It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:31 am

doesnt open unless i delete rainmeter.ini

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Gustiviy

doesnt open unless i delete rainmeter.ini

Post by Gustiviy »

opening rainmeter crashes unless i delete the ini file. loading any skin also crashes even with hardware acceleration turned off
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: doesnt open unless i delete rainmeter.ini

Post by balala »

Gustiviy wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 1:09 pm opening rainmeter crashes unless i delete the ini file. loading any skin also crashes even with hardware acceleration turned off
I probably would say you have a skin which have an endless loop or something else which Rainmeter can't deal with, however if loading any skin and you still get Rainmeter crashing, is weird. What you mean by "delete the ini file"? Did you delete Rainmeter.ini or the .ini file of a skin?
If you didn't try, you should close Rainmeter and delete Rainmeter.ini (located here: c:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini - supposing you have a not-portable instalation of Rainmeter). When you relaunch Rainmeter, four illustro skins should load (Clock, Disk, System and Welcome). These skins are alright, they for sure are loading appropriately (unless you've rewrote any of them). Are they loading?
If they are, try loading a new skin, something which doesn't belong to the illustro package. Can you load sucha skin?