOInUse and make sure that the string value is "Yes" (the number value should be a non-zero value). It should look like this (showing both HWiNFO and CoreTemp active):
Screenshot 2021-05-04 073624.png
If HWiNFO is not detected, then this might be why your CPU Meter is not showing any fan: because it is actually using CoreTemp instead, and CoreTemp doesn't report fan speeds. Make sure your HWiNFO sensor configuration includes the CPU core temperature sensors, and the your HWiNFO settings are mapped to it. Let me know if this part is OK, and if it is, we can dig into this a little further.

The second item you mentioned (about the log errors), is actually your GPU Meter being misconfigured. It appears that you have mapped a motherboard sensor of some type to your GPU temperature configuration. Make sure your HWiNFO GPU temperature sensor index is mapped to the HWiNFO_GPU0_Temp variable. If it helps, you can zip up your HWiNFOIndexList.txt file and your HWiNFO.inc file and attach them here.

One final note, is that while you can run both HWiNFO and CoreTemp, the CPU Meter will only use one or the other, depending on your configuration. The CPU Meter will not use both at the same time, it will only use whichever one is configured, with HWiNFO being preferred if both are configured.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MREBoy

Post by MREBoy »

Hello again,

Got the Fan Speed to be reported finally, only took 3 passes at turning on things in HWiNFO & putting index #s in HWiNFO.inc very slowly :vomit: tl,dr: I didn't have monitoring for all the required things turned on in HWiNFO + some mixed up indexes. This was probably in part because HWiNFO does not assign index numbers in the order you click them on, its always in the order of 0 to whatever starting from the very top thing in the list you turn on. If you go back and add something in the middle of the list everything below that gets bumped up one index number, so I wound up turning on everything that needed monitoring before even looking at the assigned #s. Once I got this straightened out the error messages about the missing Nuvoton PNG also disappeared.

Thanks for the reply though !
Venum0

Post by Venum0 »

Hey,

this update is trash.
Always freshly installed my Win 10 without issues.
Now already deinstalled and installed HwInfo and still dont show the temps.

https://encrypting.host/embed/7UP3mhjzn7.png?key=sWKI8392kRuOS5

And everything is setted up as in HW turorial in the screens
Last edited by Brian on May 6th, 2021, 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited for language.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Venum0 wrote: May 6th, 2021, 9:17 pm Hey,

this update is trash.
Always freshly installed my Win 10 without issues.
Now already deinstalled and installed HwInfo and still dont show the temps.

https://encrypting.host/embed/7UP3mhjzn7.png?key=sWKI8392kRuOS5

And everything is setted up as in HW turorial in the screens
Sorry, not trash, the problem is your configuration. You clearly have not followed the instructions. Post your HWINFOIndexList.txt and HWiNFO.inc file and I'll show you where you went wrong.

And watch your language or I'll permanently kick you off this site.
Hilary Querrien

Post by Hilary Querrien »

Hi. I think I broke something with the weather meter. i got a new PC and installed rainmeter and the lovely sidebar gadgets. and it worked until I rebooted, and now it continually says not connecting
edit: *blush* i think i may have overwritten with my settings from a previous version when I was transferring data over from the old pc - I reinstalled the gadget and it's working fine now.

Also. on a slightly different tag, my new PC has 2 ethernet ports (! - I have no idea why). My router is connected to port number two. Once I'd found out how to point the network gadget to that, it starting display usage fine. But the peak usage is stuck at zero. Do I need to do something else? (It's the simple version, not the pro version)

Thank you lots

Hils
*hugs* - Hil
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hilary Querrien wrote: May 10th, 2021, 8:18 am Also. on a slightly different tag, my new PC has 2 ethernet ports (! - I have no idea why). My router is connected to port number two. Once I'd found out how to point the network gadget to that, it starting display usage fine. But the peak usage is stuck at zero. Do I need to do something else? (It's the simple version, not the pro version)

Thank you lots

Hils
Hi Hilary! Nice hearing from you again. Sorry you are having issues! The "peak" usage being stuck at zero is a new one! And so is having a PC with two network cards; maybe it is a gaming machine or server? In any case, it should be working, so hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

First, can you check the log? Right-click the Rainmeter icon and select About. On the Log tab, you should not see any errors, just info messages about reading, refreshing, etc. If you do see errors, please post them here (you can right-click the message to copy the text to the clipboard).

Second, can you tell me how you have the Network Meter configured? You can select up to three adapters if you want to monitor everything, or you can leave the adapter configuration blank. So I'm wondering which option you are using. If you can, in the Settings, click the "List my adapters" link and copy the list here (I'm just wanting to check for mismatches or duplicates).

Finally, I am aware of some minor issues that I will be correcting in the next release, but they shouldn't be affecting the peak usage calculation.