It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:31 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
shoek

Re: Gadgets 6.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by shoek »

SilverAzide wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:10 pm Oh no... :-( Ugh. You're right, it looks like this is unique to AMD, because Intel temps are coming across with no decimals. From what I've seen so far, anyway. And because the new HWiNFO uses the registry, the measures sometimes tend to act like strings instead of numbers, so even though the display is already set for no decimals, they are showing up anyway. <Sigh>

I think HWiNFO has a way to customize the logging so it will display the number of decimals you want, but don't bother; the real fix is I need to tweak the Lua code that configures the display. Hang on for a few days and I will send out another patch release, hopefully by next weekend.

P.S.: Awesome screenshot! :D Gotta love those Threadrippers...
Thanks... I did find the setting in HWinfo, but will wait for your change since that seems cleaner.

For the Ryzen/TR users out there, the per-core temps work a bit different than Intel... HWinfo has a temp for each 8-core "chiplet" on the die, not for each core. So, I assigned chiplet1 to cores 0-7, chiplet3 to 8-15, etc. I think this is how it is supposed to work, but I'm no expert so please anyone correct me if I'm mistaken.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shoek wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm Thanks... I did find the setting in HWinfo, but will wait for your change since that seems cleaner.

For the Ryzen/TR users out there, the per-core temps work a bit different than Intel... HWinfo has a temp for each 8-core "chiplet" on the die, not for each core. So, I assigned chiplet1 to cores 0-7, chiplet3 to 8-15, etc. I think this is how it is supposed to work, but I'm no expert so please anyone correct me if I'm mistaken.
You are correct, that is the suggested approach.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

SilverAzide wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:10 pm And because the new HWiNFO uses the registry, the measures sometimes tend to act like strings instead of numbers, so even though the display is already set for no decimals, they are showing up anyway.
This is exactly right. When referencing a measure, the string value is preferred over its number value. Options like NumOfDecimals only effect the number value of a measure, not its string value.

jsmorley wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:23 pm Another option is:

Text=[MeasureSomeString:0]
Another option could be to strip the decimal point and anything after it. This would essentially "floor" the value, so you lose some rounding.

So, on your measure(s), use something like this:

Code: Select all

RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="[.][0-9]+$":""
-Brian
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:23 pm Another option is:

Text=[MeasureSomeString:0]
Brian wrote: April 13th, 2021, 5:35 am This is exactly right. When referencing a measure, the string value is preferred over its number value. Options like NumOfDecimals only effect the number value of a measure, not its string value.
Thanks guys! I didn't think of using Substitute! But I will use jsmorley's suggestion I think; I actually already did it in numerous places already because (on my CPU anyway), I'm getting decimals in places like clock speed and % usage, where HWiNFO only gave me integers before.

It would be cool if there was a way in a string meter to "hint" to Rainmeter in the Text option that you wanted the number value of a measure. Something like the format strings used in .NET or C-style sprintf type stuff would be nice, but I can't think of a way that would be both backward compatible and easy to do. Maybe "#1" instead of "%1"? Just pondering...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: April 13th, 2021, 11:56 am Thanks guys! I didn't think of using Substitute! But I will use jsmorley's suggestion I think; I actually already did it in numerous places already because (on my CPU anyway), I'm getting decimals in places like clock speed and % usage, where HWiNFO only gave me integers before.

It would be cool if there was a way in a string meter to "hint" to Rainmeter in the Text option that you wanted the number value of a measure. Something like the format strings used in .NET or C-style sprintf type stuff would be nice, but I can't think of a way that would be both backward compatible and easy to do. Maybe "#1" instead of "%1"? Just pondering...
There is a huge difference between the two approaches.
With jsmorley's option:
jsmorley wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:23 pm Text=[MeasureSomeString:0]
the meter shows the number rounded.
Brian's solution:
Brian wrote: April 13th, 2021, 5:35 am So, on your measure(s), use something like this:

Code: Select all

RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="[.][0-9]+$":""
as he said in his post, "floors" the number.
For instance if the measure returns 4.5 (obviously just an example), with jsmorley's solution you'll see 5 (4.5 rounded), but with Brian's, the meter shows 4 (flooring the number, so to say so, removes the decimals).
Not the same...
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

I have 2 PC's that do not show Peak, not sure why?
Screenshot 2021-04-13 220309.jpg
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: April 14th, 2021, 3:04 am I have 2 PC's that do not show Peak, not sure why?

