It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:44 am

Skins move from the external monitor to the laptop

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MrMuffin2002

Skins move from the external monitor to the laptop

Post by MrMuffin2002 »

I have a laptop and I have an external monitor connected to that laptop. I placed skins on this external monitor and when I remove my laptop from the monitor, the skins inadvertently move to my laptop. Can I change this somehow? Maybe that the skins stay docked even if no HDMI cable is plugged in.
CodeCode

Re: Skins move from the external monitor to the laptop

Post by CodeCode »

The second display is really just and extension of the laptop. So you might want to make different LAYOUT for when that display is not online.
There is a tab in the manage rainmeter window - which you get to from the system tray by the clock on the taskbar.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
MrMuffin2002

Post by MrMuffin2002 »

CodeCode wrote: May 4th, 2021, 2:09 pm The second display is really just and extension of the laptop. So you might want to make different LAYOUT for when that display is not online.
There is a tab in the manage rainmeter window - which you get to from the system tray by the clock on the taskbar.
I have now found nothing underneath, nothing. Can you explain to me exactly how I do a different layout?
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

2021-05-04_08h28_35.png
Save your layout then select it and load.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
MrMuffin2002

Post by MrMuffin2002 »

For me there is only somehow Skins, Game Mode and Settings.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MrMuffin2002 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 2:40 pm Can you explain to me exactly how I do a different layout?
A few details on layouts: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#LayoutsTab
To create (save) a layout you have to:
  • Open all skins you want to be included in the layout and unload all you'd like to exclude from the layout. Arange the loaded layouts as you want (the layout saves the loaded skins, their positions, but doesn't save the settings of skins, those set and saved into the skins themselves).
  • Click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area. This opens the Manage Rainmeter dialog.
  • Click the Layout tab.
  • Enter a name you want to save the layout with into the Name field. You can use whatever name you want, but it's a good idea to use an expressive name, which you later can identify.
  • A good idea is to check the "Exclude unloaded skins". If you do this, the layout won't include the data of skins which previously have been loaded, but now are unloaded. This way the layout will be shorten and the loading of layout will go on quicker (even if on a decent computer configuration, this doesn't matter too much).
  • Click the Save button, near the field where you entered the name of the layout.
  • After saving, you get the new layout name in the Saved layouts list. You can load anytime a saved layout either by clicking it on this list and clicking the Load button, or by right clicking the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, go to Layouts and click the name of de desired layout in the submenu.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MrMuffin2002 wrote: May 4th, 2021, 3:52 pm For me there is only somehow Skins, Game Mode and Settings.
If you're talking about the tabs in the Manage Rainmeter dialog, I doubt, to be honest. Between the Skins and the Game mode tabs, you have to have a Layout tab as well, as you can see in CyberTheWorm's screenshot. Isn't it there?
2021-05-04_08h28_35.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.