It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:11 am

Network Module

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Irontugboat

Network Module

Post by Irontugboat »

Hello I am just starting out and have a few questions for the group.

I have the illsutro skin and the network module. I found the forum that will allow it to show me my local LAN IP Address and that is great. Is there a way to get it to show me the router SSID and the Router Gateway IP. Also is there a way to remove the top line that looks like a bunch of gibberish and maybe a mac address.

Here is my ini file for example
Network.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Network Module

Post by SilverAzide »

If you are seeing gibberish, perhaps the call to fetch your external IP address is failing. In the [MeasureIP] measure, replace the line URL=http://icanhazip.com/ with URL=https://checkip.amazonaws.com.

As far as getting the SSID and Router Gateway, these two measures should do it:

Code: Select all

[MeasureSSID]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WiFiStatus
WiFiInfoType=SSID
WiFiIntfID=0
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^-1$":"Not Connected","^0$":"No Connection"

[MeasureGateway]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=GATEWAY_ADDRESS
SysInfoData=Best
DynamicVariables=1
You'll need to add meters to the skin to display the values you get with these measures. I'll leave that part up to you... :)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Irontugboat

Post by Irontugboat »

LOL. I am not even sure what language the code is even written in. I can fumble my way though it to make edits so we will see what happens. I am sure i will be posting again.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Irontugboat wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 7:12 pm LOL. I am not even sure what language the code is even written in. I can fumble my way though it to make edits so we will see what happens. I am sure i will be posting again.
Rainmeter is not really a "language", per se. It's just the old Windows-style .INI (config) file format. You might want to search around the "Share Your Creations" forum and see if someone created something that you can use without changes.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...