Thanks
That's really odd. I will need more information, as I cannot reproduce this. In your Network Meter Settings, are you monitoring specific adapters or have you left the settings blank? Are any of these virtual adapters? (You can see if you click the "List my network adapters" link.)

Are the following measures ungrayed and showing a value greater than zero (there should be some grayed out, but not all):
MeasureEthernetInterfaceSpeed
MeasureWirelessInterfaceSpeed
MeasureBroadbandInterfaceSpeed
MeasureEthernetStatus
MeasureWirelessStatus
MeasureBroadbandStatus.

Is the measure MeasureMaxBytesPerSec showing a value of zero? (It should be if your peak is zero.)

Are there any error messages in the Rainmeter log (About > Log tab)? And lastly (I gotta ask), have you modified the skin in any way?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

shoek wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm Thanks... I did find the setting in HWinfo, but will wait for your change since that seems cleaner.

Hi shoek (or anyone with a Threadripper CPU)... For your Threadripper, does HWiNFO have a sensor that reports the maximum of all your chiplet temperatures? Intel's typically have a "CoreMax" sensor which is the max of all the core temps, so I'm wondering if there is an equivalent for AMD Threadrippers or any AMD CPU that uses chiplets.
shoek

Post by shoek »

SilverAzide wrote: April 14th, 2021, 12:47 pm Hi shoek (or anyone with a Threadripper CPU)... For your Threadripper, does HWiNFO have a sensor that reports the maximum of all your chiplet temperatures? Intel's typically have a "CoreMax" sensor which is the max of all the core temps, so I'm wondering if there is an equivalent for AMD Threadrippers or any AMD CPU that uses chiplets.
Yes, HWinfo calls it "CPU (Tctl/Tdie)" and describes it as "actual highest temperature among CPU sensors on the die". It also has "CPU Die (average)".

On a separate note, I also noticed that on my Intel system, I was seeing > 100% usage on one of the cores. Is that expected? I don't recall seeing that in previous version of the Gadget. I didnt get a screen shot. It is a 16 core with hyperthreading, so it shows 32 "cores" in the Gadget. I did a quick check in Task Manager and the thread that was showing > 100% in the Gadget was not that high in HWinfo or Task Manager. Is the Gadget summing the T0 and T1 usage values by mistake?
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

SilverAzide wrote: April 14th, 2021, 12:09 pm That's really odd. I will need more information, as I cannot reproduce this. In your Network Meter Settings, are you monitoring specific adapters or have you left the settings blank? Are any of these virtual adapters? (You can see if you click the "List my network adapters" link.)

Are the following measures ungrayed and showing a value greater than zero (there should be some grayed out, but not all):
MeasureEthernetInterfaceSpeed
MeasureWirelessInterfaceSpeed
MeasureBroadbandInterfaceSpeed
MeasureEthernetStatus
MeasureWirelessStatus
MeasureBroadbandStatus.

Is the measure MeasureMaxBytesPerSec showing a value of zero? (It should be if your peak is zero.)

Are there any error messages in the Rainmeter log (About > Log tab)? And lastly (I gotta ask), have you modified the skin in any way?
I had them at default but then clicked on the auto config to see if that would fix this.

Here are the screen shots, no modifications other than color I did move the Rainmeter folder in my documents from my primary machine.
Screenshot 2021-04-14 080118.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-14 075832.jpg
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.