It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:49 am

Creating an .rmskin file is not including the dll from all the plugins it uses?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Creating an .rmskin file is not including the dll from all the plugins it uses?

Post by CodeCode »

Hi,
So I have been distributing rmskins of different suites I have made and usually include modded skins from other suites as well - some of those have their own dll, and especially the MSIAfterburner.dll is not being included in my rmskin suite for sharing.

What am I doing/not doing that is causing that to happen?

Thanks for any help.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Creating an .rmskin file is not including the dll from all the plugins it uses?

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 5th, 2021, 5:04 am What am I doing/not doing that is causing that to happen?
Don't exactly know what and how are you doing, but you have to add the plugins (because I suppose these are what are you talking about) on the first step of skin installer package creatioon, by clicking the Add plugin button. Both the 32- and 64-bit versions of the plugin have to be added.
SkinPackager.png
CodeCode

Re: Creating an .rmskin file is not including the dll from all the plugins it uses?

Post by CodeCode »

Wow. That is so obvious, and I missed it completely. :oops:

Thanks balala.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 5th, 2021, 10:45 am Wow. That is so obvious, and I missed it completely. :oops:
Alright, I'm glad. Note that the appropriate versions of the not-included plugins are placed into the c:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins\ folder. If you're include them into the config and create the skin installer whit a such config, containing a plugin .dll file, it won't be included into the above folder and won't be used by the skin. That's why you have to add the plugins as described above. Additionally if you add them this way, the installer will copy the proper version of it (the x64 or x86 version, depending on your system) into the Plugins folder.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

I am still having trouble with the plugins.

For example, AppVolume is only a 64 bit dll. But the selection requires a 32 bit version if anything at all, I would like to include this one in my suite, as i have a modded version that fits my design.

Also, I have manually added other dlls that do have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but in the rmskin the dlls are not being installed, and do not show up in the rmskin install process window.

Not sure if that makes sense, but I am happy to elaborate if needed.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

CodeCode wrote: May 7th, 2021, 4:22 am I am still having trouble with the plugins.

For example, AppVolume is only a 64 bit dll
https://github.com/khanhas/AppVolumePlugin/releases/tag/1.2.3 This says you can download 32 and 64 bit plugin.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Active Colors wrote: May 7th, 2021, 6:13 am https://github.com/khanhas/AppVolumePlugin/releases/tag/1.2.3 This says you can download 32 and 64 bit plugin.
Thanks! :great:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Probably the easiest way to manage 32bit-64bit plugin files for creating .rmskin files is to use the @Vault folder.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/distributing-skins/vault-folder/

So anytime you install a .rmskin that distributes a plugin, both the 32bit and 64bit versions of the plugin .dll files will be stored in @Vault. That makes it pretty easy to find them when you want to create your own .rmskin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 7th, 2021, 4:22 am For example, AppVolume is only a 64 bit dll.
Beside jsmorley's reply your system probably is a x64 and as such only this version of the plugin is installed. However on this forum here you can find the skin installer (the AppVolume_1.2.3.rmskin file), which, as usually, includes both versions of the plugin.
But if you already got it installed, the easiest way is indeed the one described by jsmorley: find both versions of the plugin into the @Vault folder.
CodeCode wrote: May 7th, 2021, 4:22 am Also, I have manually added other dlls that do have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but in the rmskin the dlls are not being installed, and do not show up in the rmskin install process window.
Then you're doing something wrong. If you add the appropriate both versions, the plugins are installed. So, how are you creating the skin installer? Please describe the process step-by-step.