It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:11 pm

How Do I Simply Load A True .gadget File Using Rainmeter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
AtIonSfo

How Do I Simply Load A True .gadget File Using Rainmeter?

Post by AtIonSfo »

Using Windows 10 19042.964 20H2 x64, and I have the following "gadget" that I used faithfully back in Windows 7:
http://win10gadgets.com/hud-time-12h-sec/

Have looked everywhere, from YouTube, to the forums right here. No one seems to want to touch on how to, "import" or load an official old school .gadget file, with Rainmeter.

I really miss this one, ...any help?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How Do I Simply Load A True .gadget File Using Rainmeter?

Post by balala »

AtIonSfo wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 7:44 pm No one seems to want to touch on how to, "import" or load an official old school .gadget file, with Rainmeter.
No way to import such a file. Rainmeter works with .ini files, this is the format which can be loaded in Rainmeter. The .gadget files can be loaded / imported in Windows 7 sidebar, but not in Rainmeter.
Sorry...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How Do I Simply Load A True .gadget File Using Rainmeter?

Post by SilverAzide »

AtIonSfo wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 7:44 pm Using Windows 10 19042.964 20H2 x64, and I have the following "gadget" that I used faithfully back in Windows 7:
http://win10gadgets.com/hud-time-12h-sec/

Have looked everywhere, from YouTube, to the forums right here. No one seems to want to touch on how to, "import" or load an official old school .gadget file, with Rainmeter.

I really miss this one, ...any help?
This would be extremely easy to recreate yourself if you like it. There are many many clock skins that are even nicer looking than that one. Here is one that is fairly close to the Sidebar Gadget, HUDTime. You could easily adjust a few things (like the font, positioning, etc.) to get it to look exactly like the one you like.